Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OSU OLB Larry Grant « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 05, 2008, 12:07:18 PM

A player to keep an eye on in the later rounds of the draft. can play all three linebacker spots in the Tampa 2 is 6'1 232 pounds and is a converted runningback. Has a chance to be special at the next level

jeanclaudtransam

Starter

#1 : February 05, 2008, 12:15:38 PM

Not sure if we need another LB at this point. If we do look LB I hope we'd take Wheeler out of GTech

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 05, 2008, 01:09:53 PM

Linebacker is about the last of the Bucs' needs. I can't remember a play Grant ever made besides the boneheaded special teams penalty in the national championship game against Florida.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#3 : February 05, 2008, 03:04:31 PM

LB isn't as pressing but if a guy like Rivers fell to our spot, it would hard to not do it. That would be a great replacement for Brooks! Grant is versatile and would be a nice addition to the LB corps.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 05, 2008, 03:18:22 PM

while it is not a pressing need, with Trotter not expected to come back and Cash coming off an injury, not to mention Nece is not the best suited middle linebacker backup there could be a need for a versatile linebacker later in the draft that can be groomed

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#5 : February 05, 2008, 03:23:37 PM

Bo Ruud is available...Yuc, what are your thoughts on his chances of getting drafted?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 05, 2008, 03:35:03 PM

While the younger Ruud might be drafted as a special teamer later in the draft he doesnt have the bulk at this point to be able to hold up as an every down linebacker, but could turn out to be a great special teamer and decent backup for a team playing a version of the Tampa 2

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#7 : February 05, 2008, 03:47:40 PM

I know this post is about the LB situation, but while we're conversing, thoughts on Frank Okam - why do you think his stock has slid? Just the inconsistant play? I have admired the guys play, looks like a beast most of the time getting double teamed. He had 50 + tackles, five sacks and seems to be extremely athletic.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 05, 2008, 04:04:39 PM

I know this post is about the LB situation, but while we're conversing, thoughts on Frank Okam - why do you think his stock has slid? I have admired the guys play. He had 49 tackles, five sacks and seems to be extremely athletic.
There's a lot of sentiment that despite his physical abilities he doesn't give enough of a crap. Remember Rodrique Wright from the 2006 draft? Everyone thought he'd be a 1st or 2nd rounder and then he went in the 7th and this far hasn't done anything. I have a bit of a stigma about Texas linemen. They're huge but not many of them 'want it'.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gdavis

Starter

#9 : February 05, 2008, 05:21:17 PM

he doesnt have the bulk at this point to be able to hold up as an every down linebacker

Derrick Brooks? 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#10 : February 05, 2008, 05:28:29 PM

FRG - That's what I have heard the most so far. I've enjoyed his play for the most part. If that is it, it's damn shame! All that athletic ability and talent. A few coached changes - stance, bend, hand placement at times - and he could be a disturbance in the middle. Oh well, if they don't want it, they won't get it.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OSU OLB Larry Grant « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools