Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you ready for the latest anti-Gruden theory? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: November 27, 2006, 02:08:54 PM

Heh.

I was speaking just a few minutes ago with a fan who is anti-Gruden and wants him fired. He made the claim that Gruden is using I.R. to save his job. He was pissed about Buenning and says that placing 5 starters on injured reserve, several of them under questionable circumstances, allows Gruden to represent to the Glazers that he was a victim of circumstances this year and they should keep him on for at least another season.

I tried to tell this guy that Gruden's job was and has been safe for 2007, but he was in no mind to listen.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 27, 2006, 02:13:15 PM

That's a bold point to claim that someone's job is safe Mr. Glazer?  And talk about excuses, who on this team is between the ages of 26-31??  Don't 25 & 32 year olds know how to win as well?
NEXT!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 27, 2006, 02:19:07 PM

And talk about excuses, who on this team is between the ages of 26-31??

Well, according to you, there are "many" offensive players drafted under Gruden in the 26-31 prime football age range. That is, if by many you mean "one".

bucmebaby

Starter

#3 : November 27, 2006, 03:32:36 PM

I don't know what the Glazers have in mind, but from my point of view (I own a business now and have run large corporate offices before) the first thing to ask is, what was the plan when they hired him? We know that Parcells turned down the job because his financial adviser told him the Bucs were headed straight into Cap Hell. Not being of the stupid homo sapiens variety, the Glazers must have known that too, and they must have had a long-term plan when they hired him. At the very least, part of that plan would have involved keeping the team afloat as much as possible during the Cap Rehab period. I think Gruden's done pretty good at that, don't you? The next part of the plan would have to be, see how well he does once Cap Hell is escaped. Well, from all reports the Bucs are going to escape Cap Hell this coming season, so we have to wait and see what he does with a potentially upgradeed squad.
Fire him now? No. That would be a grotesquely stupid thing to do.
Unless they have a professional version of Urban Meyer waiting in the wings, which I sincerely doubt. 

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it." Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist

Bucs33

Second String

#4 : November 27, 2006, 03:42:36 PM

If gruden gets canned, he should become RAINBOW MUMMY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTQD9RvJRqs

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 27, 2006, 03:45:46 PM

The Glazers thought they had Parcells nailed down before they fired Dungy.  Before they even consider firing Gruden they will try to have their replacement nailed down and we know they shoot big.  There's no logical replacement out there now and they gave up too much for Gruden to fire him without knowing who will replace him.

DBuc

Second String

#6 : November 27, 2006, 04:04:43 PM

Next Bucsguru?  Why don't you respond to the other thread after I refuted all of your points?  Or are you just like Dalbuc and just jump to other topics saying the same thing?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 27, 2006, 04:05:25 PM

The Glazers thought they had Parcells nailed down before they fired Dungy.  Before they even consider firing Gruden they will try to have their replacement nailed down and we know they shoot big.  There's no logical replacement out there now and they gave up too much for Gruden to fire him without knowing who will replace him.

True but if Cowher is no longer in Pitt  I can see the Glazers giving him a call.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 27, 2006, 04:13:46 PM

Well, having five guys on IR is no excuse, but it certainly explains quite a bit.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 27, 2006, 04:16:52 PM

True but if Cowher is no longer in Pitt  I can see the Glazers giving him a call.

I get the impression Cowher wants to take a serious break from coaching, if not retire from the NFL for good.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 27, 2006, 05:29:02 PM

On the Big Dawg today he proposed a different theory. that Simeon is on IR cause he hates Gruden. I find that hard to believe that sim would have an intentionally awful year that would drop his market value to almost zero just to spite gruden.

#11 : November 27, 2006, 05:34:37 PM

On the Big Dawg today he proposed a different theory. that Simeon is on IR cause he hates Gruden. I find that hard to believe that sim would have an intentionally awful year that would drop his market value to almost zero just to spite gruden.

Duemig is full of spit, as he's fond of saying.

Players don't play poorly because they hate a coach.  Did you hear all of Sim's talk eariler this year?  He is way too egotistical to play poorly on purpose.

Coaches don't go away from what works because of personal issues.

Bullspit.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#12 : November 27, 2006, 06:49:25 PM

Some thing Deumeg says i crazy. I know simeon is hurt. I saw the play when it happend when we played N.O in thier place you can see when deuce broke the big run he kind of dropped to the ground hanging his shoulder in pain. I thought he was done then but to his credit he kept trying to play with one arm due to his should that he now has to have surgery on to fix. I think if Rice didnt like something that Gruden was doing he would speak out. He has never been afrian to speak out in the past, just like he did last year when he said they year we went 5-11 that players has no accountibility. Every since then he has had no problem with Gruden or hasnt said anything publically and nor should he

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 27, 2006, 06:50:54 PM

Coaches don't go away from what works because of personal issues.

You might be meaning personal issues between a coach and a player, but if you aren't; I give you **CENSORED** Vermeil as an example of a coach who left while 'it was working' because of personal issues in his own life.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 27, 2006, 06:52:03 PM

Next Bucsguru?  Why don't you respond to the other thread after I refuted all of your points?  Or are you just like Dalbuc and just jump to other topics saying the same thing?
Are you seriously comparing Dal to Guru?  I disagree with Dal the majority of the time, but he has a brain...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are you ready for the latest anti-Gruden theory? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools