Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leinart and Young vs. Grads « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

gone

Hall of Famer
#45 : November 27, 2006, 02:31:10 AM

BuccoJD---for some reason I've came to determine that they don't mind the debate so much, just mainly with me. For whatever reason. I guess it's better if  don't disagree or act like I care. Apparently active debate is encouraged, just not from me.
Martyring yourself now?  Cmon, it's not "you" and you know it. It's your posts that get under some peeps skin here.  I think it's the volume of posts on the same issue that's driving them nuts, there are several posters here that are truly obnoxious but I don't see them getting singled out, mainly because they don't post as much, so their idiocy is fogotten quickly.  But you just keep coming on, so people remember you...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#46 : November 27, 2006, 02:32:57 AM

I'm not starting the damn threads.

gone

Hall of Famer
#47 : November 27, 2006, 02:35:18 AM

NO, but you post a lot

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#48 : November 27, 2006, 02:47:26 AM

As do alot of you guys.  The Bucs is just something I'm most interested in--& I've been off work for5 days!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#49 : November 27, 2006, 08:36:36 AM

Let us not forget, Grads has NINE, yes 9 fumbles, and 6 picks. He is still a turnover machine, no matter what you guys say.

And it makes me want to rip my heart out, but Grads is not it. Period.

And only 3 of the fumbles were recovered by the opposing team. So 9 Td's vs 9 TO's real TO machine that kid is-- would you like to compare that to the other rookies. Or how about we just compare that to Simms 1TD and 7Ints. Talk about a TO and batted ball machine.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#50 : November 27, 2006, 08:40:32 AM

Doesn't your qb rating go up the fewer passes you throw in relation to how many are caught? In other words if you throw 5 & all are caught don't you have a perfect rating? When maybe you didn'r see a lot of passes open & so didn't throw. This doesn't really make you a great qb, does it?
I'd appreciate if any of you guys know the answer to this--it would explain qb ratings somewhat. Or are you just ignoring me?

Four categories are used as a basis for compiling a rating:
• Percentage of completions per attempt
• Average yards gained per attempt
• Percentage of touchdown passes per attempt
• Percentage of interceptions per attempt

So no- just because you complete 5 passes and 5 are thrown you are not perfect in rating you have to take the % of TD in relation to #of passes and the avg yards gained so if you were 5for 5 for 5yards and no int no td's you still would not have a perfect rating. There are plenty of rating calculators and explanations of the formula on the net.

#51 : November 27, 2006, 08:42:25 AM

Where is MJS, RJ, DTG, et all? No comments now?

I'm Et Al.  Anyway, my only point has been that Gradkowski's performance is on par with what a rookie's should be.  Gradkowski will, rightfully, play out the year, and we'll need to make an assessment at that point.

#52 : November 27, 2006, 08:47:51 AM

Doesn't your qb rating go up the fewer passes you throw in relation to how many are caught? In other words if you throw 5 & all are caught don't you have a perfect rating? When maybe you didn'r see a lot of passes open & so didn't throw. This doesn't really make you a great qb, does it?
   I'd appreciate if any of you guys know the answer to this--it would explain qb ratings somewhat. Or are you just ignoring me?

QB ratings are based on four things: % complete, yards per attempt, % of TDs, % of INTs.

No, QB would not have a perfect rating just by completing passes, you need to get TDs, have few INTs and muitto yardage.

http://www.supernfl.com/QBRating.html

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#53 : November 27, 2006, 09:05:54 AM

Grads just does not have the tools to be successful in the NFL for an extended period. He can give you 2-4 emergency starts a year and fill in admirable.

Comparing Gradkowski up against Leinart and Young is insanity in the first place but oh well some people here drink the koolaid to the last drop, it happens.

I told MJS or ADW once upon a time, take the ratings/rankings and come talk to me in 5 years when comaparing Leinart, Young and Grads. I hope Grads is the man, but as we have seen continuously over the past several weeks, not much elevation in his game.

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 27, 2006, 09:13:21 AM

Grads just does not have the tools to be successful in the NFL for an extended period. He can give you 2-4 emergency starts a year and fill in admirable.

Comparing Gradkowski up against Leinart and Young is insanity in the first place but oh well some people here drink the koolaid to the last drop, it happens.

I told MJS or ADW once upon a time, take the ratings/rankings and come talk to me in 5 years when comaparing Leinart, Young and Grads. I hope Grads is the man, but as we have seen continuously over the past several weeks, not much elevation in his game.

no one compared him to anyone  ???

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 27, 2006, 09:15:56 AM

I disagree completely.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#56 : November 27, 2006, 09:18:40 AM

Quinn is way overrated.  Gradkowski has already shown an impressive degree of understanding, reading defenses, recognition and audibles.

The question with Bruce has always been the physical toolkit.  He has made good throws, even deep, at times but the consistency is just no there.  Let's see where he is 5 games from now.  The problem with the Buenning injury is that he will have much poorer protection now with the human turnstile at lg.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#57 : November 27, 2006, 09:24:39 AM

Troy Smith will be a very fine QB at the pro level and is why I like his chances better at this level compared to Quinn.   Quinn has the tools but needs a lot of work and time to fix a lot of his issues.  .  No way he looks like he can even be a player year two in the NFL. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#58 : November 27, 2006, 09:30:31 AM

I like Smith too, I like Quinn as well, are they both top NFL picks, not in my estimation.

Anyway, I hope the light switch clicks for grads but I have seen every game and its basically the same plot every game. He struggles throwing the ball and engineering scoring drives for the offense. Let him play it out but I am just not seeing anything to look forward to with his game. Just MHO, so be it, as I said I hope the switch turns on.

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 27, 2006, 09:33:27 AM

I like Smith too, I like Quinn as well, are they both top NFL picks, not in my estimation.

Anyway, I hope the light switch clicks for grads but I have seen every game and its basically the same plot every game. He struggles throwing the ball and engineering scoring drives for the offense. Let him play it out but I am just not seeing anything to look forward to with his game. Just MHO, so be it, as I said I hope the switch turns on.

Gradkowski has not struggled to engineer scoring drives.  This is what he excells at (especially being able to use his feet to keep a drive alive)  When a lot of players drop balls that is a factor in stopping cold a drive and is not on Gradkowski.  The dropped balls this year were an issue for Simms as well.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leinart and Young vs. Grads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools