Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Obama Needs to Win the D Nomination. And Why He's Well On His Way! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 05, 2008, 10:34:48 PM

Looks like Hillary is gonna win "Super Tuesday" which is one biiiig step towards the presidency!!  ;D

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 05, 2008, 10:57:32 PM

Not so fast Chrispy, none of the Dem primaries are WTA.  Clinton is squeaking by a lot of states but the ones Obama is winning (like Ga, Al, Il) he is crushing her.  Got to wait until all the delegates are counted before we know.  Cali is the big one, but she did get NY.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 05, 2008, 11:28:58 PM

Looks like Hillary is gonna win "Super Tuesday" which is one biiiig step towards the presidency!!  ;D

Where did you get that  info. from? The same source that said Mars was 70 degrees Fahrenheit? :-)

Right now, he's leading. But California looms large...

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 05, 2008, 11:32:28 PM

Again Joe, I got that "info" from CNN who is having round the clock coverage right now and shows Hillary leading Obama 9-4 as far as states go.  ::)

spartan

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 05, 2008, 11:45:22 PM

It's kinda funny if you think about it. The Conservative section of this country is not exactly enamored by any of the Republican candidates, yet the Democrats seem hell bent on electing Hilary as the Candidate. If there is anything that will "inspire" the Conservatives in this country it is Hillary on the ticket. They will even vote for Mccain if she is the alternative. The one thing that I heard from the Democratic caucus was "electability". I don't think that Hillary is elactable. Obama on the other hand, from a Conservative perspective is scary. The reason being is that although I disagree with 90% of his viewpoints he is a very likable guy and can win the election.

The one thing I am beginning to think about tonight is that I think Huckerbee is vying for VP. If he can bring in 5-9 southern states, he is definately a viable option. If he brings in the Fair tax, he will positively grab a ton of votes!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 05, 2008, 11:52:25 PM

the Democrats seem hell bent on electing Hilary as the Candidate. If there is anything that will "inspire" the Conservatives in this country it is Hillary on the ticket. They will even vote for Mccain if she is the alternative. The one thing that I heard from the Democratic caucus was "electability". I don't think that Hillary is elactable. Obama on the other hand, from a Conservative perspective is scary. The reason being is that although I disagree with 90% of his viewpoints he is a very likable guy and can win the election.

If you read the first article in this thread, that is the point they make and reason I entitled this
thread the way I did.

CNN is wrong, Chrispy. Too close to call right now. Either way, the longer this goes on (weeks
and week) after tonight, the better it is for Obama because he is coming on like a bat out of hell.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 05, 2008, 11:55:33 PM

Even if she wins Cali. the delegate count will be all but tied overall since they have proportional
primaries.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 06, 2008, 12:04:33 AM

CNN is wrong, Chrispy. Too close to call right now. Either way, the longer this goes on (weeks
and week) after tonight, the better it is for Obama because he is coming on like a bat out of hell.

Well can you tell me what channel the UFO Joe Report is on, so that I can begin tuning into that for all of my info from now on(because what does Wolf Blitzer or any of those people know or have over you anyway)??  ::)  :-

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 06, 2008, 12:08:06 AM

Meanwhile, it looks like the fat lady is singing Romney and Huck's tune.  WTA states (which suck) have mostly gone to McCain, with Romney and Hucks splitting the rest.  McCain wins, but with a flawed system helping.

One thing the dems did right was no WTA states.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 06, 2008, 12:10:08 AM

MSNBC, Chrispy. Like I said, it's going to close no matter what after tonight. And like I said,
the longer this goes, the better for Obama.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 06, 2008, 12:17:21 AM

According to cnn.com Obama has 11 states (Al, Co, Ct, De, Ga, Id, Il, Ks, Mn, ND, Ut) to Clintons 6 (Ar, Ma, NJ, NY, Ok, Tn) but delegate wise one NY is worth about 5 Mn/ND/UTs.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 06, 2008, 12:32:57 AM

All the Rs like to talk about the ''Reagan Legacy'',  but when it comes to pure charisma, Obama may be the most Reagan like.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 06, 2008, 12:54:32 AM

I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy shaking my finger at you guys and doing a victory dance when Hillary wins it all in November!  ;D

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 06, 2008, 01:01:38 AM

Shaking your finger? Nobody here has said that she won't win. It's too close. Obama
has momentum but that doesn't mean he'll win. But tonight was a very good night
for him considering how far back he was a few months ago. He is getting a TON
of the young voters.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 06, 2008, 08:11:22 AM

I'm gonna thoroughly enjoy shaking my finger at you guys and doing a victory dance when Hillary wins it all in November! ;D

well if she goes against McCain she wont. Because the (I) like the Rino.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Obama Needs to Win the D Nomination. And Why He's Well On His Way! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools