Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stepping towards the back of the Bus « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 30, 2008, 12:46:23 PM

Game planning?  How about some players?  It is amazing to me that you guys actually think you know what goes into gameplanning and that you can actually tell which coach prepares better than the other...You can game plan all you want but when your top threat is a 36-year old receiver than it is not hard to stop your offense.

Think about it...We have only one big threat on offense but we still managed to control time of possession in nearly every game (including our losses)...  You need talent to score...The game planning this year was based on what we had on the field.

does NY have more playmakers than us?  i dont think so, but i do think they use what they have better.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 30, 2008, 01:20:13 PM

does NY have more playmakers than us?  i dont think so, but i do think they use what they have better.

They do on defense...

clintro

Pro Bowler
#32 : January 30, 2008, 01:32:48 PM

On offense too... they have 2 recievers and a starting running back.  A good QB (well he is playing good right now) that has been in the system for a while now...I would also guess that the line is better than ours right now as well.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 30, 2008, 02:30:38 PM

Th
I’m not going to lie, I was on the fire Gruden bandwagon, in fact I was riding some where on that Bus. But now with the contract extension, Gruden will be around for another three seasons, I thought to myself am I going to sit here and dog and moan because the Glazers decided to retain him? The answer is no. I’m not wiping Gruden's slate clean but I will give him another chance. I’m heading into this off-season with hopes that after the last four seasons that GM Bruce Allen and Head Coach Jon Gruden can get this roller coaster heading on an upward movement

* Cut the loyalty crap, play the player who is best for that position. (Yes that means benching Carnell Williams if he should return to the field in 2008)

* Work on the execution, cut out some of the shifts and movements.

* Be a better in game changer, when it comes to making the necessary half time adjustments.

* Work on game planning.

Well, the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem... ;D

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#34 : January 30, 2008, 02:48:12 PM

#3 is the biggest one. The two teams that are the best at that are about to play in the Super Bowl. Look at what the Giants did when Graham was running hard early on, they saw what was wrong, fixed it, and won the game. If we could do things like that, we would have won 2-4 more games this past season.

Not saying it was always the case, but in your example of the Giants they made a defensive adjustment. That'd be Kiffin's responsibility, not Gruden's. Personally, I think Gruden's problem is the opposite, he gets to be too quick to change a gameplan when something doesn't work for a play or two.
So the Bucs ran 22 plays in the 1st quarter, 12 in the 2nd quarter, and 6 in the 3rd quarter, but Gruden didn't need to make any adjustments?

Amen. 

And if that example wasn't good enough, I'll give you another one.  In the New England game when SD's defense was doing a good job, and the weather wasn't what the Pats wanted it to be, and Brady had a bad game, they adjusted and ran the ball.  While I admit that Gruden has the tendency to give up on certain gameplans rather quickly, he makes some poor adjustments at times, and won't adjust from those adjustments at other times.  If Gruden could make better in-game adjustments, we would be a much better football team than we are, and we probably would have won more games last season.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stepping towards the back of the Bus « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools