Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

: February 10, 2008, 07:55:43 PM

I remember clearly right before last year's draft where I was campaigning heavily for Adrian Peterson and wish'd the Bucs would grab him, and of course I was met with alot of criticism from several members who had 100 different reasons why he won't be any good. I think we know now who came out looking good on that assessment of AP.  ;)

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 10, 2008, 08:03:41 PM

haha I'm in the same boat. I wanted to trade Carnell before the draft to the texans or something like that and draft Peterson

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 10, 2008, 09:07:04 PM

We did not have a great offensive line at all this year and Earnest Graham stiill excelled and would have had over 1,000 yards had he played since week one, so just imagine what an Adrian Peterson would have done instead(although I really like Graham and take my hat off to him).

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 10, 2008, 08:24:13 PM

I like many last year wanted Calvin Johnson.

tonilynn

Starter

#4 : February 10, 2008, 08:45:39 PM

I wanted Calvin Johnson as well but what could have been if we drafted AP

jakedakota

Starter

#5 : February 10, 2008, 08:46:38 PM

Did the Vikings make the Playoffs???

Nuff Said!

catch2355

Practice Squad

#6 : February 10, 2008, 08:49:30 PM

Nuff Said!

We might have gone farther if we had AD.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 10, 2008, 08:56:34 PM

Nuff Said!

We might have gone farther if we had AD.

Actually, we'd go even farther if we had Minnesota's offensive line.

AP is a good back but he's also the product of a great offensive line.

#8 : February 10, 2008, 09:05:04 PM

HOF lineman Gary Zimmerman said tonight that a great back can make an average line better.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 10, 2008, 09:10:43 PM

HOF lineman Gary Zimmerman said tonight that a great back can make an average line better.

Minnesota doesn't have an average line.

And 100 yards in the two hand touch Pro Bowl doesn't prove anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take either Minny's line or AP any day of the week, but if I had to choose, I'd take Hutchinson & Co.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 10, 2008, 09:13:02 PM

We basically screwed up by not taking Peterson or Steven Jackson over the last 4 years.  [banghead]

Snook

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 10, 2008, 09:22:13 PM

We basically screwed up by not taking Peterson or Steven Jackson over the last 4 years.  [banghead]

Big deal.  Cadillac looked all world after one season.   Let's not start kicking ourselves just yet.

And its not like the Bucs picked #1 both those years and SJ and AP went #2.  A lot of other teams passed on those guys. 

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 10, 2008, 09:24:15 PM

For some reason we can't seem to land that franchise type runningback or quarterback while many other teams have been able to. ???

#13 : February 10, 2008, 09:35:23 PM

A lot of that is up to scouting a guy for that.  Peterson wasn't just passed up by the Bucs, he was overlooked by 5 other teams, some of that may have been due to his injury, the other was by need.  By all accounts, it didn't look like we needed to draft a RB at that time.  Hindsight =20/20.  His line is helping, but the RB can make a line look better, caddy did it here with his rookie season, and it also helped the other RBs in the stable, IMO.

#14 : February 10, 2008, 09:38:16 PM

Big deal. Cadillac looked all world after one season.

If you think that was all world, then your standards are VERY low. The guy cannot block, catch or stay healthy.

All world? Lmao!!!!

A lot of other teams passed on those guys.

Your point? The good teams capitalize on the mistakes of others.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools