Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons and a QB/RB in the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: January 29, 2008, 12:09:44 PM

found this a little interesting, this is from draftheadquarters.com

With Atlanta hiring a defensive minded coach in Mike Smith, don’t be surprised if they look at taking Sedrick Ellis with their 1st Round pick. They are going to take the best player available and would also love to land Darren McFadden. They want to get a quarterback through free agency or through a trade as no one in the front office has the patience to wait for a rookie develop. Don’t be surprised if they try to trade DeAngelo Hall for one of the Browns quarterbacks. The Falcons aren’t sure yet whether or not they want to trade Hall, but if they do, that’s what they’ll be aiming for in return.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : January 29, 2008, 12:12:31 PM

Thought the team had salary cap problems. One issue that was talked about once was recovering millions from Mike Vick - in order to get back the cap space.   If they have the money, sounds like free agency for QB and trade Hall for draft choices would work. Maybe time to unload Warrick to save $$$$$, also.  Leftwich is on the roster, too, so you they may have a decent, viable QB already once he's healthy.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 29, 2008, 12:16:30 PM

Send hall here, we'll send them Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. maybe even a 5th rounder as well. Hall would fit perfect in this defense and the leaders on this team wouldn't let him get out of line.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 29, 2008, 12:18:20 PM

The new GM (Dimitroff sp?) more than likely may decide to blow up the roster.  Expect a lot of trades/cut to occur to generate cap space and stockpile draftpicks.  Dimitroff could attempt to add talent to the roster and not touch it.  But it seems unlikely as he probably was hired to overhaul the entire team I would assume.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 29, 2008, 01:14:12 PM

Given their cap situation (they only get relief from Vick if they get a check from him BEFORE Feb. 28)  they will have to make some roster changes and let a few names go.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2008, 01:16:47 PM

Maybe the Bucs can sign Ovie Mughelli to a vet min contract when they cut him? As depth to BJ Askew? :D

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2008, 01:18:00 PM

I would not be shocked at all to see a Hall / Anderson trade.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 29, 2008, 02:51:14 PM

Hall is a good player but I don't want him in Tampa.  Not even for Simms.  the guy is dirty on the field and off.  I can get past character issues but what he does on the field, vs the Bucs, ruins him in my book.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 29, 2008, 02:58:49 PM

Hall is a good player but I don't want him in Tampa.  Not even for Simms.  the guy is dirty on the field and off.  I can get past character issues but what he does on the field, vs the Bucs, ruins him in my book.

i would take that trade in a heartbeat, as long as the team was on board.  a high potential guy for deadwood?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 29, 2008, 03:16:19 PM

Hall is a good player but I don't want him in Tampa. Not even for Simms. the guy is dirty on the field and off. I can get past character issues but what he does on the field, vs the Bucs, ruins him in my book.

It still amazes me that some people want out entire team to be saints. A bunch of sissies. In the old days of football you didn't hear guys whining and complaining about how dirty a guy was on the field. They got even, usually on the next play. Today's players are getting softer and softer it seems, along with society in general. This team needs more attitude. We can never get enough attitude on the field. Hall would be great for that.

Everybody talked down on Terrell Owens saying he's not a team player and blah blah blah. Well if I were him, I'd have been voicing my opinion as well. You didn't hear a peep out of that guy when Steve Young was throwing him the football. Now he's got Romo and things are great for him and the Cowboys. Maybe this team could be what D hall needs. A wake up call. The reward is much greater than the risk in this case if you ask me.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 29, 2008, 03:23:33 PM

Hall is a good player but I don't want him in Tampa. Not even for Simms. the guy is dirty on the field and off. I can get past character issues but what he does on the field, vs the Bucs, ruins him in my book.

It still amazes me that some people want out entire team to be saints. A bunch of sissies. In the old days of football you didn't hear guys whining and complaining about how dirty a guy was on the field. They got even, usually on the next play. Today's players are getting softer and softer it seems, along with society in general. This team needs more attitude. We can never get enough attitude on the field. Hall would be great for that.

Everybody talked down on Terrell Owens saying he's not a team player and blah blah blah. Well if I were him, I'd have been voicing my opinion as well. You didn't hear a peep out of that guy when Steve Young was throwing him the football. Now he's got Romo and things are great for him and the Cowboys. Maybe this team could be what D hall needs. A wake up call. The reward is much greater than the risk in this case if you ask me.

Wow you got all that out of me thinking he is a dirty player?  There is a difference between attitude and hitting people late, poking them in they eyes, stomping on peoples legs etc..  I want guys tha get in your face but not guys that risk careers.  When have you ever heard anything good about this guy?  I remember hearing about him starting fights at practice and things like that with his own team.  The guy thinks his crap dont stink.  That is a lot different then playinig physical.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 29, 2008, 03:47:48 PM

You have to stop and look at what him and his team have gone through the past 2 years. Their Head coach makes a statement that if this job opens up hes taking it, Mora Jr. gets axed shortly after. Then they bring in Coach Petrino who basically managed to run them into the ground in less than a year. His starting QB gets convicted of animal cruelty charges. Gets suspended out for the season. His good friend Sean Taylor was murdered. Don't you think that he'd not be a little pissed of? Nobody wants to coach him and his football team, his buddy gets killed. Doesn't have a QB worth a damn. That's a lot to take on as a person. You can't tell me that's not a hard pill to swallow.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 29, 2008, 03:57:28 PM

Maybe this team could be what D hall needs. A wake up call. The reward is much greater than the risk in this case if you ask me.

Attitude is fine...bad character is not...Champions don't have bad character...Talented players that never quite live up to their potential do...

Everybody talked down on Terrell Owens saying he's not a team player and blah blah blah. Well if I were him, I'd have been voicing my opinion as well. You didn't hear a peep out of that guy when Steve Young was throwing him the football. Now he's got Romo and things are great for him and the Cowboys.

I don't try to rail on T.O. like others do, but you skipped the majority of his playing career there...If you're implying that Garcia and McNabb are not high-quality QBs like Young and Romo are, then that is not correct...

watson

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 29, 2008, 04:13:57 PM

The one thing to remember in regards to the Falcons is their new OC was the HC when the Bills drafted Losman.  I would not be surprised to see them acquire him....he would be much cheaper than Anderson.....and then draft an RB in round 1.  Getting McFadden or Felix Jones would give them the runner they currently do not possess.  Also look for them to make a play for Faneca.  By getting Losman, Mularkey will have his QB in place that already knows his offense.  And by getting Faneca, he will have another piece of the puzzle that is familiary with his offense since he was the OC for the Steelers before he went to Buffalo.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 29, 2008, 04:46:56 PM

Norwood, is the same type of back, fast, good hands. so by your theory if the Falcons do trade for Losman, then I would expect them to draft Ellis in the first and look for a bigger back to complement Dunn and Norwood in the later rounds

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons and a QB/RB in the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools