Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#30 : February 11, 2008, 04:53:02 AM

We basically screwed up by not taking Peterson or Steven Jackson over the last 4 years. [banghead]

Big deal. Cadillac looked all world after one season. Let's not start kicking ourselves just yet.

And its not like the Bucs picked #1 both those years and SJ and AP went #2. A lot of other teams passed on those guys.
All world? Do you recognize what you see on the field?

1 long run against Minnesota, and Gruden forcing Carnell to break the record with 37 carries in week 3 is why you mistakingly thought he was all world. What has he done since week 3 '05?

3 more 100 yard games and a OROY selection  just saying :)

MBF

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 11, 2008, 06:37:34 AM

I remember clearly right before last year's draft where I was campaigning heavily for Adrian Peterson and wish'd the Bucs would grab him, and of course I was met with alot of criticism from several members who had 100 different reasons why he won't be any good. I think we know now who came out looking good on that assessment of AP. ;)
Do you think that we could've gotte Hutch, McKinnie, and Birk too?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#32 : February 11, 2008, 07:30:22 AM

I remember clearly right before last year's draft where I was campaigning heavily for Adrian Peterson and wish'd the Bucs would grab him, and of course I was met with alot of criticism from several members who had 100 different reasons why he won't be any good. I think we know now who came out looking good on that assessment of AP. ;)
Do you think that we could've gotte Hutch, McKinnie, and Birk too?
Carnell scrotal hanger excuse.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 11, 2008, 07:48:22 AM

The thread is about Chrispy patting himself on the back regarding his I told you so statement - no Caddy bashing required Hate and Abuccs.

And Chrispy - you would have taken another RB having invested in Caddy - while the d continued to whither?  What if Joe Thomas had been there - were you that insistent about having AP there - did the Raiders, Lions and Browns screw the pooch by not getting the OROY as well - or are there team needs that some of those stupid NFL GMs see that need to be filled?  Maybe the blind squirrel gets an acorn theory rather than acknowledging among all the predictions or declarations or recommendations - whatever one wishes to call them - looks good after one year.  Just sayin".

And yea, Minnesota has a pretty good Oline - I like our young kids - but their Oline is much better...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 11, 2008, 08:08:40 AM

Hilarious! Yeah we made an absolutley awful mistake by not taking Peterson when we have like 30 million tied up in another RB! Yeah, we should have traded Caddy and taken god knows what for a hit on the salary cap...Great idea guys!

Also Crispy no one doubted Peterson would be a stud. You cannot pick to running backs inside the top 5 in 3 years, no matter what...The mistake we made was picking caddy in that top 5 when he 1) could not catch the ball that well and 2) had a history with injuries and 3) never was a fulltime starter. That is the only probs I have with the  pick. Anyway, like I said you can't tie up 65 million dollars in RB's...

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 11, 2008, 08:16:24 AM

Damn it....I should have picked 1-10-24-27-44-47 for this weeks lottery.  I knew those numbers were good, damn it.   >:(

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#36 : February 11, 2008, 08:18:14 AM

2) had a history with injuries and

AP has a history with injuries... as much as caddy does, and look he got hurt his rookie year too,  the weird thing is caddy got ran to death by Gruden but AP got injured while splitting carries with chester

Snook

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 11, 2008, 08:41:03 AM

Chester Taylor is proof that its Minnesota's line that's the TRUE difference.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 11, 2008, 08:56:58 AM

Hilarious! Yeah we made an absolutley awful mistake by not taking Peterson when we have like 30 million tied up in another RB! Yeah, we should have traded Caddy and taken god knows what for a hit on the salary cap...Great idea guys!

Also Crispy no one doubted Peterson would be a stud. You cannot pick two running backs inside the top 5 in 3 years, no matter what...The mistake we made was picking caddy in that top 5 when he 1) could not catch the ball that well and 2) had a history with injuries and 3) never was a fulltime starter. That is the only probs I have with the  pick. Anyway, like I said you can't tie up 65 million dollars in RB's...

very good point.  id rather load up on the lines anyways.  but for the point of the thread, yes, peterson is good.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#39 : February 11, 2008, 09:02:26 AM

didn't chester taylor run for like 1500 yards in 2006?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 11, 2008, 09:05:37 AM

And Chrispy - you would have taken another RB having invested in Caddy - while the d continued to whither? What if Joe Thomas had been there - were you that insistent about having AP there - did the Raiders, Lions and Browns screw the pooch by not getting the OROY as well - or are there team needs that some of those stupid NFL GMs see that need to be filled?
To be fair the Lions actually are stupid.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 11, 2008, 09:14:06 AM

Chester Taylor is proof that its Minnesota's line that's the TRUE difference.

didn't chester taylor run for like 1500 yards in 2006?
Taylor had 1,216 in 2006, with pretty much the same line and at least 10 carries in 15 games. Peterson had 1,341 yards and missed 3 games. Say what you will about that line, but Hutchinson isn't blocking safeties 20 yards downfield. AP really is that good.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 11, 2008, 09:53:00 AM

We basically screwed up by not taking Peterson or Steven Jackson over the last 4 years. [banghead]

Big deal. Cadillac looked all world after one season. Let's not start kicking ourselves just yet.

And its not like the Bucs picked #1 both those years and SJ and AP went #2. A lot of other teams passed on those guys.
All world? Do you recognize what you see on the field?

1 long run against Minnesota, and Gruden forcing Carnell to break the record with 37 carries in week 3 is why you mistakingly thought he was all world. What has he done since week 3 '05?

3 more 100 yard games and a OROY selection just saying :)

LOL...You do realize that Peterson had 2 230+ yard games running the ball right? one was 4 shy of 300. He won OROY AND made it to the PRO BOWL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 11, 2008, 11:26:55 AM

Damn it....I should have picked 1-10-24-27-44-47 for this weeks lottery.  I knew those numbers were good, damn it.   >:(
You know, this is the smartest post in this entire thread.

But few will get the gist of it.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 11, 2008, 11:46:07 AM

I'm pretty sure we all get the gist of that post. Same thing you guys have been saying since we started the AP deal on the boards. Hindsight is 20/20 blah blah blah. We can't help that we can identify pure talent when we see it. When you guys tell us other wise, we tell you we told you so.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Adrian Peterson.......I told ya so. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools