Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Manningham « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 29, 2008, 02:39:04 PM

Personally, I'd disturbed by how often he tries to catch the football with his arms and chest.  I wouldn't be ticked off if the team were to draft him, but I think he's getting somewhat overrated on this board.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 29, 2008, 02:47:12 PM

5 catches 78 yards and a TD.

Still dont understand how that's dominating

He did a lot more then catch the ball though.  I liked how he went over the middle and down the sidelines.  He wasn't scared to make a play over the middle but could also stretch the field.  I don't know if he is the right WR for what we need but he looked pretty good.  I didn't watch the Gators mutch so I will have to take your word about the secondary.  I don't really care for any WR in the first round unless you take the first one.  At 20 we will not get the best WR on the board.

Buc31

Starter

#17 : January 29, 2008, 03:13:59 PM

I honestly don't understand all the hate for the guy, however if I were to take one of the Mich wrs it would be Arrington!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 29, 2008, 03:17:09 PM

Don't love him or hate him. just not sure about round one.  Now if he's there round 2, all over it.

#19 : January 29, 2008, 03:41:25 PM

Even at that NOBODY dominated our defense like that...not alone that is

Manningham didn't do that single-handedly...Henne and Arrington had better days than Manningham did. Mike Hart even did better. Manningham was the forth best player for their offense that day.

Manningham drew double teams...the reason why Florida couldnt contain Hart was that Manningham was such a threat.

And Arrington was matched one on one with Rickerson and sometimes over the top with Joiner.

Does TO always have bigger days than the other two recievrs on the field?

How about when Key was here...was he always #1?

The Gator defense had to devote so much to Manningham that game because when they didnt he burned them..he opened up the running game and freed up coverage on the 2nd and 3rd options

Ask Brandon Spikes if he is worth a late first round pick...He would tell you Manningham was absolutly a freak of nature that game

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 29, 2008, 03:46:25 PM

Ask Brandon Spikes if he is worth a late first round pick...He would tell you Manningham was absolutly a freak of nature that game

i admit i was intoxicated during that game, but did UF have spikes covering manningham?  no wonder UF lost!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 29, 2008, 03:53:41 PM

Manningham drew double teams...the reason why Florida couldnt contain Hart was that Manningham was such a threat.

There weren't a whole lot of double-teams.

And Arrington was matched one on one with Rickerson and sometimes over the top with Joiner.

So they were double-teaming both recievers?

Does TO always have bigger days than the other two recievrs on the field?  How about when Key was here...was he always #1?

Nobody is arguing with you if Manningham was Michigan's number one receiver.  We had problems with you saying he "dominated" when he clearly didn't.  Like he said, he was the fourth best offensive player for Michigan in that game...hardly dominating.

The Gator defense had to devote so much to Manningham that game because when they didnt he burned them..he opened up the running game and freed up coverage on the 2nd and 3rd options

I don't agree with your assessment of how that happened, but you are entitled to your opinion.

You obviously are high on Manningham and that is great.  Some would agree, most disagree.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 29, 2008, 04:25:35 PM

ONE good year. He blew the first 2 years.

this guy has Marquise Walker written ALL over him.

against florida he had 5 receptinos for 78 yards and a TD.

HOW IS THAT DOMINATING?

If that's your criteria than you got some learnin to do.

LOL. Do you even attempt to research a player before making assinine statements? He blew for the first two years? Thats hilarious considering his first year he was a freshman so he didn't have a great year, hi sophmore year he had 703 yards and 9tds while not playing 4 games and playing another hurt, but he sucked that year too...........

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#23 : January 29, 2008, 04:17:28 PM

As a Michigan fan for Life!!! I had this argument before about Mich receivers that they all pretty much have been failures in the NFL. Braylon Edwards has changed that some and still not sold on Avant. Manningham had better JR year than senior and Arrington started to shine this year. Mich receivers look so good in college because they usually run the ball so well. Thus opening up the passing game for big plays. These guys always crumble under pressure and as a mich fan it sucks to seem them fail at the next level.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 29, 2008, 04:35:42 PM

Just for the record Marquise Walker's 2001 season at Michigan: 86 receptions 1143 yards

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 29, 2008, 05:05:13 PM

I don't think the Bucs are going to draft any receivers very high because of the rate at which most don't produce immediately. Look for the WRs to come from free agency and defense help come through the draft.

bucbeast

Second String
#26 : January 29, 2008, 05:13:29 PM

I don't think the Bucs are going to draft any receivers very high because of the rate at which most don't produce immediately. Look for the WRs to come from free agency and defense help come through the draft.

What you said makes a lot of sense as 1 day receivers is definitely a hit or miss proposition. It will be interesting to see who makes it on to the FA market and if there will be anyone that can come in here and help............... immediately!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 29, 2008, 05:41:18 PM

Exactly Bucbeast. Look what veteran WRs did for the Patriots offense. They sucked last year with their WR options and so they went out and got some talent.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 29, 2008, 07:30:27 PM

if youre a gator fan than you should know how much your defense sucked and that doing that against your 'best corner and safety' isnt exactly a ringing bell of endorsement.

just say NO to michigan receivers.

michigan and florida receivers SUCK.

i keep hearing this about Michigan.  I want it defined.  I'm not a michigan fan but i feel the need to clarify this because its repeated so often.  Why do Michigan receivers suck?  because of Terrell and Walker?  Its not like Michigan is Texas Tech or Hawaii with some gimmick offense that churns out multiple 1,000 yard receivers each year.  What about Anthony Carter, Derrick Alexander, Amani Toomer, Braylon Edwards, Steve Breaston and Jason Avant? 

Bucs Bowl

Starter

#29 : January 29, 2008, 08:38:38 PM

Here are the Mich Receivers taken since 1990 to the NFL
Desmond Howard -- Great Punt/Kick returner sucked as a receiver
Derrick Alexander -- AVG at best
Armani Toomer -- Avg (good year this year but overall avg)
Mercury Hayes -- Crap
Tai Streets -- Crap
David Terrel -- Below Avg
Marquis Walker -- Crap and wuss
Braylon Edwards -- So far the best Mich receiver (even over AC)
Jason Avant -- Avg (hasn't had time to prove his stock)
Steve Breaston -- more of a KR/PR but needs time to prove himself too.

The rap on alot of these guys is they were great in college and never lived up to the hype.  RPC your right Mich is more a running school than passing but alot of exposure in the Big 10 makes avg receivers look more appealing.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Manningham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools