Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GIVE GALLOWAY A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Stretchcaddy

Starter

: January 31, 2008, 10:05:47 AM

Everybody's entitled to their opinon. But how can people continue bashing this guy. He has flat out balled for us since he got over that groin injury in his 1st year.
                           Rec    Yards    YPC   Long  TD 
2004 TAM 10      33        416     12.6   36    5   
2005 TAM 16      83        1287   15.5   80    10 
2006 TAM 16      62        1057   17.0   64     7   
2007 TAM 15      57        1014   17.8   69     6 

To me those are good numbers.I would hate to see what our offense will look like without him, even if we had garcia, ooops, we did see that against the Giants. He gives us a big play threat on every down,and the Defense has to account for him. Usually that means doubling up on him. That means everybody else is in man coverage. We need another  vet WR that can take advantage of these situations. Actually i think the Bucs should go after 1 or 2 veteran WR and draft a WR. I know that might be alot since we have galloway, hillard clayton, stovall and paris. But if something happened to galloway , our offense will be stuck in neutral or reverse for the rest of the year. Galloway and Hillard are over 30 , clayton has not returned to his rookie form (although he looked good down the stretch), stovall is unproven and paris has not played in many regualr season games. We need 2 WR's and IMO and they dont have to have "blazing" speed , they just need to know how to run correct routes and catch the ball, and have decent speed. Then we can hope clayton, sto and paris step up too.But i dont want to go into this season having to hope those 3 players  step up this year. Next year the superbowl is in Tampa and i think the Bucs need to make sure they have plenty of WR at garcia disposal.Look at Gruden in Oakland. He had the number 1 offense in the NFL.  And he did it with players such as a "supposedly" over the hill , Rice, Tim Brown, Porter, James Jett, garner and wheatley, and ofcourse gannon. In this type of offense i dont think we need a big time WR. But i must say it would be a nice luxury to have though. And when i said Vet, i mean older than 25 but younger than 30.

I know galloway is not physical , but we have 2 more physical WR that are not producing like galloway...............at the end of the day; He gets the job done!............IMO

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#1 : January 31, 2008, 12:23:31 PM

i didnt know people were bashing him. If they are come on guys the man is almost 40 and hes like the fastest guy in the league. Him, graham, and garcia were the only things goin for this offense last year. Take Galloway out and its not that hard to beat the bucs. When he is on his game its tough to beat the bucs or at least keep it from being a shootout. We def need another reciever tho to take pressure off the old guy, he cant do it all.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 31, 2008, 01:55:48 PM

Joey G should not be bashed at all. His play for the BUCS speaks for itself.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 31, 2008, 02:22:57 PM

i didnt know people were bashing him. If they are come on guys the man is almost 40 and hes like the fastest guy in the league. Him, graham, and garcia were the only things goin for this offense last year. Take Galloway out and its not that hard to beat the bucs.

Sounds like an indictment of the Bucs WR corps over the last three years to me...

When he is on his game its tough to beat the bucs or at least keep it from being a shootout.

Interesting thought..."When he is on his game"...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 31, 2008, 02:25:54 PM

He'll have a monster game and then disappear for the next few...he's done IMO.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 31, 2008, 02:30:35 PM

I'm with ya there, stretch. For him to put up any decent #'s with the OL and QB situation being what it is/was is remarkable in itself.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 01, 2008, 02:17:37 PM

I like Galloway, but the playoff game among other game should show you something.  The guy either goes off or has zero to maybe one catch.  He would make for an excellent 2nd option, but if we added a Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald, Javon Walker, Roy Williams, Randy Moss, and to a lessor extent Dante Stallworth, Jerry Porter, Bernard Berrian, Bryant Johnson; then we'd atleast have another option to go too in case Galloway decides to take a game off.

Having Galloway as our 2nd option would make this team THAT much better.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 01, 2008, 02:52:48 PM

Having Galloway as our 2nd option would make this team THAT much better.

Having anyone as our 2nd option would make this team THAT much better.   :-

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#8 : February 01, 2008, 02:57:42 PM

LEAVE JOEY ALONE!!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 01, 2008, 03:35:15 PM

lloway is not going to be able to stretch a field by his lonesome.

If anything, people should be criticizing Clayton, and Stovall for not being able to make a safety backpedal.  And for Clayton having two catchers mitts for paws.

Galloway is the best offensive threat the Bucs have.  Anyone who criticizes him doesn't watch a Bucs game.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#10 : February 01, 2008, 04:13:29 PM

W/o checking stats i would say that clayton out played Galloway the last weeks of the season.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 01, 2008, 04:28:20 PM

According to NFL.com's depth chart I think I see the WR problem.

W/o checking stats i would say that clayton out played Galloway the last weeks of the season.

So did Pittman and Hilliard.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 01, 2008, 08:12:08 PM

You mean the games that JOey did not play?

Yeah. 

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 01, 2008, 09:04:10 PM

Unbelievable!!

The same Idiots who claimed Galloway was "loafing" (vs. injured) have been PROVEN WRONG AGAIN-- but continue to spin the situation to TRY to make their flawed observations "valid".

You were WRONG.
You're out of the discussion.

Go sit in the proverbial corner while REASONABLE fans discuss this particular situation.

shyne4DaBuccs

Second String

#14 : February 01, 2008, 10:07:25 PM

Right On Badabing ! now this person knows his football .

Bucs Win , Bucs Win
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GIVE GALLOWAY A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools