Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons and a QB/RB in the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 29, 2008, 07:16:52 PM

Norwood, is the same type of back, fast, good hands. so by your theory if the Falcons do trade for Losman, then I would expect them to draft Ellis in the first and look for a bigger back to complement Dunn and Norwood in the later rounds
that is also a possibility but Norwood has not shown he can stay healthy and be an every down back......but your theory is also very plausible.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 29, 2008, 08:01:18 PM

is it that norwood cant stay healthy, or the team still backs dunn?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#17 : January 29, 2008, 09:40:33 PM

I think they will completely overhaul this team.  The only guy left when their done may be Brooking.  Abraham will probably stay as well, but if the right deal came along, they might just take it.  This is a team that is going to start rebuilding from the ground on up.  IMO, Dunn is gone, and they will either draft a defensive player like Ellis and take a bigger runningback later, or draft a RB, like McFadden, and trade some players for more picks.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 30, 2008, 09:18:02 AM

I hope the Falcons cut Dunn and he ends up back here. I think he still has the talent to be a Charlie Garner type in this offense. If Pitt leaves I think he'd be the ultimate weapon on 3rd downs.

Mellow

Starter

#19 : January 30, 2008, 09:49:01 AM

I don't know, does winning trump everything else?  Do you feel good about your team if they win with a squad full of a-holes?

I suppose I'm in the minority, but I don't think so.  Of course as a fan I want to see my team win, but it certainly tarnishes it if they do it with guys who are criminals, thugs, or just butts.  MeAngelo Hall, IMO, is a selfish a-hole and I'd find it hard to swallow if he became a Buc.

Buc31

Starter

#20 : January 30, 2008, 12:10:48 PM

Hall is a good player but I don't want him in Tampa. Not even for Simms. the guy is dirty on the field and off. I can get past character issues but what he does on the field, vs the Bucs, ruins him in my book.

Whenever there is a pile, all players do that!
It still amazes me that some people want out entire team to be saints. A bunch of sissies. In the old days of football you didn't hear guys whining and complaining about how dirty a guy was on the field. They got even, usually on the next play. Today's players are getting softer and softer it seems, along with society in general. This team needs more attitude. We can never get enough attitude on the field. Hall would be great for that.

Everybody talked down on Terrell Owens saying he's not a team player and blah blah blah. Well if I were him, I'd have been voicing my opinion as well. You didn't hear a peep out of that guy when Steve Young was throwing him the football. Now he's got Romo and things are great for him and the Cowboys. Maybe this team could be what D hall needs. A wake up call. The reward is much greater than the risk in this case if you ask me.

Wow you got all that out of me thinking he is a dirty player?  There is a difference between attitude and hitting people late, poking them in they eyes, stomping on peoples legs etc..  I want guys tha get in your face but not guys that risk careers.  When have you ever heard anything good about this guy?  I remember hearing about him starting fights at practice and things like that with his own team.  The guy thinks his crap dont stink.  That is a lot different then playinig physical.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 30, 2008, 12:16:16 PM

Yes, Mellow, winning trumps EVERYTHING!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons and a QB/RB in the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools