Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Manningham « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#30 : January 29, 2008, 10:49:55 PM

ONE good year. He blew the first 2 years.

this guy has Marquise Walker written ALL over him.

against florida he had 5 receptinos for 78 yards and a TD.

HOW IS THAT DOMINATING?

If that's your criteria than you got some learnin to do.

It would be one heck of a day for a Bucs receiver!

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#31 : January 29, 2008, 10:54:23 PM

if youre a gator fan than you should know how much your defense sucked and that doing that against your 'best corner and safety' isnt exactly a ringing bell of endorsement.

just say NO to michigan receivers.

michigan and florida receivers SUCK.

i keep hearing this about Michigan.  I want it defined.  I'm not a michigan fan but i feel the need to clarify this because its repeated so often.  Why do Michigan receivers suck?  because of Terrell and Walker?  Its not like Michigan is Texas Tech or Hawaii with some gimmick offense that churns out multiple 1,000 yard receivers each year.  What about Anthony Carter, Derrick Alexander, Amani Toomer, Braylon Edwards, Steve Breaston and Jason Avant? 

I agree with you 100%. The same things were said about Braylon when he came out...yes, right here on these boards! All of that school stuff is for the birds, it's about the individual player. Heck since we are comparing, you might as well say that Michigan QBs are busts...oh, I forgot...there's still Brady!!!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 29, 2008, 10:56:56 PM

hahaha... true but the bucs dont play defenses as bad as the gators was.

i have no doubt we wont draft manningham and in a year or 2 you all will be talking about how happy you are we didnt

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 29, 2008, 10:59:18 PM

i keep hearing this about Michigan.  I want it defined.  I'm not a michigan fan but i feel the need to clarify this because its repeated so often.  Why do Michigan receivers suck?  because of Terrell and Walker?  Its not like Michigan is Texas Tech or Hawaii with some gimmick offense that churns out multiple 1,000 yard receivers each year.  What about Anthony Carter, Derrick Alexander, Amani Toomer, Braylon Edwards, Steve Breaston and Jason Avant? 
As has been kind of explained, Michigan ALWAYS has a dominant offensive line and at least a decent running back so defenses have to key on stopping the run first. They also recruit quarterbacks nationally so always have at least a pretty good passer, especially by Big 10 standards.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#34 : January 29, 2008, 11:04:24 PM

I don't know much about him but isn't there another WR on the team thats pretty good also?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 29, 2008, 11:07:32 PM

I don't know much about him but isn't there another WR on the team thats pretty good also?
Adrian Arrington

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#36 : January 29, 2008, 11:16:33 PM

that would be him. What's his deal?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#37 : January 30, 2008, 01:08:08 AM

ONE good year. He blew the first 2 years.

LOL. Do you even attempt to research a player before making assinine statements? He blew for the first two years? Thats hilarious considering his first year he was a freshman so he didn't have a great year, hi sophmore year he had 703 yards and 9tds while not playing 4 games and playing another hurt, but he sucked that year too...........

Thats what I'm thinking. Manningham was #1 in the Big Ten in yards per game, #2 in receiving TDs, and #2 in YPC while missing games as a sophomore. Thats not a good year?

#38 : January 30, 2008, 04:19:39 AM

Been pimping Manningham for awhile, Im not alone though he has been a big name for 3 years

#39 : January 31, 2008, 07:31:02 AM

Manningham drew double teams...the reason why Florida couldnt contain Hart was that Manningham was such a threat.

There weren't a whole lot of double-teams.

And Arrington was matched one on one with Rickerson and sometimes over the top with Joiner.

So they were double-teaming both recievers?

Does TO always have bigger days than the other two recievrs on the field? How about when Key was here...was he always #1?

Nobody is arguing with you if Manningham was Michigan's number one receiver. We had problems with you saying he "dominated" when he clearly didn't. Like he said, he was the fourth best offensive player for Michigan in that game...hardly dominating.

The Gator defense had to devote so much to Manningham that game because when they didnt he burned them..he opened up the running game and freed up coverage on the 2nd and 3rd options

Ask Brandon Spikes if he is worth a late first round pick...He would tell you Manningham was absolutly a freak of nature that game

I don't agree with your assessment of how that happened, but you are entitled to your opinion.

You obviously are high on Manningham and that is great. Some would agree, most disagree.

What I am saying Biggs is that Mario was coverd by the two most promising corner/safetys that we have in Haden and Wright

Arrington was covered by a guy that was consistantly getting burned all season in Rickerson...then I am sure when he started to need help over the top with Arrington he was assisted by Tony Joiner.

No they were not both double teamed but Joiner was needd in some occasions when Rickerson was not able to contain Arrington on streak routes

Not saying Arrington isn just as good as Manningham but if you see the splash plays made that game it was Manningham that was the star of that show.

and Spikes was reffering to the end around and the fact that his defense was getting schooled by Mario when he said GD you're good....GD

#40 : January 31, 2008, 02:41:03 PM

check out some of his other highlight videos, those show more of his big play catches. I didnt realize he touched the ball 30 times in the UF game, that wa sa long highlight! 4 minutes?! Whoa!

PoorRichard

Starter

#41 : January 31, 2008, 12:13:20 PM

I said many times that I was a person a while back that was skeptical of Mario Manningham and considerd him as another "Michigan Reciever" over hyped and slow

However it wasnt till the Gator game (me being a Gator fan it was painfull to watch) that I started to appreciate what this kid brings to the table.

For those of you who didnt watch the game or would like to refresh your memory on how much he dominated the Gator's defense I found the clips of Manningham during that game (he did this verses our best corner and safety all game Haden and Major Wright)

I wouldn't put too much stock into any receivers performance against the woeful Gator secondary. We know Manningham can fly down the sideline but can he make the tough catch in traffic??

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 31, 2008, 12:15:31 PM

What I am saying Biggs is that Mario was coverd by the two most promising corner/safetys that we have in Haden and Wright

Arrington was covered by a guy that was consistantly getting burned all season in Rickerson...then I am sure when he started to need help over the top with Arrington he was assisted by Tony Joiner.

No they were not both double teamed but Joiner was needd in some occasions when Rickerson was not able to contain Arrington on streak routes

Not saying Arrington isn just as good as Manningham but if you see the splash plays made that game it was Manningham that was the star of that show.

and Spikes was reffering to the end around and the fact that his defense was getting schooled by Mario when he said GD you're good....GD

You are changing your tune a little now, my friend.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mario Manningham « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools