Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick or Grads? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#30 : November 29, 2006, 12:59:53 PM

Vick-- the guy can throw (not all that consistent but has thrown up huge passing games on few occassions) and is a phenomenal game breaker. He demands a LB spy leaving crosssing routes wide open. Not to mention he buys the time to get WR's wide open behind the coverage because the DB's have to stay honest and pursue him because of the threat he may take off and he will beat the 1st and 2nd line of the defense. As someone else said the guy is a freak and i am sure Gruden could make him a passer-- he has a cannon for an arm and can run better than most backs. I would make the trade in a heartbeat.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#31 : November 29, 2006, 06:55:25 PM

Vick is a cancer. He calls out his coach (I realize his coach is an idiot though) and he can destroy a team in a heartbeat. He is sort of like TO, but much less forward with his destructiveness.

This week showed the real Mike Vick. The real you is who you are when you are at your lowest point. He was himself at that time, and he made a big mistake by shafting the fans. Pro athletes get booed...he should know how to deal with it, and he is going to have to learn how to deal with it.

At any rate, without the baggage easily you choose Vick. The guy, in my opinion, if he had his head screwed on straight could be the best QB in NFL history. He wins a lot of games and he wins games in an unconventional fashion which makes other teams scratch their heads. If he could learn to throw, and get some accuracy he would be a real QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he is ever going to learn to do that, and certainly not in Atlanta. Still, I would only trade for him without the baggage. At this point, we are low enough without Vick.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 29, 2006, 07:13:59 PM

Gruden would love to have starship 7. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 29, 2006, 07:23:32 PM

Vick is a cancer. He calls out his coach (I realize his coach is an idiot though) and he can destroy a team in a heartbeat. He is sort of like TO, but much less forward with his destructiveness.

This week showed the real Mike Vick. The real you is who you are when you are at your lowest point. He was himself at that time, and he made a big mistake by shafting the fans. Pro athletes get booed...he should know how to deal with it, and he is going to have to learn how to deal with it.

At any rate, without the baggage easily you choose Vick. The guy, in my opinion, if he had his head screwed on straight could be the best QB in NFL history. He wins a lot of games and he wins games in an unconventional fashion which makes other teams scratch their heads. If he could learn to throw, and get some accuracy he would be a real QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he is ever going to learn to do that, and certainly not in Atlanta. Still, I would only trade for him without the baggage. At this point, we are low enough without Vick.

He'll never learn with the lack of work ethic. All of his life he's been able to avoid learning to pass the ball because he could run. Now, he runs and runs but it doesn't equate to points for the offense.

I would NEVER take Vick. You judge Qb's on a couple of categories with 3rd down conversions and red zone TD's being near the top. He's terrible at both because he lacks accuracy and isn't intelligent enough to read a defense. Screw Vick, he's an awful VT thug and know for a fact that he won't improve his passing.

Lelie was nasty in Denver, what happened? Funny, all the ATL fans will call out the WR's but the common theme in all of this is VIck. He is a WR killer and coach killer.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick or Grads? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools