Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Complete 2008 Free agent list sportingnews.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucs1

Practice Squad
#15 : January 28, 2008, 03:07:03 PM

Isn't DeAngelo Hall of the Falcons going to be a free agent this year?  I thought that his contract expired in 2008 because he was able to buy it out like Brian Kelly did, but I didn't see him on the list of free agents.  He might be a good replacement for Kelly.

#16 : January 28, 2008, 03:26:59 PM

Hall is too self absorbed for me. He is like that guy from those commercials that blames all his teammates after the games when he is being interviewed. On top of that, he is no doubt talented but he plays undisciplined a lot. He goes for big hits with no help around him and doesnt wrap up. He'll go for the strip instead of making the tackle with no help around him. Hes just always looking for the ME play instead of the TEAM play. That would never fly in this defense. The players pretty much police eachother on that side of the ball and preach accountability. He isnt great in zone to begin with, and IMO he is still raw and far from living up to his own hype as the self-proclaimed 'greatest' cover man in the world.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 28, 2008, 03:48:10 PM

LT- Jordan Gross
FWIW the few times Carolina has tried to play Gross on the left side he got killed. He's pretty much just a right tackle.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#18 : January 28, 2008, 03:58:21 PM

why did i think Anderson got signed long term?

#19 : January 28, 2008, 04:06:28 PM

LT- Jordan Gross
FWIW the few times Carolina has tried to play Gross on the left side he got killed. He's pretty much just a right tackle.

They went to the Super Bowl with Gross as a key to a very good OL while he was playing LT. I believe he was a rookie too. I've always been a fan of Gross and I think he has been blamed  for being a part of OL that have got less and less talented over the years

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 28, 2008, 04:10:36 PM

LT- Jordan Gross

They went to the Super Bowl with Gross as a key to a very good OL while he was playing LT. I believe he was a rookie too. I've always been a fan of Gross and I think he has been blamed for being a part of OL that have got less and less talented over the years
Wasn't Todd Steussie the LT?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 28, 2008, 04:13:57 PM

FAs I like...

WR- Robert Ferguson, David Patten, Jerry Porter, DJ Hackett, Bernard Berrian

That would be as good a 2 WR signing as Moss/Welker was for NE, IMO...

#22 : January 28, 2008, 04:15:08 PM

Yea you are right about that, Gross was RT. I still remember him as a LT, and liking him a lot there. Most of the shifting that has been done to him has been because of his versatility not his weaknesses

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#23 : January 28, 2008, 04:17:10 PM

sign them all. Let Gruden sort them out.

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#24 : January 29, 2008, 03:57:23 AM

From Ronde Bear :

Hall is too self absorbed for me. He is like that guy from those commercials that blames all his teammates after the games when he is being interviewed. On top of that, he is no doubt talented but he plays undisciplined a lot. He goes for big hits with no help around him and doesnt wrap up. He'll go for the strip instead of making the tackle with no help around him. Hes just always looking for the ME play instead of the TEAM play. That would never fly in this defense.

My Thought On The Situation :

Yeah brian kelly bought out his final year (good thing for us)
anyway yeah hall, he can do the same thing. and he more than likely will (he wants out of atlanta)
with people like asamougha and trufant out there as FA , we would have a way better secondary with one of them replacing kelly than any other team . and i say if oakland dont franchise asamougha he is ours , so add someone like hall to the list and under someone like gruden at the helm or kiffin , Hall would play alot better and would also shine to his potential. those are my thoughts , gruden and kiffin would give direct teachings to him making him better . we ought to try and land a solid defense and someone good offense in the offseason ,

Offense , we need a wideout like berrian or stallworth maybe even a guy like fitzgerald
Defense , Asamougha , Hall .................. what do you think

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#25 : January 29, 2008, 04:02:54 AM

"stop hopin on da offense people , we won the superbowl on the shouldaz of our defense...."

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

watch the fall of americas dynasty Sunday February 3, 2008 "WE GOT BEAT BY THE BEST"

"BUCS FELL TO THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION (DEFENSE) OF THE NEW YORK GIANTS WHO WENT ON TO WIN IT ALL"

come on now , cant feel that bad then huh? GO GIANTS? WHOS WITH ME ON THIS?

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#26 : January 29, 2008, 04:04:21 AM

Partiots Lose 35-38

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

#27 : January 29, 2008, 04:37:17 AM

Just because Hall is opting out of his contract and Kelly is opting out of his, doesnt mean their characters are comparable.

I would never want Hall on this team. He isn't even that good anyways. He really isnt. I dont care how much hype he gets. 99% of it is self made anyways. He talks about himself so much, that other people start to buy into it. I would rather keep P Buc and find another CB elsewhere. Even Atlanta fans are over his antics, and many of them hate the way he makes their team look

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#28 : January 30, 2008, 09:13:40 PM

what about asamougha or trufant? and now whats all this talk about chad "i wanna win a championship" johnson coming to possibly tampa. yeah i love that idea, but no way would we have enough room to snag johnson and someone like berrian or stallworth and we need some adjustments on defense like either asamougha n hall (i like him boy can back up what he talks) or trufant and what about jevon kearse huh? we do have alot of money yes , but the fact is i wanna know what our chances of landing these players is . tell me what u think and what about fitzy boy coming here i like that too(hes better  than boldin in my book

Bucs Win , Bucs Win

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 30, 2008, 09:28:55 PM

"stop hopin on da offense people , we won the superbowl on the shouldaz of our defense...."

"DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS"

watch the fall of americas dynasty Sunday February 3, 2008 "WE GOT BEAT BY THE BEST"

"BUCS FELL TO THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPION (DEFENSE) OF THE NEW YORK GIANTS WHO WENT ON TO WIN IT ALL"

come on now , cant feel that bad then huh? GO GIANTS? WHOS WITH ME ON THIS?

Do what?

what about asamougha or trufant? and now whats all this talk about chad "i wanna win a championship" johnson coming to possibly tampa. yeah i love that idea, but no way would we have enough room to snag johnson and someone like berrian or stallworth and we need some adjustments on defense like either asamougha n hall (i like him boy can back up what he talks) or trufant and what about jevon kearse huh? we do have alot of money yes , but the fact is i wanna know what our chances of landing these players is . tell me what u think and what about fitzy boy coming here i like that too(hes better than boldin in my book

Carnell, is that you??

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Complete 2008 Free agent list sportingnews.com « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools