Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB position « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: January 28, 2008, 11:36:51 PM

According to Roy Cummings (I know not the most popular guy on the boards) Jon Gruden was intensly scouting QB's in Mobile, namely Andre Woodson and Joe Flacco. New video on ww.tbo.com/sports/bucs

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 28, 2008, 11:47:01 PM

we will not draft a QB in round 1

QFT

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 29, 2008, 12:03:18 AM

we will not draft a QB in round 1

Don't bet your bippy on that.

While there are one or two positions that they would rather address, if their targets are gone, do not be shocked if they opt for a QB.  Gruden has been looking to draft a QB for a few years now, and has seriously considered a few.  But in the past there have been candidates to fill more pressing needs, and the available QBs did not fit what Gruden wanted.  Gruden knows that Garcia is only a short-term stop-gap; he is not at all satisfied with Sims, plus we don't know if he will ever be right again; and while Luke McCown shows some potential, he also has some significant flaws that are bothersome.

I am not saying it is a foregone conclusion, but I certainly would not be shocked if we pick a QB at 20.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 29, 2008, 12:12:02 AM

Me either, especially if Brohm drops. I think it's more likely we get a guy like Flacco or Josh Johnson a little later though.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 29, 2008, 12:41:09 AM

They got their contract extension now so they very well might pull the trigger if the right QB is there.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2008, 08:28:32 AM

According to Roy Cummings (I know not the most popular guy on the boards) Jon Gruden was intensly scouting QB's in Mobile, namely Andre Woodson and Joe Flacco. New video on ww.tbo.com/sports/bucs

and that should surprise anyone...boy what a shocker Gruden scouting college QB's...

You must be accountable for your actions!

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2008, 08:29:50 AM

IMO Andre Woodson hurt his stock pretty bad wouldnt be surprised to see him in round 2

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : January 29, 2008, 09:48:15 AM

IMO Andre Woodson hurt his stock pretty bad wouldnt be surprised to see him in round 2

I don't think he hurt his stock all that much and if he did it wasn't all his fault. Todd McShay made a comment about Woodson's poor week of practices. What he said was NFL scouts took notice of the way Mike Martz approached the Qbs last week. They said that really did a bad job of trying to make these guys fits his system with less than a week of practices instead of working with the talents they already had. Typical Martz IMO, always the egomaniac trying to prove that his system works best. Now that doesn't give Woodson an escape clause because he should have done better, but his performance in the game (leading to long scoring drives) probably helped his stock recover.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 29, 2008, 09:52:45 AM

I like Woodson best of the supposed 1st round QBs and would love it if the Bucs drafted him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : January 29, 2008, 09:56:33 AM

You and me both. When he almost scrambled for that TD in the third quarter I thought, "what a good decision." Instead of holding on to the ball he tucked it in and ran with it. He did give up a fumble and a safety, but hey his OL couldn't block Ellis or Laws worth a darn.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 29, 2008, 10:22:15 AM

Woodson has a terribly slow release and will get picked a lot in the NFL. Flacco has really slow feet. Neither is a good fit for Grudens offense. If they don't go with Brohm in the first, I could see them taking Henne in the 2nd. He really impressed the scouts in the bowl game and then even more with the Sr. Bowl practices.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 29, 2008, 10:27:18 AM

McCown's problems are the same that all young QB's have in the NFL.  He tries to do to much somtimes and gets himself in trouble.  His pocket presence will get better with game time experience.  He already has a strong accurate arm and knows the system and how to read a D.  As of right now I think he is the best bet for our future QB.  the only reason Grads was second string was because he had the most experience.  Believe it or not that is one of the most important things when you have to enter a game in the middle of it with little preperation. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 29, 2008, 11:42:48 AM

They said that really did a bad job of trying to make these guys fits his system with less than a week of practices instead of working with the talents they already had. Typical Martz IMO, always the egomaniac trying to prove that his system works best.

Martz system does work best considering he made Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, Mike Furrey, etc into recongizable players in this league.

Martz is a very good offensive coordinator when it comes to squeezing out talent and maximizing it.  I would not expect collegiate players that have not been exposed to a pro offense like Martz to understand it. 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 29, 2008, 11:44:20 AM

I like Woodson best of the supposed 1st round QBs and would love it if the Bucs drafted him.

Yikes.  You and I clearly watch different games.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 29, 2008, 11:47:35 AM

Yikes. You and I clearly watch different games.
I'm not basing an evaluation of any QB off of the Senior Bowl game. Show me his tools and his real game film.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools