Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leinart and Young vs. Grads « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#60 : November 27, 2006, 09:36:06 AM

He excells in this area??? Dude we are 31st in the NFL in scoring offense.............

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#61 : November 27, 2006, 09:41:55 AM

He excells in this area??? Dude we are 31st in the NFL in scoring offense.............

Yes he does excell at it and when he is in the red zone he has very good numbers too.  And no looking at the ranking of a scoring offense does not tell you how well a QB is playing.  It tells you how poor the rest of the offense is (Eg dropped balls).

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#62 : November 27, 2006, 09:52:21 AM

ok well we are averaging 3 points less a game than the browns and .9 more than the Raiders, spin whatever you want.

Baghead #2

#63 : November 27, 2006, 05:23:35 PM

she has this fetish, she thinks this is some type of war....I guess she loves seeing people argue and her being on the less populated side so if somehow that comes out to be the 'correct' side she can act like a big whig who has great vision...

I know, believe me, she's very transparent. However, I'm actually starting to find her obsession a little bit creepy.

this board is up sh1t creek and posters like Karen are a large part of the problem. When my subscription is up in a couple of months I am quitting the site.

Damn some of you guys take this stuff personally...

So I guess MJS and Senor DRay are the main Bruce supporters around here, which is all good and well, but there are also the Simms supporters (I fall into that category), and finally you have the flip-floppers who change their opinion every week. This sets up the perfect group to have "somewhat" intellectual debates on who we think will fare better in the 07 season.
I love making points on how Simms has shown he can take this team to the playoffs, and I like hearing the rebuttle of how Grads is a rookie and all that other BS (just kidding guys). But no one should quit the board over something like this.

Hell our ony aternative is buccaneers.com which is the worst thing ever created.

dude I'm not on one side or the other....I was a huge Simms guy until he got hurt and the team relied on Bruce....I want what's best for the team, but I will defend a player (Bruce in this case) if I feel the need...I defended Chris after the rough start....this is the same thing only the situation shows Bruce hasn't been as bad as some of these people make it seem

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#64 : November 27, 2006, 06:26:59 PM

With some exceptions, the general feeling around here seems to be that Grads is playing better than both of the high draft picks, Matt Leinart and Vince Young.

How do you tell the general feeling? I'd be interested to find out. I know you aren't finding it out from the posts because I'd be shocked if there were more than one or two corndogs who thought Grads was playing better than those two. But I don't read the general feeling, I just read the posts.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#65 : November 27, 2006, 06:30:41 PM

Let us not forget, Grads has NINE, yes 9 fumbles, and 6 picks. He is still a turnover machine, no matter what you guys say.

And it makes me want to rip my heart out, but Grads is not it. Period.

And only 3 of the fumbles were recovered by the opposing team. So 9 Td's vs 9 TO's real TO machine that kid is-- would you like to compare that to the other rookies. Or how about we just compare that to Simms 1TD and 7Ints. Talk about a TO and batted ball machine.

Fumbles are opportunities that cannot be afforded.  The recovery rate is 50 50.  You get it back, or you don't, but it could still be a problem.  Nine fumbles are not a good thing.  Add his picks, and he is a turnover machine.  As for the batted balls, ONCE AGAIN, it is getting more even as the weeks go by.  Simms 17 to 1.  Grads, about 21 to 1.  Not that big a deal, IMO.  Grads gets his passes swatted because he is short and small.  Simms because he has a windup issue, or a staredown problem, whatever.  But a batted pass is a batted pass in my book.

gone

Hall of Famer
#66 : November 27, 2006, 07:16:11 PM

Grads just does not have the tools to be successful in the NFL for an extended period. He can give you 2-4 emergency starts a year and fill in admirable.

Comparing Gradkowski up against Leinart and Young is insanity in the first place but oh well some people here drink the koolaid to the last drop, it happens.

I told MJS or ADW once upon a time, take the ratings/rankings and come talk to me in 5 years when comaparing Leinart, Young and Grads. I hope Grads is the man, but as we have seen continuously over the past several weeks, not much elevation in his game.
His main problem is not one that Game experience is going to solve.  He's actually looking a bit ahead of the curve on reading D's and understanding the offense he has to run.  Also in decision making.  His issues are mechanincs and strength and timing.  What he needs is some time to work on those, but he's not getting that now, because he's starting.  Unlike King, I expect he will look a lot better passing after an offseason.  He needs time with professional level coaching and nothing else to focus on to get some polish on him.  I have no doubt the kid will bust his ass on the break.  He's not a finished product right now, and if McCown had not been injured no way in hell does Grads start.  He's a raw product that needs some real coaching on mechanics and some strength training.  That may or may not improve his arm, but it's not possible to know right now.  I believe at the very least we'll see a noticeable but not spectacular improvement next year. It's also possible we'll see a signifigant improvement, and possible we'll see none.  Comparing him to King isn't fair as King had crap for coaching and an awful work ethic.  Grads has a decent shot.  He's supposedly a hard worker, already seems to have a better football head than King, and while his arm is weak (no doubt) he's been taking a tremendous amount of reps that are compounding the issue. 
I don't see his arm as being too weak to play at this level as a starter, I see his timing and deep accuracy as a bigger issue.  And I'm willing to wait until next year to see if he can improve before judging his as a perennial backup...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#67 : November 27, 2006, 07:34:37 PM

It is my professional opinion that we are obviously watching 2 different guys.  Must have something to do with our different cable providers or something. Maybe some people's sattellites are screwed up.  Yeah, that's it.

#68 : November 27, 2006, 08:44:09 PM

It is my professional opinion that we are obviously watching 2 different guys. Must have something to do with our different cable providers or something. Maybe some people's sattellites are screwed up. Yeah, that's it.
professional......?!?!

gone

Hall of Famer
#69 : November 27, 2006, 08:51:55 PM

Calm down Dray!
It is my professional opinion that we are obviously watching 2 different guys.  Must have something to do with our different cable providers or something. Maybe some people's sattellites are screwed up.  Yeah, that's it.
Gru has gone on the record a few times that Grads is making the right reads, checking to the right play.  Players have said they're running the right plays but not executing.  Since I have no way of knowing if that is false, I believe them.  He's just got serious issues with accuracy and timing.  Also issues with strength (but not a big as the other issues).  He's waiting a hair too long beofre deciding a reciever is open on the deep stuff.  Ironicly Chris has the same issue, but he covers for it with great deep throws.  Bruce is not ready to make those throws.  But I believe he'll look better next year with some real work on his mechanice and some time.  I won't annoint the guy, but he is going to be given a shot next year to win the job...

#70 : November 27, 2006, 08:55:28 PM

Calm down Dray!
It is my professional opinion that we are obviously watching 2 different guys. Must have something to do with our different cable providers or something. Maybe some people's sattellites are screwed up. Yeah, that's it.
Gru has gone on the record a few times that Grads is making the right reads, checking to the right play. Players have said they're running the right plays but not executing. Since I have no way of knowing if that is false, I believe them. He's just got serious issues with accuracy and timing. Also issues with strength (but not a big as the other issues). He's waiting a hair too long beofre deciding a reciever is open on the deep stuff. Ironicly Chris has the same issue, but he covers for it with great deep throws. Bruce is not ready to make those throws. But I believe he'll look better next year with some real work on his mechanice and some time. I won't annoint the guy, but he is going to be given a shot next year to win the job...
what? I was razzing her....IF I WERE UPSET YOU'D KNOW IT...damnit lol

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#71 : November 27, 2006, 09:12:36 PM

Razzing acknowledged! :P

gone

Hall of Famer
#72 : November 27, 2006, 09:37:33 PM

Calm down Dray!
Gru has gone on the record a few times that Grads is making the right reads, checking to the right play. Players have said they're running the right plays but not executing. Since I have no way of knowing if that is false, I believe them. He's just got serious issues with accuracy and timing. Also issues with strength (but not a big as the other issues). He's waiting a hair too long beofre deciding a reciever is open on the deep stuff. Ironicly Chris has the same issue, but he covers for it with great deep throws. Bruce is not ready to make those throws. But I believe he'll look better next year with some real work on his mechanice and some time. I won't annoint the guy, but he is going to be given a shot next year to win the job...
what? I was razzing her....IF I WERE UPSET YOU'D KNOW IT...damnit lol
I didn't think you were upset, I thought you were excited...bad pun I guess...
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leinart and Young vs. Grads « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools