Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mercury Morris and those freakin dolphins.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 04, 2008, 03:30:27 PM

80's Niners, 90's Cowboys and these Pat's were all better teams than the 72 Phins, in 72 the best athletes followed the money to Baseball, the 72 Dolphins were a bunch of slow undersized white guys that would not make the practice squad in todays game.
Just my opinion, but if you look at the players physical stat's the 72 Dolphins (size, weight) they would be lucky to compete with most college teams.

That was pre-steroids era stuff.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 04, 2008, 03:47:33 PM

80's Niners, 90's Cowboys and these Pat's were all better teams than the 72 Phins, in 72 the best athletes followed the money to Baseball, the 72 Dolphins were a bunch of slow undersized white guys that would not make the practice squad in todays game.
Just my opinion, but if you look at the players physical stat's the 72 Dolphins (size, weight) they would be lucky to compete with most college teams.

wow, this is a pretty stupid post.

I can't decide if their are racist undertones, or just plain ignorance.

you be the judge.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#32 : February 04, 2008, 05:33:40 PM

wow, this is a pretty stupid post.

I can't decide if their are racist undertones, or just plain ignorance.

you be the judge.

I like to call it what it is THE TRUTH....

1972 Phins O-line

LT - Doug Crusan 6-4, 250 pounds

LG- Bob Kuechenberg 6-2, 248 pounds

C - Jim Langer 6-2, 250 pounds

RG - Larry Little 6-1, 265 pounds

RT - Norm Evans 6-5, 250 pounds

1972 Phins D-line

DE - Vern Den Herder 6-6, 250 pounds

DT - Manny Fernandez 6-2, 250 pounds

DT - Bob Heinz 6-6, 255 pounds

DE - Bill Stanfill 6-5, 250 pounds

The biggest lineman on the team was about as big as Simean Rice, and most of the others were about Barrett Ruuds size....

Yeah its ignorant to think a bunch of 250 pound linemen would have problems with a lot of college teams much less NFL....

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 04, 2008, 05:37:29 PM

i tend to think that o-line would get crushed by just about any d-line today.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 04, 2008, 06:15:21 PM

Not as unbearable as the Patriot sympathizers were!

(You guys made me ill)

I have to agree with Boid here. Being that I am a Florida boy and that was all that we had here in the state at the time I was growing up I say So What! They earned it and should be proud. They even had a Great Coach that shook the hand of all that were there. They are grown men that have attained a place in history that hasn't been broken yet. I would like to drink champagne with them...OBD

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 04, 2008, 06:34:00 PM

Different era, different standards. Pro teams from the '30s would have trouble beating some high school programs today. Johnny Unitas entered the league at 155 lbs. He wouldn't get a look from any team now.

The Dolphins were the best of their era and deserve respect for their accomplishment. No other team has won every game on their schedule, before or since.
It also might be noted that they were Florida's only team and held their first practices at St. Pete Beach. For those of us old enough, they were our team.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 04, 2008, 07:34:17 PM

are gonna be unbearable!!!!

If I could afford it, I'd buy'em the bubbly myself!!!! :D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 04, 2008, 07:49:07 PM

Agreed, I don't want any team, North of Carrolwood, to break that record.  ;)

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 04, 2008, 09:35:08 PM

ummmm, so what, things have changed.

in 1972, the dolphins were the best in the NFL, and no one has done what they did since...

this is a dumb thread.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 04, 2008, 09:45:30 PM

ummmm, so what, things have changed.

in 1972, the dolphins were the best in the NFL, and no one has done what they did since...

this is a dumb thread.

whats dumb is your "is there racial undertones in that statement".

#40 : February 04, 2008, 09:52:32 PM

Why don't you just pour the salt in my wounds yourself.  ;)

this is a dumb thread.

whats dumb is your "is there racial undertones in that statement".

Seems to me the guy has a lot of built up anger issues.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 04, 2008, 10:54:45 PM

ROFLMBAO!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mercury Morris and those freakin dolphins.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools