Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They're calling for Dungy's head in Indy « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: December 11, 2006, 06:26:45 AM

This is not suprising.  That is how the NFL is.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 11, 2006, 05:50:16 AM

"Maybe it’s Dungy’s fault for being too much of a nice guy. It sure seemed like the Colts came out flat...."

That sure sounds familiar.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 11, 2006, 03:37:12 AM

Jeesh, what would they be saying if the Colts had the Bucs record?

If we had the players on offense that they have, we would have their record.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 11, 2006, 03:11:55 AM

On the Indy Star fan website, the blogger says the following: http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/
"I’ve read 30-plus comments, or rants to be more specific, more than after any other game this season. It’s a given many fans want to hold coach Tony Dungy or defensive coordinator Ron Meeks or president Bill Polian accountable. I get it. At some point, how long is enough? Five years. Still no defense.

“It’s like we’re back to where we were a few years ago,” said my party host, Mike Bowman. “We have to outscore everybody.”

Which means any decent defense ends the Colts’ year. That would obviously be San Diego, Baltimore, maybe even New England. There’s still something to be said for Patriots’ grit, even on a day when they lose 21-0 at Miami.

I’m not going to the first media hack in town to say Dungy has to go. It’s a bit early to plead for that. But something has to be done. Maybe it’s Polian’s fault for not giving Dungy enough serviceable parts to build a defense. Maybe it’s Dungy’s fault for being too much of a nice guy. It sure seemed like the Colts came out flat. Maybe it’s owner Jim Irsay’s fault for putting up with Polian. I mean, the guy may be among the best at player evaluation – everybody has always said that - but I’m told he doesn't treat people around him well."

Jeesh, what would they be saying if the Colts had the Bucs record?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 11, 2006, 08:59:08 AM

Dungy's winning with Mora Sr's players!  :) Had to do it. 

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 11, 2006, 08:53:51 AM

Dungy stopped being the Head Coach once Manning took it upon himself to waive off the punt team last year. The Colts problem as an organazation is the same problem the Bucs faced when Gruden first got here an uneven salary cap balanced toward one side of the ball. Until both teams even out their salary cap spending they will both struggle when it matters in January.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 11, 2006, 10:21:46 AM

The Colts have invested and continue to do so too much on offense while letting defensive players walk.  With that said Tony's draft record is not too stellar and at times questionable. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 11, 2006, 10:16:35 AM

Wait, wait isn't it not Dungy's fault?

All HC's are not created equal.

Some get blame for bad teams and some don't. That is a fascinating observation.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 11, 2006, 09:48:42 AM

Did anyone NOT see this coming?

#9 : December 11, 2006, 09:49:56 AM

I'd laugh if Dungy was fired, then Gruden got fired too and went to Indy and won the SB...imagine the outrage

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 11, 2006, 09:50:36 AM

Wait, wait isn't it not Dungy's fault? They've had a lot of cap issues with big contracts on the offensive side of the ball. They're best with injuries on defense this year. They've been picking really low so they can't get good draft. I mean it surely isn't the HC's fault they stink is it?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 11, 2006, 09:54:35 AM

Wait, wait isn't it not Dungy's fault?

All HC's are not created equal.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 11, 2006, 09:39:40 AM

Dungy's winning with Mora Sr's players! :) Had to do it.

lol

classic!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 11, 2006, 11:26:20 AM

like in Tampa, DUNG-y will never win a championship in Indy...

great man, but as a coach, he doesn't have what it takes.

watson

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 11, 2006, 11:57:13 AM

The Colts have invested and continue to do so too much on offense while letting defensive players walk. With that said Tony's draft record is not too stellar and at times questionable.
ADW,
I thought the same thing so I looked it up.  Since 2002 when Tony arrived, they have had 4 first round draft choice and 5 second round draft choices.  Of the 4 first round choices, 2 have been spent on defense:  02: Freeny and 05: Marlin Jackson.  The 2 offensive players are:  03: Dallas Clark and 06: Joseph Addai.  All 5 of their second round choices have been spent on defensive players:  02: DT Triplett, 03: SS Doss, 04: FS Sanders, 05: CB Hayden and 06: CB Jennings.  Not only have they had all the premium picks, they have spent the vast majority on defensive players.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: They're calling for Dungy's head in Indy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools