Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HEY TIKI, HOW DID THAT TASTE!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 04, 2008, 11:25:58 AM

The man played the game and is entitled to his opinion. He is paid to voice that opinion. Now he is attacked for being honest with that opinion. Only in America.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 04, 2008, 11:31:41 AM

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME!!  I'M AWESOME!!  I'M THE ONLY REASON THE GIANTS WIN!!  MY COACH AND QUARTERBACK JUST WON A SUPERBOWL WITHOUT ME!!  I LOOK LIKE A CLOWN!!!!!!!

clintro

Pro Bowler
#17 : February 04, 2008, 11:33:39 AM

HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME!!  I'M AWESOME!!  I'M THE ONLY REASON THE GIANTS WIN!!  MY COACH AND QUARTERBACK JUST ONE A SUPERBOWL WITHOUT ME!!  I LOOK LIKE A CLOWN!!!!!!!

They ONE a superbowl?????

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 04, 2008, 11:39:20 AM

I remember Tiki celebrating on the sidelines of the 2002 NFCC game with Ronde. I seriously doubt he was rooting for the Patriots yesterday. This thread shows how some people just enjoy hate and revel in it.

jakedakota

Starter

#19 : February 04, 2008, 12:00:31 PM

Hey Sparky, you really think TIKI was rooting for the Giants after selling out his Teamates?? TIKI was the one showing HATE when he opened his mouth and inserted his Foot.

I dont know who is hurting more today.. TIKI or the PATS...

BucNGator

Starter

#20 : February 04, 2008, 12:01:42 PM

We were promised a "Tiger Woods" player. FA looks pretty terrible even before the tags/signings are slapped on, and we don't have a lot to trade for 85.

Barber really is the only viable candidate to give us an elite offensive player.

Revisionist history already??

From a recent PR Article:

"I'm looking forward to the 2008 season and we have the ability, different than after the 2005 season, to acquire more players and the opportunity," Allen said. "First and foremost, we can play better and execute better on the field. We can train better and the best way to improve the team is to increase the talent level on this team. We have the ability whether it's a trade, free agency or have another good draft to improve this football team."

Allen also noted that talented players have to be available in free agency for the Bucs to improve their roster. Just because Tampa Bay has $23 million under the salary cap doesn't translate into more wins next season. He believes that there is talent in the locker room that can make the Bucs a Super Bowl-contending team in 2008.

"Well it depends on if those Tiger Woods players are available. We have an infrastructure set and it starts with the best facility in the country without a doubt," Allen said. "It starts with the leadership and coaching and with a corps of players that has tasted some victories. We still have some champions on this team that can lead this team. There is no reason that we can't compete in the future."

Nowhere in there, is a PROMISE for anything other than his best effort.

And Tiki coming back?  Get real, he looks more of a bufoon now, than at any other time in his life..... and I couldn't be happier for Ronde's boisterous twin!!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 04, 2008, 12:20:55 PM

I'm sorry....how did Tiki sell out his team? His job is NFL Analysis...and HELLO it's not "Covering 31 NFL teams but not the Giants because I played for them."

Did ANYONE disagree with Tiki's assessment of Manning a month ago? In fact, Tiki wasn't the only one believing that (several who claimed to be Giants fans)....it's just bigger because he's a former Giant.

It would be tantamount to Bettis saying Big Ben is immature (which he is).

He was doing his job. Tiki was one of the greatest running backs in Giants history and instead of being remembered as such, he's being painted as a Giant-hater.

Its sad, really.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 04, 2008, 01:04:54 PM

Hey Sparky, you really think TIKI was rooting for the Giants after selling out his Teamates?? TIKI was the one showing HATE when he opened his mouth and inserted his Foot.

I like to culur with cryons.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 04, 2008, 01:14:20 PM

Who cares what Tiki Barber says

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 04, 2008, 01:27:42 PM

Yes, I do believe he was rooting for the organization he spent his entire NFL career with. An honest opinion is not selling out his teammates. An honest opinion is his job. An honest and objective opinion just might be responsible for the attitude change in their HC, though I doubt it had any effect on Manning. He just needed more experience.

Warren Sapp is another whose honesty was never appreciated. For a society that supposedly places a high value on the truth, we sure have a large number here more in favor of lies and deceit.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 04, 2008, 01:31:22 PM

Being self centered and taking all of the credit for your teams success is classless.

You apparently dont think being a sore winner is being classless.

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#26 : February 04, 2008, 01:36:09 PM

why must all your titles be capitalized and end with lots of exclamations?

jakedakota

Starter

#27 : February 04, 2008, 01:41:59 PM

Because Angry Pirate ...I LIKE TO GET UNDER YOUR SKIN!!! ;D ;D ;D

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 04, 2008, 02:45:36 PM

Is this the catalyst that makes him come out of retirement?

When he gets fired from that desk job he'll be looking for work. 

Seems to me there was a thread about the Tiki vs Eli in the media verbal sparring match. Have to do a search and see where everyone came down on that incident back when it occurred.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 04, 2008, 02:49:50 PM

Now the question is did you agree with Tiki when he said it? I did, Eli proved him wrong, good for him

Ahh, maybe that's why you have a rather warped view of how things went down.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HEY TIKI, HOW DID THAT TASTE!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools