Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CHEATERS, Deserve No Less!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

NovaBuc

Starter

#30 : February 04, 2008, 10:59:11 PM

Hopefully Jon Gruden learned how much MOMENTUM means to a team entering the playoffs and won't sit players the last month of the season.

Just to play devil's advocate.. the losing Patriots also didn't sit players the last month of the season and had 18 games of momentum going for them.. yet they lost when their older defense looked gassed that last drive. Wouldn't that be an argument for resting some players after getting into the playoffs? =)

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 04, 2008, 11:14:27 PM

How could you root for the giants in that game.

Id much rather see a team go 19-0 in my life time.

And the Bucs would have still been the only NFC team to win since reallignment.

But still the blind, disgusting, pat hate spewssss

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 04, 2008, 11:34:59 PM

Hopefully Jon Gruden learned how much MOMENTUM means to a team entering the playoffs and won't sit players the last month of the season.

Just to play devil's advocate.. the losing Patriots also didn't sit players the last month of the season and had 18 games of momentum going for them.. yet they lost when their older defense looked gassed that last drive. Wouldn't that be an argument for resting some players after getting into the playoffs? =)

I believe that bye they received counts as rest.  They didn't lose the game, the New York Football Giants just plain out beat them.  Sunny D, you have got to be kidding bro.  I bet you are a Red Sox fan too.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 04, 2008, 11:36:52 PM

I believe that bye they received counts as rest. They didn't lose the game, the New York Football Giants just plain out beat them. Sunny D, you have got to be kidding bro. I bet you are a Red Sox fan too.

Im not a baseball guy. I cant enjoy it...I just cant.

Still
I saw bonds hit his homeruns that game
I saw Favre (Hatttee him) throw his TD against the vikings
Id like to have seen a team go 19-0 in my lifetime

I dont see how any sportsfan wouldnt want that....

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 04, 2008, 11:40:30 PM

How do yo know another team can't do it? 
The Pats already made history by going 18-0.  No other team has ever done that in one season; not even the Dolphins.
The Giants won eleven straight road games in a row, another NFL record. 
Brady threw for 50 touchdowns.
Moss caught a league record number of touchdowns.
Plenty of records IMO were broken. 
I like the fact that only one team can lay claim to going undefeated in a season; the 1972 Miami Dolphins!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 04, 2008, 11:43:53 PM

How do yo know another team can't do it?
The Pats already made history by going 18-0. No other team has ever done that in one season; not even the Dolphins.
The Giants won eleven straight road games in a row, another NFL record.
Brady threw for 50 touchdowns.
Moss caught a league record number of touchdowns.
Plenty of records IMO were broken.
I like the fact that only one team can lay claim to going undefeated in a season; the 1972 Miami Dolphins!

I dont know that.
If the Cleveland Browns go 18-0 next year Ill root for them to win it all assuming they aren't playing the Bucs.
I just think it's nearly impossible in this day and age and the Pats came the closest to doing it as Ill ever see.

Your letting your Patriot hate blind you

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 04, 2008, 11:49:18 PM

You're right.  It's the hate for those cheaters who were caught by the NFL.  I'm sorry, but I truly can't stand them, and find it so funny in the way that they lost last night that I need to excuse myself before I pee my pants.
SPEW!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 05, 2008, 12:07:21 AM

Dolphins fan too?

So you are a BUCS fan that wanted the GIANTS to win but woulda been happy if the PATRIOTS won and now you like the DOLPHINS.

4 teams and counting...

NovaBuc

Starter

#38 : February 05, 2008, 01:10:03 AM

I believe that bye they received counts as rest.  They didn't lose the game, the New York Football Giants just plain out beat them.  Sunny D, you have got to be kidding bro.  I bet you are a Red Sox fan too.

Older bodies don't recover as well from injuries as younger ones however so not sure the bye week helped the Patriot's defense, especially a linebacker corps that has every starter over the age of 30 (and one older than Galloway with Seau). The Patriots didn't rest their players after clinching a berth in the playoffs and were riding a wave of momentum (and history) for 18 games, it didn't serve them well in the game yesterday against a team they beat to end the season in memorable fashion. In football, momentum changes in an instant and often several times during a game so I am not so certain the 'momentum' of playing those games really matters all that much. It's a lose-lose proposition for 11 of the 12 teams that make the playoffs when they make decisions to rest players or not, everyone's going to second guess those choices and say they should have done the opposite. Folks say it about the Colts every year when they do it and end up losing in the playoffs.  Going into this year's playoffs, it's hard to say any team had greater momentum than the Redskins and look where it got them.

Can disagree with Gruden's decision, but please don't use the Giants as an example of why it's wrong as the other example we have this year of not resting players lost the Superbowl. For the record, I didn't agree with the decision because the West Coast offense takes timing and rhythm, something you only get through repetition and playing time unless your name is Joe Montana and you are throwing to Jerry Rice.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 05, 2008, 01:15:14 AM

I believe that bye they received counts as rest. They didn't lose the game, the New York Football Giants just plain out beat them. Sunny D, you have got to be kidding bro. I bet you are a Red Sox fan too.

Older bodies don't recover as well from injuries as younger ones however so not sure the bye week helped the Patriot's defense, especially a linebacker corps that has every starter over the age of 30 (and one older than Galloway with Seau). The Patriots didn't rest their players after clinching a berth in the playoffs and were riding a wave of momentum (and history) for 18 games, it didn't serve them well in the game yesterday against a team they beat to end the season in memorable fashion. In football, momentum changes in an instant and often several times during a game so I am not so certain the 'momentum' of playing those games really matters all that much. It's a lose-lose proposition for 11 of the 12 teams that make the playoffs when they make decisions to rest players or not, everyone's going to second guess those choices and say they should have done the opposite. Folks say it about the Colts every year when they do it and end up losing in the playoffs. Going into this year's playoffs, it's hard to say any team had greater momentum than the Redskins and look where it got them.

Can disagree with Gruden's decision, but please don't use the Giants as an example of why it's wrong as the other example we have this year of not resting players lost the Superbowl. For the record, I didn't agree with the decision because the West Coast offense takes timing and rhythm, something you only get through repetition and playing time unless your name is Joe Montana and you are throwing to Jerry Rice.

Good popints Nova.  To me, it was clear that Garcia was having timing issues.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 11, 2008, 03:55:05 PM

Although I root against the Patriots, I simply am in awe of what they have accomplished. Bill is hands down an excellent student of the game and seems always prepared in every faucet of the game. His history of the game is equally impressive to me as well.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 11, 2008, 04:13:01 PM

do you mean facet...maybe...a faucet drips...speaking about drips...oh never mind ;D
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CHEATERS, Deserve No Less!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools