Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HEY TIKI, HOW DID THAT TASTE!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

jakedakota

Starter

#90 : February 09, 2008, 01:45:46 PM

So HATE..When you are done with Football you are allowed to throw them under the bus??!! Then you had better be able to take the the Critics when they come back at you.

Manning has led the Giants to the playoffs for 3 straight years. Tiki is a Whinner. He even came on and said he doesnt understand the hate towards him!!!
Now that is funny

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#91 : February 09, 2008, 01:51:55 PM

Jake - you are trying awfully hard to be right on this - some folks don't see it your way - some do.  Some think you are half right.  It is a discussion, not a debate to be won or lost... just sayin'

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

jakedakota

Starter

#92 : February 09, 2008, 01:52:26 PM

UJason, you are right, TIKI can say what he wants.. However in this case he is wrong. There was nothing wrong with Manning, he was doing fine. If I remember correctly TIKI quit on his team with a few games left.. You know the old

" Look at me, I am going to retire CRAP that Me and alot of other are tired of.

When Tiki left the Giants became a great TEAM. Word is out that Tiki was not the Greatest Lockerroom guy and was selfish.

jakedakota

Starter

#93 : February 09, 2008, 01:56:27 PM

dbucfan, Everyone is entitled to their opinon.  Just dont feel this was ever about RACE. Nor do I feel that TIKI was ever a good Team mate.
I feel this was a guy throwing a bomb at his Team mates and he never in a million years thought they could come together and be a team.. They did when he left and won SPORTS biggest Prize without him..

Tiki may be showing a good face but deep inside he is not sleeping good at night and is pissed they one.

Ask any pro, you want the money, or the Ring..

#94 : February 09, 2008, 02:50:18 PM

So HATE..When you are done with Football you are allowed to throw them under the bus??

As a football analyst, he MUST be objective.... not a homer like most on this board would do. He called it how he saw it, which didn't differ much from the way many others saw Coughlin and Manning. Hell, Strahan himself has said that Coughlin made a dramatic change this year and I wouldn't call that throwin him under the bus.  Early in the season, Eli was not playing great. Thats no secret and if Tiki sat in the NBC studios sippin the kool-aid, he'd take heat for that too.

And to make my stance clear, I'm no Tiki fan. I think he's a very pompous individual but in this case, I don't feel he's wrong.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#95 : February 10, 2008, 07:59:17 AM

Coughlin and Manning have been criticized by the sports media (both local and national) ever since joining the team. The team itself complained about Coughlin's methods from day one (not won, Jake). The list of players who have had confrontations with Coughlin includes Tiki, Strahan, Shockey, and Manning. The only way Coughlin was able to keep his job after '06 was by promising to adjust his treatment of the players. He did that and the team responded to it. It would appear that Manning is becoming more comfortable as the leader on offense but that wasn't the case in '06. He is still inconsistent and throws too many interceptions and I doubt the Giants will ever see another SB with him at QB.

My wife is a lifelong fan of the team and works in the city. We follow the Bucs and Giants closely. Tiki Barber never said anything that hadn't already been brought into question by the sports media. Also, it's not like he made those comments last week. The '06 season was still warm to the touch. Tiki was criticized for answering honestly when asked if '06 would be his last year with four games left in the season. Something is very wrong when deception is the standard we expect people to strive for.

Does Tiki have to wait until all of his former teammates are gone before he is allowed to give an honest opinion?

Tiki went to college and got an education. Very few athletes even bother. He will be successful in his new career because he is good at it and willing to work for it. Too bad there aren't more like him. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#96 : February 10, 2008, 08:10:21 AM

"He is still inconsistent and throws too many interceptions and I doubt the Giants will ever see another SB with him at QB."

He didn't look to inconsistent after the 1st quarter in the playoffs against the Bucs, nor in the other two NFC playoff games, and the Superbowl, where he outplayed the leagues MVP.  I believe the Giants have a far better future with Manning at the helm than the Bucs with Garcia. 
Tiki learned a valuable lesson in regards to reporting; biased reporting tastes like crow.  Regardless of his education, his comments after he retired made everyone believe that he would be still playing had it not been for Coughlin and Manning. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#97 : February 10, 2008, 08:50:29 AM

"He is still inconsistent and throws too many interceptions and I doubt the Giants will ever see another SB with him at QB."

He didn't look to inconsistent after the 1st quarter in the playoffs against the Bucs, nor in the other two NFC playoff games, and the Superbowl, where he outplayed the leagues MVP.  I believe the Giants have a far better future with Manning at the helm than the Bucs with Garcia. 
Tiki learned a valuable lesson in regards to reporting; biased reporting tastes like crow.  Regardless of his education, his comments after he retired made everyone believe that he would be still playing had it not been for Coughlin and Manning. 

See how well he does next year.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#98 : February 10, 2008, 11:00:12 AM

Coughlin and Manning have been criticized by the sports media (both local and national) ever since joining the team. The team itself complained about Coughlin's methods from day one (not won, Jake). The list of players who have had confrontations with Coughlin includes Tiki, Strahan, Shockey, and Manning. The only way Coughlin was able to keep his job after '06 was by promising to adjust his treatment of the players. He did that and the team responded to it. It would appear that Manning is becoming more comfortable as the leader on offense but that wasn't the case in '06. He is still inconsistent and throws too many interceptions and I doubt the Giants will ever see another SB with him at QB.

My wife is a lifelong fan of the team and works in the city. We follow the Bucs and Giants closely. Tiki Barber never said anything that hadn't already been brought into question by the sports media. Also, it's not like he made those comments last week. The '06 season was still warm to the touch. Tiki was criticized for answering honestly when asked if '06 would be his last year with four games left in the season. Something is very wrong when deception is the standard we expect people to strive for.

Does Tiki have to wait until all of his former teammates are gone before he is allowed to give an honest opinion?

Tiki went to college and got an education. Very few athletes even bother. He will be successful in his new career because he is good at it and willing to work for it. Too bad there aren't more like him.

That is one damn nice well thought out post Sparky -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#99 : February 11, 2008, 01:26:13 PM

UJason, you are right, TIKI can say what he wants.. However in this case he is wrong. There was nothing wrong with Manning, he was doing fine. If I remember correctly TIKI quit on his team with a few games left.. You know the old

When Tiki left the Giants became a great TEAM. Word is out that Tiki was not the Greatest Lockerroom guy and was selfish.

The Giants were NOT a great team. They started the season 0-2, finished it 10-6. They didn't even win their own division. They got hot at the right time and pulled off a miracle upset. But let's not go overboard with the superlatives.

Tiki was one of the best running backs in Giants history. Let me ask you...now that Alstott is retired, if he came out and said Gruden is an a-hole and the Bucs will never win a Super Bowl with Garcia as QB - would you have this dislike for him, too?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#100 : February 11, 2008, 01:34:28 PM

The Giants were NOT a great team. They started the season 0-2, finished it 10-6. They didn't even win their own division. They got hot at the right time and pulled off a miracle upset. But let's not go overboard with the superlatives.

Tiki was one of the best running backs in Giants history. Let me ask you...now that Alstott is retired, if he came out and said Gruden is an a-hole and the Bucs will never win a Super Bowl with Garcia as QB - would you have this dislike for him, too?
Of course not, Alstott is a diety in Tampa.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#101 : February 11, 2008, 03:45:07 PM

Of course not, Alstott is a diety in Tampa.

Alstott benefited from great marketing by Chris Berman on ESPN, and a heck of a lot of running plays by Tony Dungy.  Did I like him?  ABSOLUTELY!  But he was marketing more than anything else.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#102 : February 11, 2008, 08:18:10 PM

There was a lot of substance to Mike Alstott - but Berman made him a household name.  And the "guru" might be the best thought you have ever put on this board.  Congrats on touching reality.

jakedakota

Starter

#103 : February 12, 2008, 07:23:45 AM

Jason, first off Alstott is a nice story and a little bit over rated as a football player. He made pro bowls by being popular.. everyone knows that.

second Alstott doesnt have to say that about Gruden and Garcia, Duemig already does ;D...

TIKI was wrong, Scoreboard Giants

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#104 : February 12, 2008, 08:51:44 AM

TIKI was wrong, Scoreboard Giants

Indeed he was, as were many others in the New York media and Giants fans themselves.....

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HEY TIKI, HOW DID THAT TASTE!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools