Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk me out of voting for Huck « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 20

spartan

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 28, 2008, 02:03:12 PM

What is polarizing about Mitt Romney?

His Hair,Tan, and Suits?

I guess u didnt vote for the Governor then.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 27, 2008, 10:39:24 PM

if I was going to vote (which Im not), Id vote for Ron Paul. Thats how little I like the republican party cands.

if you refuse to impliment your right to vote, you can't complain how things turn out.

you whine like a little school girl on a constant basis, yet you are not going to vote?

makes no sense.

I whine, for saying Im not going to choose between 2 liberals?

No I state that I dont like how the republican party has gone... only way for them to change is people sitting out.

Thats me exercising my vote.

If Ron Paul runs as a 3rd party... Ill vote for him as a protest vote, or write somebody in.

People that vote lesser of the two evils are the reason we still have the same politicians every year. If people started sitting out of elections, things would change and we wouldnt be ran by the 2 parties that sell this country out.

Go ahead and continue voting for what your union tells you too... expect the same status quo that this country has had for 30+ years.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 27, 2008, 10:41:23 PM

The guy seems like just what we need.

http://www.fiveforfighting.com/Huck/HuckJohnAudio_1-2.mp3

go read any of the posts on this board about Huckabee.

anyone that votes for him should be hit in the face with a sack of bricks after they exit the voting booth.

jmo though.

Thats how I feel about every cand

Swolf

Practice Squad

#18 : January 28, 2008, 02:22:05 PM

What is polarizing about Mitt Romney?

His Hair,Tan, and Suits?

I guess u didnt vote for the Governor then.

No I voted for him, and he endorsed McCain

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 28, 2008, 02:21:16 PM

Here is the issue that is really MOST IMPORTANT.

Who has the hotter wife?

Romney:

Huckabee:

McCain:

Rudy:

I'd have to say Rudy's wife and kid just freak me out.
McCain's lack of color photos of his wife has me wondering, why no color, why make her a black&white issue?
Ann Romney, nice.
Janet Huckabee, Mike could be tempted to pull a Monica.  Gotta be careful about that.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 27, 2008, 11:20:54 PM

During the FL debates, Ron Paul was asked if he planned on running as a 3rd party candidate or independent, and he said "absolutely not".

So if he does run as a 3rd party/independent that will be thrown back at him by the others.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 27, 2008, 11:49:47 PM

I am intrigued by Huckabee's proposal of eliminating the IRS by instituting a national sales tax. Interesting idea, but I don't think it would get passed.  I am not a big fan of voting for evangelicals.  I don't want a president that is on a moral crusade.

The best reason I have for you not to vote for Huckabee is that he is not Mitt Romney.  I am supporting Romney 100%.  Everything this guy touches turns to gold and he is not a Washington insider.  He is a true businessman.  I would love to get a CEO type in the White House who will run the government like a corporation and cut the fat out of government.  I have even donated to his campaign.  I have never done that for any candidate before.  That is how excited I am about him as a candidate.

Check out his website.  www.mittromney.com  There is a ton of info on there about his positions and history.

One of his proposals that I like the most is that he would eliminate taxes on dividends, interest, capital gains, etc. for anyone who makes under $200K.  That is a great way to motivate the middle class to save and invest.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 28, 2008, 12:49:14 AM

One of his (Romney's) proposals that I like the most is that he would eliminate taxes on dividends, interest, capital gains, etc. for anyone who makes under $200K. That is a great way to motivate the middle class to save and invest.

That is a very big deal.  Many, many middle class home owners got popped with a big cap gain tax when they sell their family home at retirement.  Also, it is retirees that pay a substantial tax on int. div. and cap gains and that is their only income.

Great idea but saddly, a democratic congress will never pass it because some millionaire might benefit from it.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 28, 2008, 12:51:00 AM

Haha.  I think that's why he put that $200K income cap on it.  I don't feel those things should be taxed anyway, but like you said unless you eliminate the rich the dems will never vote for it. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 28, 2008, 01:06:41 AM

Haha. I think that's why he put that $200K income cap on it. I don't feel those things should be taxed anyway, but like you said unless you eliminate the rich the dems will never vote for it.

Yep in the minds of most demos... being rich is evil. They forget that the rich pay for there pet projects like socialized medicine

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 28, 2008, 01:51:17 AM

One of his (Romney's) proposals that I like the most is that he would eliminate taxes on dividends, interest, capital gains, etc. for anyone who makes under $200K. That is a great way to motivate the middle class to save and invest.

That is a very big deal. Many, many middle class home owners got popped with a big cap gain tax when they sell their family home at retirement. Also, it is retirees that pay a substantial tax on int. div. and cap gains and that is their only income.

Great idea but saddly, a democratic congress will never pass it because some millionaire might benefit from it.

I actually agree with this and the balance of Romney's positions. He is conservative and has demonstrated to me that his positional shifts were principled and reasoned from his beliefs.

I am not a Morman. I am closer in religious persuasion to Huck. I just think he is another donkey wearing an elephant suit - i.e GWB, GB and Rockefeller.

oregon - I think the way we end up with bad candidates in the presidential is because so many stay away from the polls during the primaries. Sounds like you are disgruntled with the liberal Republicans that keep showing up and foisted on us by the liberal influences in our party. You cannot beat liberals by becoming them.

If we are to win we need conservatives to vote their conscience, without looking at religion.

oregon, you need to come to grips with that man, we need ya' ;)

Incomparable sig by Incognito

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 28, 2008, 03:02:52 AM

reason not to support Huck... NEA endorsed him. Case closed

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 28, 2008, 03:13:28 AM

NY Times endorsed McCain...not exactly the ringing endorsement you want.

All the moderates in Florida (Crist, Schwartzkopf, Martinez) are backing him...again a waste of political capital.

I'm voting for Mit.

Huck is for different types of tax increases.
Huck is for different types of support for illegal immigration.
Huck made religion an issue to be discussed, and brought it up in order to attack another Republican.
Huck is conducting push polls in Florida - spreading untruths and half truths in order to cause desension in the other candidates ranks.

This is not a good responsible Republican.

He's a Bush Republican.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 28, 2008, 08:33:31 AM

NY Times endorsed McCain...not exactly the ringing endorsement you want.

All the moderates in Florida (Crist, Schwartzkopf, Martinez) are backing him...again a waste of political capital.

I'm voting for Mit.

Huck is for different types of tax increases.
Huck is for different types of support for illegal immigration.
Huck made religion an issue to be discussed, and brought it up in order to attack another Republican.
Huck is conducting push polls in Florida - spreading untruths and half truths in order to cause desension in the other candidates ranks.

This is not a good responsible Republican.

He's a Bush Republican.

Glad to hear it.  All of my friends are voting for him too.   We'll see how it turns out on Tuesday.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 28, 2008, 01:54:06 PM

He has flip floped on the issues important to me.

Like what?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk me out of voting for Huck « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools