Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#150 : February 13, 2008, 05:00:59 PM

I agree he is not one of the best in the league as of yet. Give him a decent running game and some weapons at WR and you'd see a drastic turnaround. The kid is a leader and can make plays when nothing is there. That's not to say he doesn't need work because he does. I think he can and will be an excellent QB for the titans for many many years.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#151 : February 13, 2008, 05:04:13 PM

Why cant fans just move on and hope Adams is the beast we hope the bucs thaught they were getting.

I don't think anyone here is hoping that Gaines fails, so this sentence is really meaningless. We ALL hope our drafted prospects pan out. We're ALL tired of seeing the majority of picks not pan out.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#152 : February 13, 2008, 05:10:10 PM

I agree he is not one of the best in the league as of yet. Give him a decent running game and some weapons at WR and you'd see a drastic turnaround. The kid is a leader and can make plays when nothing is there. That's not to say he doesn't need work because he does. I think he can and will be an excellent QB for the titans for many many years.
A 'decent' running game would be a step back. Tennessee was the #5 rushing team in the NFL last season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#153 : February 13, 2008, 05:11:56 PM

I know that. They have one half of the solution I suggested. Need the WR's. Once they have those in place you'll see a big change.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#154 : February 13, 2008, 05:27:32 PM

That was my only point as well that Vince Young is good(not great)right now and will only get better & better, and putting up numbers doesn't always tell the whole story(because Vick had plenty of numbers but it was all done in a very selfish way).

MBF

Hall of Famer

#155 : February 14, 2008, 09:37:10 AM

Well I guess running backs are selfish too. Damn fools won't lateral it to anyone to give others a chance.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#156 : February 14, 2008, 11:43:13 AM

getting norm chow fired throws up some red flags.  the guy has talent, but he's still a question mark.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#157 : February 14, 2008, 12:33:08 PM

Well I guess running backs are selfish too. Damn fools won't lateral it to anyone to give others a chance.

That's because a RB's main function is to RUN the ball and not share it, you complete moron. ::)

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#158 : February 14, 2008, 02:13:55 PM

Gruden liked Peterson a lot, he was on the short list but I think the team felt like Caddilac was the long term answer even if they knew Peterson had the potential to be better. We had more pressing needs, and I would say that long term Gaines adams will make a huge difference for our team. I hope we get a Dwayne Bowe this year, late 1st round producer that can help on offense...

Its too easy to look back and say these things.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#159 : February 14, 2008, 03:02:02 PM

That's because a RB's main function is to RUN the ball and not share it, you complete moron. ::)

We are going to have to plainly mark Sarcasm for Chrispy... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MBF

Hall of Famer

#160 : February 14, 2008, 04:33:03 PM

I'll take the moron, at least there was no threat of physical violence.

How can Vick running to help his team win be selfish?

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#161 : February 14, 2008, 08:46:22 PM

I just thought that Vick would always think ME FIRST and was trying to pad his stats more than he was trying to win sometimes.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools