Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Complete 2008 Free agent list sportingnews.com « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

LA BUC

Starter

« #30 : January 31, 2008, 12:25:54 AM »

RB- Musa Smith
WR- DJ Hackett, Bernard Berrian
DT- Albert Haynesworth

« #31 : January 31, 2008, 03:53:29 AM »

what about asamougha or trufant? and now whats all this talk about chad "i wanna win a championship" johnson coming to possibly tampa. yeah i love that idea, but no way would we have enough room to snag johnson and someone like berrian or stallworth and we need some adjustments on defense like either asamougha n hall (i like him boy can back up what he talks) or trufant and what about jevon kearse huh? we do have alot of money yes , but the fact is i wanna know what our chances of landing these players is . tell me what u think and what about fitzy boy coming here i like that too(hes better  than boldin in my book

I like Trufant a lot, dont know as much about Asamougha(sp?). If we get Chadd Johnson we dont need anymore WRs. CJ, Galloway, Clayton, Stovall, Sheperd + possibly Surlock for KR duties. Expect Jevon Kearse to sign here, I got a source. Again, no thanks to overrated Hall

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 31, 2008, 10:37:42 AM »

Interesting FA I would pursue:

Josh McCown - Make him and Luke share jerseys to save laundry cap money

Marion Barber - Tell JG Tiki is short for Marion

Etan Albright - He'd be alright

Jonathan Goodwin - Cuz all Buc fans like a good win

Cecil Sapp and Greg Warren - Move both to UT and rotate them every down, it might confuse the offense, they wion't know if its
                                                Warren or Sapp

Renaldo Wynn and Dexter Wynn - Two more Wynn's  and that will put us at 11-5 next year

Josh, C.C., Ralph, Cris, Troy, Elton, Jason, Ruben and Ricky Brown
and Nate, Scott and Grady Jackson   - Heck, get all the Jackson-Brown's so we won't be Running on Empty come playoff time

JR Reed, BJ Sams, TJ Duckett, DJ Hackett, LJ Smith, ND Kalu - Cuz intials are cool

and how about any Center that sweats less then John Wade, you can always play better without sweaty footballs

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #33 : January 31, 2008, 10:55:07 AM »

I like Trufant a lot, dont know as much about Asamougha(sp?). If we get Chadd Johnson we dont need anymore WRs. CJ, Galloway, Clayton, Stovall, Sheperd + possibly Surlock for KR duties. Expect Jevon Kearse to sign here, I got a source. Again, no thanks to overrated Hall

Sheppard doesnt play for Tampa anymore. Jazz Warren does though and having him back might be a good thing if he can perform like he did in the preseason. He is a younger Ike Hilliard with more speed. Smart guy who can run routes and possess the ball well...

I agree if we get a true #1 like Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, Fitz, etc we need to end our spending at receiver there.
I would take any of the 4 very talented CB's in this yrs free agency crop (asomughda(sp?), Hall, Samuels, or Trufant), because I am confident that Raheem Morris and the rest of the defensive staff could get them to play in our system well. We may not even need a 1st tier CB although it would be better to have that, I think Morris is a great motivator and bring the best out of ppl.

I am looking for the Bucs to be focused on the lines first, making a play for albert or corey at DT then looking into a Center with Faine or moving Faneca if he agrees to it.

Then WR

Then CB

I wouldnt be suprised if this offseason we see a trade or two from us, possibly involving a draft pick and possibly involving Chad Johnson. I would love to wear that Jersey, even with his mouth.

« #34 : January 31, 2008, 02:52:33 PM »

Yea I meant Warren, thanks

I agree with a lot of what you said too. I think it is equally as important that we get a center as it is that we get a WR. Then DT and CB next

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #35 : January 31, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »

are you serios hamlin is a free agent. we could use another hard hitter at saftey for the future, yeah phillips is off the chain but wont be around forever and i love the hard hitting play of our new tanard jackson (hes a keeper) but hamlin would be a nice fit with jackson, two solid hitters at saftey. Hamlin hasnt been the same since his "stop sign" incident at that bar lol but hes still good in my book and would be an excellent fit with people like p buc and newly aquired hall or asamougha that would be bad butt. well am i the only one who sees this as a good fit , get back to me on this......

I've always though Ken Hamlin was a darn good football player, however, I feel we have our future at Safety set with Tanard Jackson and Sabby Piscitelli. You forget, Sabby was a 2nd round pick and making a lot of noise in TC last year. If he didn't get hurt, he could have challenged Jermaine Phillips for playing time.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #36 : January 31, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »

are you serios hamlin is a free agent. we could use another hard hitter at saftey for the future, yeah phillips is off the chain but wont be around forever and i love the hard hitting play of our new tanard jackson (hes a keeper) but hamlin would be a nice fit with jackson, two solid hitters at saftey. Hamlin hasnt been the same since his "stop sign" incident at that bar lol but hes still good in my book and would be an excellent fit with people like p buc and newly aquired hall or asamougha that would be bad butt. well am i the only one who sees this as a good fit , get back to me on this......

I've always though Ken Hamlin was a darn good football player, however, I feel we have our future at Safety set with Tanard Jackson and Sabby Piscitelli. You forget, Sabby was a 2nd round pick and making a lot of noise in TC last year. If he didn't get hurt, he could have challenged Jermaine Phillips for playing time.

Amazingly one of our biggest weaknesses in 06, may be our biggest strength in 08.  I love the NFL sometimes.

As far as the topic goes, I would like to trade for a WR.  That is first and foremost.  We need another playmaker on offense.  Plain and simple.  My personal preference would be Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams, but I would in no way, shape, or form be disappointed if we landed Chad Johnson.

Second is the Center position.  We need a better Center.  Wade is in the bottom 5 of the NFL IMO.  I really feel that Center is holding back a young offensive line that looks like it could dominate in the coming years.

Third would be Defensive Line help, mainly on the inside.  The reason I place this third, is because of the depth at D-Line in the draft.  I loved Chartric Darby when he was here and I wouldn't mind having him back.  Corey Williams is at the top of my wishlist, though.

Corner is deep in FA and the draft this year, so either way would be great.  Since BK is gone, I would love to land Hall, but I don't think that's very likely.  The most likely would be Nnamdi Asomugha, unless he is franchised by Oakland.

After that would be trying to get depth at RB, O-line, DE, LB, and QB.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Complete 2008 Free agent list sportingnews.com « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools