Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~ JOEY GALLOWAY HAD SHOULDER SURGERY TODAY ~ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#15 : January 31, 2008, 06:43:28 AM

Nothing a little tape job couldn't take care of.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 31, 2008, 08:20:58 AM

cmon, the dude was hurt. Give him a break.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 31, 2008, 09:15:18 AM

i think the real question was already asked.  if the guy was injured, why did we force so many passes his way and have him run a reverse?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#18 : January 31, 2008, 09:18:52 AM

Did Joey leave the surgery with 3 mins left? 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 31, 2008, 09:28:57 AM

Did Joey leave the surgery with 3 mins left?

ROFLMAO

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#20 : January 31, 2008, 09:56:31 AM

i think the real question was already asked. if the guy was injured, why did we force so many passes his way and have him run a reverse?

It was obvious to me that Joey didn't want to play in the game and wanted to come out.  [banghead]  I'm sure he told Jon he really couldn't play in that game and wanted to wear his street clothes or wanted to run out as a decoy.  [banghead]  Yeah...right.   That obviously is what some haters wanted him to do. 

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 31, 2008, 10:13:44 AM

i think the real question was already asked. if the guy was injured, why did we force so many passes his way and have him run a reverse?

Stupid, silly question the first time it was asked. Then you picked it up. It was stupid and silly again. He had a catch for 9 yards. He was a decoy most of the day and they tried to get the ball to one of our few playmakers - and you want to know why the Bucs were doing this?

'Garcia clearly wanted to find speedster Joey Galloway downfield, throwing deep to him at least four times, but Galloway finished the game with just one catch for nine yards. Galloway struggled with an ongoing shoulder injury that he aggravated early in Sunday's contest and, said Gruden, was not himself for most of the day."

Garcia threw 23 completions - he threw to Galloway 4 times. 1 was caught for 9 yards. That means the other 3 times were just absolutely ridiculous? Are you nuts?

Do you think perhaps Galloway didn't know the severity of the problem and was trying to help the team, or should he have left immediately - instead of waiting until 3 monutes to go?

Like I said - stupid and silly post - not just you all you guys critical of Galloway. I thought his play all year was pretty gutsy - I think his 1,014 yards of offense went a long way to ensure a winning season.

I'm pretty sure if the Bucs bring Galloway some help this offseason - Joey won't be keyed on as the only known WR playmaker all year.

The Giants defense made a healthy TO look average - and Dallas had other options.

Stupid and silly to infer that Galloway is not a warrior.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BP1

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 31, 2008, 10:22:24 AM

It was PEOPLE.

Joey is a wuss. He should just stretch out his shoulder and deal with it.

Yeah. Ok.

There really isn't a response that can be made to this without a TOS violation.

Rub a little Ben Gay on the shoulder and suck it up, Joey.

Hey Ryan, you might want to take a class on recognizing sarcasm.

joe, u might want to use one of the smilely faces next time. lol :P

clintro

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 31, 2008, 10:24:20 AM

It was obvious to me that Joey didn't want to play in the game and wanted to come out.  [banghead]  I'm sure he told Jon he really couldn't play in that game and wanted to wear his street clothes or wanted to run out as a decoy.  [banghead]  Yeah...right.   That obviously is what some haters wanted him to do. 

I don't think it was obvious that he didn't want to play unless you where on the sideline I don't know how you can say that.  I think he understands from his many years in the NFL that it is rare chance to play in the playoffs.  He tried his hardest to help the team and win that game.  Unfortunately it was not enough and he even got mad when Gruden pulled him.  all IMO!!!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 31, 2008, 10:37:36 AM

Stupid, silly question the first time it was asked. Then you picked it up. It was stupid and silly again. He had a catch for 9 yards. He was a decoy most of the day and they tried to get the ball to one of our few playmakers - and you want to know why the Bucs were doing this?

'Garcia clearly wanted to find speedster Joey Galloway downfield, throwing deep to him at least four times, but Galloway finished the game with just one catch for nine yards. Galloway struggled with an ongoing shoulder injury that he aggravated early in Sunday's contest and, said Gruden, was not himself for most of the day."

Garcia threw 23 completions - he threw to Galloway 4 times. 1 was caught for 9 yards. That means the other 3 times were just absolutely ridiculous? Are you nuts?

galloway was thrown to at least 8 times.  either you are healthy enough to go or you arent.  either you are a decoy or not.  its okay to admit we forced the ball to a guy that shouldnt have been out there.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 31, 2008, 10:55:20 AM

And it's OK that he tried to go and fulfill a role for the team - until it was clear the game was lost. When he was pulled from the game and went to the locker room.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 31, 2008, 11:28:01 AM

And it's OK that he tried to go and fulfill a role for the team - until it was clear the game was lost. When he was pulled from the game and went to the locker room.

its great that he tried to play...but i dont justify his performance AFTER the game by talking of how hurt he was.  if he was that hurt, he should have come out of the game.  was he helping or hurting?  i dont understand why he left the field, but thats a whole different point.

you dont throw to a decoy 10 times.  and you dont throw to a guy that shouldnt be out there 10 times.

and what is so stupid and silly about asking the original question?  if, as gruden says, he wasnt himself most (all?) day, why did we keep going to him?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 31, 2008, 11:29:51 AM

He's got two shoulders.   :)

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 31, 2008, 12:12:33 PM

It was PEOPLE.

Joey is a wuss. He should just stretch out his shoulder and deal with it.

Yeah. Ok.

There really isn't a response that can be made to this without a TOS violation.

Rub a little Ben Gay on the shoulder and suck it up, Joey.

Hey Ryan, you might want to take a class on recognizing sarcasm.

Sorry....too much coffee!

;D

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 31, 2008, 12:18:44 PM

galloway was thrown to at least 8 times. either you are healthy enough to go or you arent. either you are a decoy or not. its okay to admit we forced the ball to a guy that shouldnt have been out there.

Galloway was thrown to 8 times and ran the ball once. Two passes went his way in the third quarter.

Can the strategy be questioned? Yes. Can Galloway be questioned? Absolutely not.

Your looking for someone to blame. That's fine.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~ JOEY GALLOWAY HAD SHOULDER SURGERY TODAY ~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools