Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~ JOEY GALLOWAY HAD SHOULDER SURGERY TODAY ~ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

simmstheanswer

Starter

#30 : January 31, 2008, 12:19:20 PM

I can't believe people on this board were actually bashing our best offensive player the last three years and  one of the league leaders (if not the leader) this year in ypc.

umm, i can. it wasn't just this playoff game. he has been loafing the past 3 years. he alligator arms things, won't lay out for a ball, runs unconvincing routes when he's not the primary target, etc...

i like the guy, but he is not a top 10wr in this league.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#31 : January 31, 2008, 12:44:50 PM

Good luck Joey!! would be sweet if u come back faster than ever next year!!

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#32 : January 31, 2008, 01:11:02 PM

i think the real question was already asked. if the guy was injured, why did we force so many passes his way and have him run a reverse?

It was obvious to me that Joey didn't want to play in the game and wanted to come out. [banghead] I'm sure he told Jon he really couldn't play in that game and wanted to wear his street clothes or wanted to run out as a decoy. [banghead] Yeah...right. That obviously is what some haters wanted him to do.

I don't think it was obvious that he didn't want to play unless you where on the sideline I don't know how you can say that. I think he understands from his many years in the NFL that it is rare chance to play in the playoffs. He tried his hardest to help the team and win that game. Unfortunately it was not enough and he even got mad when Gruden pulled him. all IMO!!!

I used the head banging as I couldn't say it in blue.   Joey did the best he could under the circumstances.  Anyone criticizing Joey or Jon under the circumstances is off base.

#33 : January 31, 2008, 01:26:59 PM

I think Galloway's reputation is hyped up some..  he is clearly NOT a Tier I WR, and never was..   his speed made up for his technical skills and size....      all of us touting him as some speed deamon are only perpetuating his hype.   when he's open, he can make a big play.....  but where is he on the 5--20 yards range..  its all or nothing with him....       he has WAY too many 1 or 2 catch games...     and earlier posts about him running lazy routes are accurate...    Id rather have a guy who practices on wednesdays and you should NEVER leave the field early during a game (especially the playoffs) unless they are carting you off the field

clintro

Pro Bowler
#34 : January 31, 2008, 01:30:29 PM

i think the real question was already asked. if the guy was injured, why did we force so many passes his way and have him run a reverse?

It was obvious to me that Joey didn't want to play in the game and wanted to come out. [banghead] I'm sure he told Jon he really couldn't play in that game and wanted to wear his street clothes or wanted to run out as a decoy. [banghead] Yeah...right. That obviously is what some haters wanted him to do.

I don't think it was obvious that he didn't want to play unless you where on the sideline I don't know how you can say that. I think he understands from his many years in the NFL that it is rare chance to play in the playoffs. He tried his hardest to help the team and win that game. Unfortunately it was not enough and he even got mad when Gruden pulled him. all IMO!!!

I used the head banging as I couldn't say it in blue.   Joey did the best he could under the circumstances.  Anyone criticizing Joey or Jon under the circumstances is off base.

Sorry didn't  get the sarcasum .....LOL

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 31, 2008, 01:54:10 PM

It was PEOPLE.

Joey is a wuss. He should just stretch out his shoulder and deal with it.

Yeah. Ok.

There really isn't a response that can be made to this without a TOS violation.

Rub a little Ben Gay on the shoulder and suck it up, Joey.

Hey Ryan, you might want to take a class on recognizing sarcasm.

joe, u might want to use one of the smilely faces next time. lol :P

Nah. My post was so ridiculous I didn't feel the need.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 31, 2008, 02:08:16 PM

I think Galloway's reputation is hyped up some..  he is clearly NOT a Tier I WR, and never was..   his speed made up for his technical skills and size....      all of us touting him as some speed deamon are only perpetuating his hype.   when he's open, he can make a big play.....  but where is he on the 5--20 yards range..  its all or nothing with him....       he has WAY too many 1 or 2 catch games...     and earlier posts about him running lazy routes are accurate...    Id rather have a guy who practices on wednesdays and you should NEVER leave the field early during a game (especially the playoffs) unless they are carting you off the field

I pretty much agree with this. I don't really look at it as a negative against Galloway and think the questioning him because of his injury is pretty stupid considering his surgery but Galloway is a "space" guy. He either needs it underneath where he can catch and run or over the top when he is out front. He will give up on some balls too soon in my opinion. He's not a "traffic" guy.

The problem with the Bucs is that they need the "traffic" guy who'll get a little separation and catch the passes that aren't right on the money. Clayton is forever blanketed. Stovall has looked like a clone of Clayton in that regard. Ike can find the holes but the rest of his game is limited. All of the Bucs receivers have too many limitations for them to be effective against a good team.

When the Bucs had Keenan, Key and JJ they were all guys who could do something positive with the ball even though individually they may not have always had great seasons numbers wise.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#37 : January 31, 2008, 02:12:34 PM

It was PEOPLE.

Joey is a wuss. He should just stretch out his shoulder and deal with it.

Yeah. Ok.

There really isn't a response that can be made to this without a TOS violation.

Rub a little Ben Gay on the shoulder and suck it up, Joey.

Hey Ryan, you might want to take a class on recognizing sarcasm.

joe, u might want to use one of the smilely faces next time. lol :P

Nah. My post was so ridiculous I didn't feel the need.

Come on Joe you know there is nothing so ridiculous on these boards!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 31, 2008, 02:17:16 PM

I can't believe people on this board were actually bashing our best offensive player the last three years and one of the league leaders (if not the leader) this year in ypc.

umm, i can. it wasn't just this playoff game. he has been loafing the past 3 years. he alligator arms things, won't lay out for a ball, runs unconvincing routes when he's not the primary target, etc...

i like the guy, but he is not a top 10wr in this league.

He sure made Simms look good in 2005.   ;)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 31, 2008, 04:08:47 PM

actually due to olafs post I'm renaming you "forgiveme-joeyistherealanswer"

Incomparable sig by Incognito

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 31, 2008, 04:13:56 PM

Have I mentioned how much I love simms lovers?   ;D

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 31, 2008, 04:27:28 PM

Hey Joey,

Heres to a successful recovery!
Looking forward to seeing you back and scoring more TD's next yr.
Hopefully as our Number 2 receiver (thats no offense to ya Joey, but I want a Chad Johnson type player as our Number 1)

simmstheanswer

Starter

#42 : January 31, 2008, 05:03:37 PM

Have I mentioned how much I love simms lovers?   ;D

who doesn't? we are a rare and wonderful, yet extremely endangered  species.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 31, 2008, 05:05:33 PM

rare - as time goes on defintely. wonderful....meh?

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ~ JOEY GALLOWAY HAD SHOULDER SURGERY TODAY ~ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools