Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk me out of voting for Huck « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#285 : August 30, 2008, 01:51:34 PM

Excellent pick.

I think that McCain just reeled me, and the election, back in.

I also bet that we won't see a whole lot more of this thread popping back up.

Seriously?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#286 : August 30, 2008, 02:04:20 PM

Absolutely - my personal problem with McCain was that he is not a conservative. He picked a very conservative woman for the future of the party. By picking Palin she comes with the ability to draw the conservatives, some disaffected Hillary voters, and provides for a conservative future.

She is strong on energy (recently negotiated the states position), as an Alaskan she knows all angles of the ANWAR debate - and is a proponent of drilling there, she has parted ways with fat cats and crossed swords with ethically challenged Republicans (a bit of a maverick herself), oil companies, and has stood up for life when she was faced with the moral dilemma. Her son deploys to Iraq on September 11th. She is young enough to be the future face of the party. She embodies the legacy of Reagan.

Are you kidding me? This is the one VEEP candidate I was hoping McCain would pick, but figured had no chance. Proves that McCains leadership is a strength.

unless I miss my guess - ufojoe may even like this one...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#287 : August 31, 2008, 12:01:56 AM

Curious what implications this will have on 2012 and beyond. If Mrs Palin doesn't get elected to national office this time, maybe she'll gain recognition and be someone we look to down the road. I don't give McCain/Palin on chance this year - unless something drastic happens (Obama/Biden do something very stupid).

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#288 : August 31, 2008, 05:54:09 AM

All things considered, and it being a democrat year, McCain and the GOP have to be ecstatic that they will only be trailing Obama by a couple points heading into the GOP convention. McCain has to like his chances.

I agree.

They say McCain has already made his pick. McCain campaign says he will announce it on Friday morning at 11am.

This could surge him forward or set him back so it will be interesting to see who the pick is.

If he picks a qualified woman, he'll get a positive bounce, I bet.  A lot of female Democrats and Independents may be likely to vote for that ticket.  Whatever, he better pick someone who looks young and healthy since slams against his age/health are rampant.
Well, Lamond, I guess McCain took my sage political advice, lol.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#289 : August 31, 2008, 08:00:24 AM

LOL is right.

Page: 1 ... 18 19 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk me out of voting for Huck « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools