Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What draft position would make you the most angry? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 27, 2008, 10:50:36 PM

QB

McCown is big time.

IF the Bucs draft a QB it will be because GRUDEN doesn't think McCown is the answer, and if that is the case I trust his judgment.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#31 : January 27, 2008, 10:51:53 PM

pissed at a QB?  So you are saying if Woodson or Brohm falls to 20 that you would pass on him?  Let me guess for Desean Jackson.. right?

My only concern with a QB in round one is the fact that a majority never do crap in the league! Especially of late most 2 to 5th (or 6th in Brady's case) are having success spending a year or two developing then having succeess. I stress not all Round 1 Qb's fail but it's a big risk that hasn't been paying off to much.

Actually as of late the first round QB's have looked good.

Young, Leinart, Cutler, Jason Campbell, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben

Alex smith had a good 2005  and Aaron rodgers looked good agqainst the Boys this year

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#32 : January 27, 2008, 10:53:43 PM

It will be aleast a 3 footer(Remote bounce distance from my tv) if we pass on Woodson so we can take Johsnon in the 3rd/4th

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#33 : January 27, 2008, 10:57:19 PM

pissed at a QB?  So you are saying if Woodson or Brohm falls to 20 that you would pass on him?  Let me guess for Desean Jackson.. right?

Young -- Decent so far
Leinart -- Your kidding right? He's done what besides get hurt?
Cutler -- What?
Campbell -- After how many years.. 1/2 a good season
Eli Manning -- Finally this year
Phillip Rivers -- Getting to be real good
Big Ben -- NO argument here.

Alex smith had a good 2005 -- 1 year doesn't mean a thing  
Aaron rodgers looked good agqainst the Boys this year -- Again your kidding right... 3 quarters in a loss... I can't really say he's good based off that performance...

Again like I said not all Round 1's have flopped. However I am looking at long term success has come from alot of guys outside round 1.

My only concern with a QB in round one is the fact that a majority never do crap in the league! Especially of late most 2 to 5th (or 6th in Brady's case) are having success spending a year or two developing then having succeess. I stress not all Round 1 Qb's fail but it's a big risk that hasn't been paying off to much.

Actually as of late the first round QB's have looked good.

Young, Leinart, Cutler, Jason Campbell, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben

Alex smith had a good 2005  and Aaron rodgers looked good agqainst the Boys this year

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 27, 2008, 10:59:18 PM

G / C / FB / S

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 27, 2008, 11:03:28 PM

pissed at a QB?  So you are saying if Woodson or Brohm falls to 20 that you would pass on him?  Let me guess for Desean Jackson.. right?

Woodson would be a poor pick for the Bucs. He won't be able to play in a typical WCO.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#36 : January 27, 2008, 11:06:16 PM

Half of the players at any position drafted in the first round fail.

Cutler forced plummer out of denver.
Campbell took a year to get the system...Since when is QB and instant success position?
Leinart got hurt so he must be a bust.

Smith would have had 2 good years if the 9ers could block
Rodgers- you can't say he is bad though

A good precentage of first round qbs has played well almost all besides jp losman have.

There will always be the players like brady that fall through the cracks, but a majority are picked higher thant 6th round.

Lets only draft WR in round 7 because thats where Colston was drafted.

Be more mad over drafting a QB than another guard is ludacris

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#37 : January 27, 2008, 11:08:01 PM

pissed at a QB? So you are saying if Woodson or Brohm falls to 20 that you would pass on him? Let me guess for Desean Jackson.. right?

Woodson would be a poor pick for the Bucs. He won't be able to play in a typical WCO.

Brad Johnson wasn't a great fit but he seemed to do well in the WCO.
Since when is a scrambling QB needed for the WCO?

Was Montana a big scrambler?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 27, 2008, 11:17:44 PM

pissed at a QB? So you are saying if Woodson or Brohm falls to 20 that you would pass on him? Let me guess for Desean Jackson.. right?

Brad Johnson wasn't a great fit but he seemed to do well in the WCO.
Since when is a scrambling QB needed for the WCO?

Was Montana a big scrambler?

Who said anything about scrambling? Woodson can't get rid of the ball. That was before his Senior Bowl practice where he was judged to be pretty bad. Inaccurate and consistently late with his passes. He is way too deliberate for an offense that relies on quick decisions, quick and accurate delivery.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#39 : January 27, 2008, 11:22:07 PM

Sorry thought you were making the we need a scrambler like Vick misconception

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 27, 2008, 11:58:06 PM

Any O-line because:
a. No Centers in this draft worth a 1st rnd
b. Penn and Pettigrout make LT not a 1st rnd need.
c. the rest is obvious.

Safety because it's not a need or a 1st rnd position.
FB: see above
Long snapper

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 27, 2008, 11:58:32 PM

guard or long snapper

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 28, 2008, 02:18:49 PM

I see what you're saying, but I don't see that as a reason you should avoid a QB in the first round.  Pick out of fear or pick out of confidence. I'm going with picking from confidence.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 28, 2008, 07:31:03 AM

guard or long snapper

What about a guard that plays long snapper.   ???   :P

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 28, 2008, 08:28:21 AM

QB

my sentiments exactly...I'd like to amend my choice to Guard

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What draft position would make you the most angry? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools