Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HEY TIKI, HOW DID THAT TASTE!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

: February 04, 2008, 07:27:55 AM

Is this the catalyst that makes him come out of retirement?

jakedakota

Starter

#1 : February 04, 2008, 07:20:59 AM

Another Stupid remark by a EX-TEAMATE bashing the Team and players and coach when he left has blown up in his face.

TIKI BARBER cant understand why the people in NEW YORK dont like him....I wonder where he will be watching the PARADE from on Tuesday

Hey TIKI, What do you think of the Superbowl winning QB Eli Manning now??!!

jakedakota

Starter

#2 : February 04, 2008, 07:57:26 AM

Curt, I dont think so. It really amazes me how a player like Tiki, can ruin his playing career with the remarks he said knowing that they could come back and bite him in his butt.

As goood as a player he was, he will be known more for his remarks about his ex-teamtes and that they went on without him to win the greatest prize in Sports

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 04, 2008, 08:22:55 AM

Time and place, opportunity that presented itself. Your take is revisionist. Eli had to absorb such criticisms and react to them in a certain way before he could do this. The Bucs had too many injuries. Dallas lost its focus. Favre and GB may have been overconfident. NE had the pressure of being undefeated, the distraction of Spygate, while NYG's pass rush was peaking at the right time. Eli was MVP, but let's understand how many elements had to come into play for this to happen. In late November, four teams appeared to have a 90 percent chance (or better) of winning the title: NE, Indy, GB, Dallas. Two of those teams didn't even make the conference title game. The Giants were a few bad quarters away from missing the playoffs entirely and then got hot the same way they did earlier in the season. Tiki's comments were ill-advised, but then Eli got very lucky too.

In Verner We Trust

jakedakota

Starter

#4 : February 04, 2008, 08:30:00 AM

jersey, you make your own luck.. and then again you could say anyone who wins gets lucky...

maybe TIKI is just the most UNLUCKIEST of ALL!! LOL

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 04, 2008, 08:38:12 AM

We were promised a "Tiger Woods" player.  FA looks pretty terrible even before the tags/signings are slapped on, and we don't have a lot to trade for 85. 

Barber really is the only viable candidate to give us an elite offensive player.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 04, 2008, 08:49:09 AM

We were promised a "Tiger Woods" player.  FA looks pretty terrible even before the tags/signings are slapped on, and we don't have a lot to trade for 85. 

Barber really is the only viable candidate to give us an elite offensive player.

i sure hope this isnt serious.  we were promised?  c'mon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 04, 2008, 09:01:12 AM

Another Stupid remark by a EX-TEAMATE bashing the Team and players and coach when he left has blown up in his face.

TIKI BARBER cant understand why the people in NEW YORK dont like him....I wonder where he will be watching the PARADE from on Tuesday

He's paid to give his opinion and gave one, nothing wrong with that. Remember Eli was terrible this season except for the last game. Tiki is paid to remove all the sugar from his POV and am sure he rooted for the Giants, what's the problem?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 04, 2008, 10:36:52 AM

Tiki is a freakin loser, period!  The guy comes out and bashes his teamates and coach because they don't idolize him on every play.  IF he does come out of retirement, the obvious team to play for would be the Patriots!  PLEASE don't let that cancer come to Tampa!!!

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 04, 2008, 10:53:37 AM

We were promised a "Tiger Woods" player. FA looks pretty terrible even before the tags/signings are slapped on, and we don't have a lot to trade for 85.

Anyone who knows me knows the answer to the following question?

How can you tell Gruden or Allen are lying?

Their lips are moving.

i sure hope this isnt serious. we were promised? c'mon.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 04, 2008, 10:55:15 AM

He's paid to give his opinion and gave one, nothing wrong with that. Remember Eli was terrible this season except for the last game. Tiki is paid to remove all the sugar from his POV and am sure he rooted for the Giants, what's the problem?
He basically sold out his old team in order to have enough juicy information to sell to NBC. And pretty much everything he said turned out to be wrong.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 04, 2008, 11:17:15 AM

He basically sold out his old team in order to have enough juicy information to sell to NBC. And pretty much everything he said turned out to be wrong.

NObody is perfect and he didn't sell out his old team, he was asked a question and honestly aswered it. Everyone hates when ex-player analysts take the middle road all the time but now someone has string opinion about a situation that's close to him and you guys kill him for it.

Now the question is did you agree with Tiki when he said it? I did, Eli proved him wrong, good for him

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 04, 2008, 11:19:19 AM

I didn't agree with Tiki one bit.  Being self centered and taking all of the credit for your teams success is classless.  Way to go Tiki.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 04, 2008, 11:20:00 AM

NObody is perfect and he didn't sell out his old team, he was asked a question and honestly aswered it. Everyone hates when ex-player analysts take the middle road all the time but now someone has string opinion about a situation that's close to him and you guys kill him for it.

Now the question is did you agree with Tiki when he said it? I did, Eli proved him wrong, good for him
Well, his agenda was basically everybody but him was the problem.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jakedakota

Starter

#14 : February 04, 2008, 11:21:28 AM

KEEPONBUCN..He was wrong when he said it. ELI had been to the playoffs before and TIKI was and is a Sellout. Eli was a great College QB and he he is a great Pro QB..

NUFF SAID

Hey TIKI..How does it taste!!  ;D ;D ;D
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HEY TIKI, HOW DID THAT TASTE!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools