Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stepping towards the back of the Bus « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: January 29, 2008, 01:15:43 PM

I’m not going to lie, I was on the fire Gruden bandwagon, in fact I was riding some where on that Bus. But now with the contract extension, Gruden will be around for another three seasons, I thought to myself am I going to sit here and **CENSORED** and moan because the Glazers decided to retain him? The answer is no. I’m not wiping Gruden's slate clean but I will give him another chance. I’m heading into this off-season with hopes that after the last four seasons that GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jon Gruden can get this roller coaster heading on an upward movement

* Cut the loyalty crap, play the player who is best for that position. (Yes that means benching Carnell Williams if he should return to the field in 2008)

* Work on the execution, cut out some of the shifts and movements.

* Be a better in game changer, when it comes to making the necessary half time adjustments.

* Work on game planning.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 29, 2008, 01:17:54 PM

Thank you. 

Thank you for giving Gruden another chance.  Knowing he would have been heart broken otherwise it is mighty kind of you.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 29, 2008, 01:18:38 PM

I’m not going to lie, I was on the fire Gruden bandwagon, in fact I was riding some where on that Bus. But now with the contract extension, Gruden will be around for another three seasons, I thought to myself am I going to sit here and dog and moan because the Glazers decided to retain him? The answer is no. I’m not wiping Gruden's slate clean but I will give him another chance. I’m heading into this off-season with hopes that after the last four seasons that GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jon Gruden can get this roller coaster heading on an upward movement

* Cut the loyalty crap, play the player who is best for that position. (Yes that means benching Carnell Williams if he should return to the field in 2008)

* Be a better in game changer, when it comes to making the necessary half time adjustments.

* Work on game planning.

Fair expectations....I would agree with you with everything except the game-planning.  I think they almost spend too much time game-planning.  I would rather have an offense where we dictate what the defense does...not the other way around.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 29, 2008, 01:19:04 PM

Cut the loyalty crap

Dungy, Cowher, and Gruden say no to that.

Loyalty is a sword that is double edged that they are willing to wield.

#4 : January 29, 2008, 02:46:57 PM

* Work on game planning.

* Stop the 2 yd outs to the TE

* and for God's sake, stop wasting timeouts!!!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 29, 2008, 02:50:56 PM

* Better discipline on and off the field. Fewer stupid turnovers and DUI's.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 29, 2008, 03:05:28 PM

I’m not going to lie, I was on the fire Gruden bandwagon, in fact I was riding some where on that Bus. But now with the contract extension, Gruden will be around for another three seasons, I thought to myself am I going to sit here and dog and moan because the Glazers decided to retain him? The answer is no. I’m not wiping Gruden's slate clean but I will give him another chance. I’m heading into this off-season with hopes that after the last four seasons that GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jon Gruden can get this roller coaster heading on an upward movement

* Work on game planning.

Great Post.  I agree 100%. 

I will admit that I am not looking forward to the next 4 years of Gruden/Allen, but my options are to not watch the Bucs, or have faith in a man I don't believe in. 

Since not watching the Bucs is in fact not an option at all, I am a very reluctant Grudenista.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 29, 2008, 03:27:32 PM

Streamline some of the language. 

Does he really need "z42 jumbo rocket x 37 tampa right y90214 four score and twenty years back blinker left dozer t 46 twist vanilla fudge alpha 617 charlie echo boogie woogie" for a run up the middle?

I am tired of seeing the ball snapped between :02 and :01 on the clock.

bucs8ball

Starter

#8 : January 29, 2008, 04:03:36 PM

that means benching Carnell Williams if he should return to the field in 2008

Isn't that redundant?

simmstheanswer

Starter

#9 : January 29, 2008, 04:08:13 PM

Does he really need "z42 jumbo rocket x 37 tampa right y90214 four score and twenty years back blinker left dozer t 46 twist vanilla fudge alpha 617 charlie echo boogie woogie" for a run up the middle?

can't really blame that on the coach. lots of coaches use lots of verbiage in naming their calls. every single word in there is important. instead, how about putting the blame on the qb where it belongs. he needs to get the team huddled up and to the line quicker, he's the on the field leader, and that's all his responsibility. 

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 29, 2008, 04:11:48 PM

can't really blame that on the coach. lots of coaches use lots of verbiage in naming their calls. every single word in there is important. instead, how about putting the blame on the qb where it belongs. he needs to get the team huddled up and to the line quicker, he's the on the field leader, and that's all his responsibility.

"it's like trying to learn chinese"-Michael Bennett

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 29, 2008, 04:14:50 PM

oh please. 

simmstheanswer

Starter

#12 : January 29, 2008, 04:42:40 PM

"it's like trying to learn chinese"-Michael Bennett

quoting one idiot doesn't make you right. millions of people have learned how to speak chinese, maybe he needs to just study a little more.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#13 : January 29, 2008, 04:43:35 PM

oh please. 

please what? you want to blame a coach for having long play names? give me a friggin break dude, that should be the ABSOLUTE LEAST of your worries.

the only person who should have issues with this style of play naming is the qb of this team, and so far i haven't heard any complaints.

#14 : January 29, 2008, 06:26:37 PM

the qb can't hurry the players to the line when the play is late getting to the qb.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stepping towards the back of the Bus « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools