Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another "Soccer players faking injuries" video..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

lambertjr

Rookie

#60 : February 03, 2008, 12:28:04 PM

NBA players fake injuries and go tumbling to the floor in an attempt to make the refs call charging calls,
Actually drawing a charge is considered a good defensive play, and NBA players don't fake injury.

I seem to recall penny hardaway doing that just to get rid of his coach in Orlando. New coach showed up and penny played like there was nothing wrong with him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#61 : February 03, 2008, 02:56:05 PM

Nah I can differentiate between making an athletic maneuver and flailing on the ground like your life is on the verge of ending. Look I understand some of you are probably tough guys/girls who hate that part of soccer, but I think it is you guys not me who are denying the reality of this overpowering mentality of softness that encompasses the game of soccer

I almost never come to the cove.  But something brought me here today.

Comparing American soccer to American football is ludicrous.

Saying Soccer is not growing in America is ludicrous.

Saying Soccer has a girl's mentality is ludicrous.

Get on the field and play ronde - stay with the men's team if you can.

Don't try playing with the English men right off - you would regret it.

And don't talk about things you clearly don't know the first thing about - as is clearly the case here.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another "Soccer players faking injuries" video..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools