Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 10, 2008, 09:45:44 PM

You guys act like you all are NOstradamus.

Hate, you said the BUcs should go all out for Johnson, so your point stands irrelevant.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 10, 2008, 10:48:26 PM

No need to be Nostradamus. The kid was on the cover of Sports Illustrated after he played 5 games at Oklahoma. People talked about him going straight from high school to the NFL. Everyone knew he was going to be awesome.

That said the Bucs did not make a mistake choosing pass rush over running back. Running the ball was not the Bucs' problem this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 10, 2008, 11:06:07 PM

I remember clearly right before last year's draft where I was campaigning heavily for Adrian Peterson and wish'd the Bucs would grab him, and of course I was met with alot of criticism from several members who had 100 different reasons why he won't be any good. I think we know now who came out looking good on that assessment of AP.  ;)

You make lots of predictions. You've been awfully quiet since you made your Hillary is Going to Crush
Obama, proclamation. Where you been?

#18 : February 10, 2008, 11:50:42 PM

Hate, you said the BUcs should go all out for Johnson, so your point stands irrelevant.

When you say I wanted Johnson, you are correct but in case you didn't notice, he was gone when we selected.

I've made my feelings about Carnell known for some time now.... its no secret I think the guy is busted and I stated prior to the draft that I hoped the team would jump at any opportunity to upgrade the position.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 11, 2008, 12:08:21 AM

Chrispy...cookie? ;)

*holds up a pack of Chips Ahoy*

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 11, 2008, 12:12:52 AM

When you say I wanted Johnson, you are correct but in case you didn't notice, he was gone when we selected.

I've made my feelings about Carnell known for some time now.... its no secret I think the guy is busted and I stated prior to the draft that I hoped the team would jump at any opportunity to upgrade the position.
No, I never got that impression, but whatever makes you feel better.

ALl i read from you was sheer disappointment, total manlust and a desire to trade for Calvin, but never any wish for AP ...

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 11, 2008, 12:22:29 AM

I was pulling for Peterson over Calvin Johnson who would have been my second choice, and my question is does this coaching staff think we're that good that we can afford to just keep skipping over this player and that player in order to pick "safe".  ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 11, 2008, 12:24:03 AM

I was pulling for Peterson over Calvin Johnson who would have been my second choice, and my question is does this coaching staff think we're that good that we can afford to just keep skipping over this player and that player in order to pick "safe". ???
Gaines showed amazing improvement.

He made big plays, and was a KEY upgrade.  And Graham made the Bucs rushing attack viable.

Despite the presence of speed at the WR slots.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 11, 2008, 12:30:56 AM

All I am hoping is that from now on if we see a potentially explosive player sitting there when it's time to pick(like Peterson, Jackson, or Merriman) - TAKE HIM, and worry about all the other bullsh*t later.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 11, 2008, 12:41:37 AM

All I am hoping is that from now on if we see a potentially explosive player sitting there when it's time to pick(like Peterson, Jackson, or Merriman) - TAKE HIM, and worry about all the other bullsh*t later.

QFT

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 11, 2008, 12:41:55 AM

I know I wanted Merriman.  People put me down for it though...

But yeah, basically QFT.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 11, 2008, 01:45:29 AM

QFT??  ???

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 11, 2008, 01:47:49 AM

Quoted For Truth.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#28 : February 11, 2008, 01:53:31 AM

Remind me who won the superbowl??  The giants show us Defense wins championships not flashy offensive players.  AP is great i never doubted he would be good but it just felt like at the time the Bucs were okay at the RB position.  

I will mention he did get hurt twice in his college career and barely played his last season at Oklahoma.  He's great when he plays but even this year he missed game due to injury.

Bottom line is that  we desperately needed a young DE and we got a good one.  Imagine if we got AP and RICE was still cut. Add that in with Chuk getting hurt and we would have had big problems at DE.

Remember how many people were roasting Houston even this offseason for not taking Bush?  Only time will tell. If AP has a giant soph slump or has a huge injury i'm bumping this thread to prove how premature this topic is.

NY giants won the superbowl with two backs that aren't much better than graham if at all.  Randy Moss and Tom Brady are just as explosive as AP look and that didn't win the ring.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#29 : February 11, 2008, 04:17:07 AM

We basically screwed up by not taking Peterson or Steven Jackson over the last 4 years. [banghead]

Big deal. Cadillac looked all world after one season. Let's not start kicking ourselves just yet.

And its not like the Bucs picked #1 both those years and SJ and AP went #2. A lot of other teams passed on those guys.
All world? Do you recognize what you see on the field?

1 long run against Minnesota, and Gruden forcing Carnell to break the record with 37 carries in week 3 is why you mistakingly thought he was all world. What has he done since week 3 '05?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools