Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roster Moves 11/27 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: November 27, 2006, 12:16:03 PM

http://buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5528

Signed:
S Donte Nicholson
C Nick Mihlhauser
DT  Darrell Campbell (PS)

IR:
Dan Buenning

Released:
CB Carlos Hendricks (PS)

Surprising that we signed another Center instead of a solid Guard, or promoting Clinkscale.  Looks like we plan to roll with Mahan at Guard the rest of the year.  RIP Grads and Caddy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 27, 2006, 12:17:23 PM

Donte Nicholson welcome back.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 27, 2006, 12:17:49 PM

I am glad Donte Nicholson is back, he was the 2nd ranked SS on last years draft and the first off the board.  this kid can lay a serious lick in the mould of John Lynch.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 27, 2006, 12:20:22 PM

Based on what I've seen on Mihlhauser, I expect he projects to OG rather than OC, but you never know.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 27, 2006, 12:22:02 PM

It is shame the Bucs lost Jackson. 

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 27, 2006, 12:22:59 PM

Too bad we didn't keep Fonoti over Terry. 

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 27, 2006, 12:25:44 PM

Too bad we didn't keep Fonoti over Terry.
Exactly- he has played well for Miami

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 27, 2006, 12:27:22 PM

Based on what I've seen on Mihlhauser, I expect he projects to OG rather than OC, but you never know.

That might be the case.  He's small like Mahan, though.  Pro day results we a bit slow (5.29/5.34 40) and weak (16 lifts).  Sounds like a perfect Muir guy.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 27, 2006, 12:29:35 PM

Fonoti over Terry? HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am not inside the facility so all I can say is what I see in preseason and hear from the PR guys but Terry is better then Mahan.  I believe that starting Mahan over Terry has more to do with preparing Mahan for his move to C and giving him extra game time than it does with his ability to play guard.  Maybe the Bucs feel that putting Mahan at C and benching Wade would cause wade's value to drop.  Or Maybe they don't trust a line with both Terry and Mahan in.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 27, 2006, 12:33:19 PM

That's pretty convoluted thinking.  All I know is Mahan sucks at guard so I assume Terry is worse.  I think Mahan is weaker than Wade too so I don't see him at C either.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 27, 2006, 12:34:20 PM

That's pretty convoluted thinking.  All I know is Mahan sucks at guard so I assume Terry is worse.  I think Mahan is weaker than Wade too so I don't see him at C either.

Terry > Mahan.

It is not even close.

Fonoti and Terry should belong on the roster and either one should be playing over Mahan.  But it looks like the coaching staff has different plans in place.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 27, 2006, 12:38:59 PM

That sucks that we would risk Caddy's health and our QB's health by playing an inferior guard.  Muir should be fired.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 27, 2006, 12:42:34 PM

naples, you should become an insiders member.  there is a lot to this story that nobody ever hears.  Mahan's future is supposed to be at C not G and I am assuming the playing time that he recieves at G is to help him when he does take over for Wade.  Two years back when Mahan played while Wade was hurt he played well at C.  So there may be hope for him yet.  

Personally, I don't see him being a Pro Bowl C but I will hope he can at leat be good.  Terry is a good G and would have been starting there last season if it wasn't for his injury in PS.  By the time Terry was healthy the season had started and Muir doesn't like to make changes.  This year he could have won the job at RG and probably out played Joseph but Joseph got the job going into the preseason because he had more upside and was gaining ground.

In my opinion Terry could start on other teams but he just always seems to get the short stick here in Tampa.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 27, 2006, 12:51:56 PM

muir should be fired period.. he has dont nothing to improve any of our o line players

#14 : November 27, 2006, 01:00:56 PM

Why did we even cut Donte Nicholson? I thought he was a pretty good player.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Roster Moves 11/27 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools