Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk me out of voting for Huck « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20

Swolf

Practice Squad

#30 : January 28, 2008, 01:46:48 PM

He reminds me of a snake.

Why? Because he wears a suit and has a tan? Good lord, man.

That being said I wouldn't vote for Romney if it was him vs Hillary. I will write in Huckabee, along with alot of other people.

You are free to do that. I don't know why anyone would even waste a vote in that situation...but whatever makes you feel better, man.

No, I say that because he is this years John Kerry. He has flip floped on the issues important to me. I dont trust a word out of his mouth.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 28, 2008, 10:09:45 AM

Since the race is looking to be a close one, and I don't want McCain to get the nom, I will be voting for Romney tomorrow.

Otherwise, I would vote for Paul.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Swolf

Practice Squad

#32 : January 28, 2008, 10:55:57 AM

I am voting for Huckabee, in fact I have done work for his campain. I can't get into all the reasons, but if you are on the fence or are supporting him, you can go here www.hucksarmy.com and find every article good or bad, all his TV interviews, anything and everything you could want to know about him. Very good site ran by his "grass roots" supporters.

You do not have to registers to see the differnt fourms, but you do to see all of the fourms.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : January 28, 2008, 11:56:47 AM

The fact that Huckabee is a Christian and Evangelical is a good thing in my opinion. Especially in light of a former President committing adultery in the Oval Office.  There is nothing wrong with having a President who believes in and prays to God as our leader.  Right now our country needs this, IMO.

I'd prefer that we don't increase income taxes, but our nation needs to build new bridges, improve our police force and teachers, and improve our schools. Our military needs to be revamped.  Although its a bitter pill, sometimes tax increases are a necessary evil.

Huckabee balanced his state's budget. This would be a great accomplishment in Washington - as we've gone back into deficit spending with GWB and OIF, OEF.

We really need a President who knows how to talk to and lead the nation. GWB is a baffoon who constantly makes public speaking mistakes, can't speak off the cuff, and is basically an embarrassment. I think Huckabee has composure, is witty, and very congenial. 

I'm still not convinced not to vote for him.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 28, 2008, 12:05:22 PM

He won't win a national election if he is the nominee.  The only 2 that have a chance on the republican side this year is Mccain and Romney.  That would be the best reason not to vote for him. 

If Huckabee is the Republican nominee....then Hillary Clinton is your next president. And like Romney said in the last debate "I don't think anyone wants to send Bill Clinton back to the White House with nothing to do."

Romney is also a man of faith.  He even went on a mormon mission back in his younger years. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 28, 2008, 12:07:37 PM

I'd prefer that we don't increase income taxes, but our nation needs to build new bridges, improve our police force and teachers, and improve our schools. Our military needs to be revamped. Although its a bitter pill, sometimes tax increases are a necessary evil.

OEF.

I hope they build that bridge to Alaska ;)

Just curious how do you go about improving those others things as president? Most of that stuff is done at the local level.

IMO we dont need to raise taxes to improve schools, police force etc. What they need to do is quit the wasteful spending...

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 28, 2008, 12:09:57 PM

Romney is also a man of faith. He even went on a mormon mission back in his younger years.

I just hope hes not the type of mormons that live in the valley 40 miles from me, and that will evict people from apartments if they drink behind close doors.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 28, 2008, 12:25:53 PM

The fact that Huckabee is a Christian and Evangelical is a good thing in my opinion. Especially in light of a former President committing adultery in the Oval Office.  There is nothing wrong with having a President who believes in and prays to God as our leader.  Right now our country needs this, IMO.

I agree.

I'd prefer that we don't increase income taxes, but our nation needs to build new bridges, improve our police force and teachers, and improve our schools. Our military needs to be revamped.  Although its a bitter pill, sometimes tax increases are a necessary evil.

Raising taxes is not the answer to the problems you stated above.  Cutting useless government programs, useless government jobs, and cutting spending is the answer.  As a conservative, raising taxes should never be the answer to a question.  That was proven with the recent tax cuts.

We really need a President who knows how to talk to and lead the nation. GWB is a baffoon who constantly makes public speaking mistakes, can't speak off the cuff, and is basically an embarrassment. I think Huckabee has composure, is witty, and very congenial.

I agree that Huck is a much better speaker than GWB...but he is EXACTLY like GWB politically.  Is that really what you want, as a conservative?  Are you going to base your vote on how a person speaks?  Or their past decisions and current stand on the issues.

Again, I really like Mike Huckabee the man...just not a huge fan of Mike Huckabee the politician.   I think he would be a GREAT Vice President.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 28, 2008, 12:32:20 PM

The fact that Huckabee is a Christian and Evangelical is a good thing in my opinion. Especially in light of a former President committing adultery in the Oval Office.

Yes, because evangelical Christians NEVER commit adultery.  cough Jimmy Swaggart cough Jim Bakker cough cough

There is nothing wrong with having a President who believes in and prays to God as our leader.  Right now our country needs this, IMO.

I would agree with the caveat added, as long as he thinks and acts as a President First.  In other words, we need a president who takes action and prays that it is right(Reagan).  Not a President who must pray first to find inspiration for the right action(Carter).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 28, 2008, 12:40:48 PM

Good points about cutting gov't spending. Very important - to eliminate waste. But gov't spending is also in itself a stimulus to the economy in the same way that rebate/tax cuts are.

Regarding public speaking -its extremely important for a leader to be able to eloquently talk to the nation - to get the population to believe in a cause.  Half of GWB current problem is that he did not/could not rally the country to believe in his plan. I think Huckabee has that talent. Reagan had that talent, Kennedy had that talent (Obama has it, too).

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 28, 2008, 12:43:31 PM

Regarding prayer- agree. Can't use prayer for answers (ie God told me we need to invade N. Korea). Although word was Nancy Reagan frequently spoke w/ astrologers - and hopefully no policy was based on what the astrologer told her.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 28, 2008, 12:52:51 PM

But gov't spending is also in itself a stimulus to the economy in the same way that rebate/tax cuts are.

What money is the government spending?  TAX MONEY!  It is not a conservative principle to mandate taxes in order to increase government spending in order to stimulate the economy.

Regarding public speaking -its extremely important for a leader to be able to eloquently talk to the nation - to get the population to believe in a cause.  Half of GWB current problem is that he did not/could not rally the country to believe in his plan.

GWB's problem (from a conservative standpoint)  isn't speaking...he did get elected twice.  It's his wishy-washy conservatism.  But what does any of this have to do with voting for Huckabee in the election?  Politically, GWB and Huckabee are the same person...if that is what you want, then vote for Huckabee.  But if you are not happy with spending, illegal immigration, and more government, then don't vote for Huckabee.

I think Huckabee has that talent. Reagan had that talent

Politically, Huckabee is not Reagan...not even close.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 28, 2008, 12:59:13 PM

I was only speaking in terms of Reagan in his ability to speak to the nation. If he were President today, he could have sold the nation on what we're doing in OIF.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 28, 2008, 01:04:45 PM

Oma,

It doesn't really sound like you are open to being talked out of Huckabee...and that's fine, but why start a thread?

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 28, 2008, 01:06:11 PM

God bless Ronald Reagan.  Man does our party miss him.  We need another leader like that to rally the republican party again.  

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talk me out of voting for Huck « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools