Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway goes under knife! « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 01, 2008, 08:07:45 PM

The St. Pete Times is reporting the Joey Galloway had to have surgery to repair his damaged shoulder

Bucs receiver Joey Galloway underwent successful surgery Wednesday to repair his shoulder injury, according to general manager Bruce Allen.

Galloway was ineffective in the Bucs'  24-14 loss to the New York Giants in the NFC wildcard game, catching just one pass before being forced to leave the game late in the fourth quarter.

Allen, who would not provide details of the injury, said the surgery will not prevent Galloway from participating in the off-season workout program which begins in March.
   ""I know what it is, but I won't give it to you,'' Allen said. ""He should be fine.''

Allen said Galloway believed the injury wouldn't require surgery.

""Joey thought he could work out in the weeks after that game, but he was still having some pain with it,'' Allen said. ""So he got it re-analyzed and thought the best thing to do was to just go (have surgery).''

LINK

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 01, 2008, 08:14:11 PM

Let me put on my cynical glasses just one more time with this situation:

""Joey thought he could work out in the weeks after that game, but he was still having some pain with it hearing some criticism for his performance,'' Allen said. ""So he got it re-analyzed the situation and thought the best thing to do was to just go (have surgery).''

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 01, 2008, 08:15:48 PM

Time for Galloway to move into a supporting role to stay fresh all season.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 01, 2008, 11:15:34 PM

Let me put on my cynical glasses just one more time with this situation:

""Joey thought he could work out in the weeks after that game, but he was still having some pain with it hearing some criticism for his performance,'' Allen said. ""So he got it re-analyzed the situation and thought the best thing to do was to just go (have surgery).''

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I believe your edits are both inaccurate and unfair.  Guess I am sayin' you should've resisted. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JGalloway84

Rookie

#4 : February 03, 2008, 01:11:39 AM

Heres to a speedy recovery! Galloway's the man

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 03, 2008, 02:00:39 AM

Indeed.

#6 : February 03, 2008, 02:06:54 AM

Galloway's the ONLY man!!!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 03, 2008, 10:15:23 AM

Galloway's the ONLY man!!!

Currently...hopefully that will all change in a 2/3 months.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 03, 2008, 04:33:29 PM

Patrik,

It will. But by how much and where is the big question.

Not sure we'll have all the answers even after the draft.

I think 2 however we will not see is P. Warren and C.Williams.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MVP

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 03, 2008, 05:07:48 PM

We need to get Joey some help. He is too good to be getting mugged every time the ball is snapped because we don't have a number two receiver.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Galloway goes under knife! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools