Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Lead Pipe Lock Off-season / Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 03, 2008, 12:39:30 PM

With the biggest need still needing to get pressure the Bucs front office goes after 2 of the top defensive lineman in the free agent market and land DT Corey Williams & DE Terrell Suggs, with the line being addressed the team addresses the offensive side of the football an instead of resigning either one of the RB's named Michael the team decides to get younger and more versatile at the position and sign Mewelde Moore who will be used as a kick return  / punt returner as well as backup runningback. The team goes after production at the TE spot and signs Dallas Clark to help stretch the middle of the field. In a stunning move the team swings a trade with the Bengals for Chad Johnson sending the Bengals this years third round pick & Brian Kelly as Kelly's agent fails to file his opt out paper work on time..

Free agents acquired
DE Terrell Suggs
DT Corey Williams
TE Dallas Clark
RB Mewelde Moore
WR Chad Johnson

The team swings a trade with the Dolphins sending the number 20th pick to the Dolphins in exchange for the Dolphins 2 second rounders picks 33 & 58
Draft

2. Aqib Talib CB Kansas

2. Mario Manningham WR Michigan 

2. Chris Johnson RB E.Carolina

4. Josh Johnson QB San Diego

5. Mike Pollak C Arizona St.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

MVP

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 03, 2008, 12:52:59 PM

Are you serious?

#2 : February 03, 2008, 01:02:23 PM

We'd be in cap hell for a decade

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 03, 2008, 01:04:42 PM

But we would be winners off the off-season and on the field if ego's didnt get in the way

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The Q

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 03, 2008, 01:08:59 PM

So adding three Johnsons would make a trip to the SuperBowl easier! lol

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

The Q

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 03, 2008, 01:10:00 PM

Having three Johnsons has not helped the Bengals to get to the SuperBowl.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Robb22

Starter

#6 : February 03, 2008, 01:13:26 PM

I had a very similar idea with a trade out of the first rnd to pick up 2 2nds.  However my idea was trading with the Falcons and picking up there 2 #2's. there 2 2nds are #33 and #48 (I know trading within the same division isn't a good idea, but no matter what the Falcons do they don't scare me so I'm ok with it.)
I think the Falcons will pick the top Qb with there 1st pick and with the help they need on the O-line, at #20 when USC OT Sam Baker is there they jump at a chance to draft him.

I love the draft you put together adding the 2nd's
but my draft the Bucs still have a 3rd rd pick and with that pick I choose...
DE Jason Jones,  E Michigan

Somewhere on 2nd day of draft...WR Dexter Jackson, App St.... great kick returner and very fast.

however dream offseason would look like this.
CB Asante Samuel...speaks for himself
DE Antwan Odem...young, will come cheaper then Suggs and was pretty productive last few years
RB Warrick Dunn...old but will show drafted Rb Johnson the ropes for a year or 2
DL Shaun Rodgers...aquired in trade with Lions for Simms (Lions will cut him if they can't get something and Simms is better then nothing and fills a need.
TE  LJ Smith...I do like D Clark better but I think he will cost way to much.
WR  Bernard Barrian...I love Chad Johnson, but not for this "O"  he needs more of a down the field passing game, not the 7 yrd routs the Bucs run.

Â   
 Â 

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 03, 2008, 01:19:09 PM

Yucc,
I like the agressive thinking...if half of that came true alright!

You must be accountable for your actions!

JC510

Practice Squad

#8 : February 03, 2008, 01:48:31 PM

CB Nnamdi Asomugha. If not then consider Jackson at CB and Piscitelli at FS.

Try to get DE Suggs or DE Smith for lower than market deal. If not then see what Greg White can do playing full time.

Trade up for DT Sedrick Ellis. This would mean basically trading away the rest of day 1 and maybe even the 4th rounder. But think about the pass rush with Ellis inside and Adams outside.

Wait on the WR. Lee Evans and Roy Williams are UFA after 08. Lee Evans might be tagged, Roy Williams won't. Even if Bills do tag Evans in 09 they might be willing to settle for one 1st rounder instead of two.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 03, 2008, 01:53:34 PM

We'd be in cap hell for a decade

It is only cap hell if they can't produce - this looks more like roster heaven to me... And find a qb to carry you through the next several years to compete with the elite in the tournament - yea I like it - a lot.

That said you aren't getting Clark - Colts have offered him a mint - but even with that l like it a lot.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 03, 2008, 02:05:23 PM

The thing about is if Kelly is traded that frees up cap space as well as the release of Carter and Spires that give the team close to 40 million to play with this year. not to mention the 50 million the Allen has spoken about for next season so if you cant figure out  away to have some of those deals front loaded within the next two season to acquire talent then maybe the owners should be looking for a new capalogists

Oliver Goldsmith

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 03, 2008, 02:07:55 PM

The thing about is if Kelly is traded that frees up cap space as well as the release of Carter and Spires that give the team close to 40 million to play with this year. not to mention the 50 million the Allen has spoken about for next season so if you cant figure out away to have some of those deals front loaded within the next two season to acquire talent then maybe the owners should be looking for a new capalogists

The money is there, the deals can be done, and I hope something like that could be swung - would be nice to look the rest of the league in the eye from a talent level standpoint - tired of wishing we had this guy or that guy so the buccs could compete with the best of the best.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#12 : February 03, 2008, 02:11:54 PM

Suggs has said that he wants to go to Arizona, and attended the Arizona St. basketball game 3 weeks ago.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 03, 2008, 02:13:07 PM

He aint getting back in college... so he will go where the money is dotcha think?

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 03, 2008, 02:13:23 PM

offseason
signees
Mewelde Moore
Corey Williams

Draft
1.Desean Jackson/Mario Manningahm-both are fast, good hands, ok size.
Manningham-slower but better possesion WR and better route runner
Jackson-faster, better breakaway speed, KR/PR skills

2.Dominique Rodgers Cromartie-fast, underrated, tall, small iszed but doesnt miss tackles(senior bowl) good coverage. If it helps cousin is Antonio Cromartie.

3.Joe Flacco-good size 6'6 great arm, accuracy's good. unederrated

4.Jeremy Thompson/Wallace Gilberry-
Thompson- good size 6'5 264 so could put on some weight. pretty good speed but yet to be determined
Wallace Gilberry- same size as Thompson about the same speed but the combine will decide that.
last years stat tackles-80, tackles for loss-27, sacks 10 thats a football player and he went to Alabama and he played against top competition

5.Matt Spanos- stock fell buthere he is a steal and will be a good center for at least ten years

after BPA

cuts-spires, carter and wade and possible nece

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Lead Pipe Lock Off-season / Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools