Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WGA strike nearing end? « previous next »
Page: 1

matt

Starter

: February 03, 2008, 03:37:32 PM

http://gothamist.com/2008/02/03/end_of_wga_stri.php

Multiple news outlets are reporting that the WGA strike could be over with professional writers back to work as early as next week. Unnamed sources are saying that a tentative deal between the guild and Hollywood studios and producers has been reached. At issue was revenue sharing between writers and producers over content distributed over the Internet. Alternative distribution methods, like downloading and web-streaming, were leaving writers out in the cold and on the short end of the stick.]Multiple news outlets are reporting that the WGA strike could be over with professional writers back to work as early as next week. Unnamed sources are saying that a tentative deal between the guild and Hollywood studios and producers has been reached. At issue was revenue sharing between writers and producers over content distributed over the Internet. Alternative distribution methods, like downloading and web-streaming, were leaving writers out in the cold and on the short end of the stick.

I'm hoping that this gets resolved so that 24 season 7 can start as soon as possible. I know they only have 8 episodes done, so they'd need to kick production into overdrive. Hopefully the season could start by March and they could go two hours every week with some weeks having more.

lambertjr

Rookie

#1 : February 03, 2008, 04:01:28 PM

What is the % of writers that are actually on strike?
I'm still seeing new episodes out there.
I know when the "strike" started that there would probably be 4-7 weeks of new shows left.
My friend watches soaps and she told me that she has seen original shows ever since..................Even after they had stated they only had 2 weeks of shows left.

matt

Starter

#2 : February 03, 2008, 04:57:06 PM

Some shows had enough shows already done. The Simpsons is advertising that they have 10 weeks worth of episodes. Some shows don't. From what I understand, Lost has something like 8 episodes "in the can" so their season will end prematurely unless this is resolved. Thankfully, The Shield has completed this season and will run in its entirety starting on April 1.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WGA strike nearing end? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools