Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Lead Pipe Lock Off-season / Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JC510

Practice Squad

#15 : February 03, 2008, 02:15:56 PM

Spending the money isn't the problem. The problem is with the players that some of you want to get. Chad Johnson? The guy is a clown. Dallas Clark is an excellent player, but Alex Smith is good and he's only 25. Why sign somebody to a huge contract to replace him? Thats not how you build a team, that's how you ruin one.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 03, 2008, 02:23:00 PM

Kelly and a 3 for 85. 

Really?  You see that as a possible trade?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 03, 2008, 02:30:12 PM

You know that yucc is making this up right guys?  He is flippin' dreaming - and posting before the reality of waking up...  just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 03, 2008, 02:31:06 PM

Anytime you have a chance to add talent and depth while adding competition it is always a good thing, Smith has proven he cant stay healthy and has not taken the net step to be  a big time producer on the field

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JC510

Practice Squad

#19 : February 03, 2008, 02:39:27 PM

Anytime you have a chance to add talent and depth while adding competition it is always a good thing, Smith has proven he cant stay healthy and has not taken the net step to be  a big time producer on the field

A sprained ankle means he can't stay healthy? He's played in 46 of a possible 50 games.

And no, Smith won't be a big time producer. He'll probably max out as a 500 yard, 5 TD guy. Not great but solid. I'll take him as my TE for the next 10 years no problem.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 03, 2008, 02:42:27 PM

I disregard any Johnson trade that does not involve a first round pick. There is no way that the Bengals would demand any less then that as compensation.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 03, 2008, 02:45:27 PM

Well, just because they want a 1st doesnt mean they will get it, I have read reports that they are willing to take a high second rounder for Johnson, so I am sure if you throw a pick and a player that fills a need for them would be equal to a high second rounder.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 03, 2008, 02:51:38 PM

Has he ever close to 500 yards and 5 TD in a season? Add quality players does not ruin a team, if Alex Smith cant rise to the challenge of a player of a high caliber coming in and competing then Smith is not the player the team needs.

Oliver Goldsmith

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 03, 2008, 02:58:15 PM

1.)  Gruden's offense doesnt use the TE enough to justify spending the type of money you would need to land Clark.
2.)  A 3 and Kelly wont be the answer to land 85, unless the question is: "What is the most foolish trade proposal possible to land a premier WR?"

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 03, 2008, 02:58:44 PM

I think Dallas Clark is gone from the Colts. We've all seen how they have signed a few of their players to HUGE money contracts, so that doesn't look good for him. He will go cash in somewhere else.

#25 : February 03, 2008, 03:03:55 PM

I think Dallas Clark is gone from the Colts. We've all seen how they have signed a few of their players to HUGE money contracts, so that doesn't look good for him. He will go cash in somewhere else.

Polian stated on sirius that they made an offer to Clark that would make him the highest paid TE in the league. He rejected that offer due to his desire to test free agency. Polian has notified Clark that he will be franchised if they don't reach a long term agreement.

As for Yuc's predictions, this seem more like Madden than real life. CJ for a an oft-injured player and a 3rd? Wow!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 03, 2008, 03:56:39 PM

Hate,

Like I've said many many times before, the screwer must get an ok from the screwee to make it happen.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 04, 2008, 08:31:48 AM

yucc,I love it...sounds like some of the things I dream up...charge!!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 04, 2008, 12:04:43 PM

Last night I was laying in bed, I asked Jessica Alba what she thought about CJ for kelly and a 3rd and before she could answer the damn alarm woke me up.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 04, 2008, 12:06:39 PM

No one's going to trade for Brian Kelly...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yucc's Lead Pipe Lock Off-season / Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools