Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia and Bucs talkin extension « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

: February 14, 2008, 10:47:51 AM

Garcia can make the passes. How many times did you see him OVERTHROW Joey on a long route ?

To be fair, overthrowing on deep routes can be due to the lack of control caused by arm weakness.  We saw Grads overthrow plenty of deep ones as well.  And just because Garcia has the arm in a few games, doesn't mean it will be there all season long.  The arm strength in older vets can nose dive as the season wears on.

That could be brad, and good point.

As I said before (and maybe it's wishful thinking) I think it has more to do with injury but I don't necessarily doubt the report out of Philly. Jeff is the only on that can prove that report wrong by staying healthy into the post season.

#1 : February 10, 2008, 09:40:23 PM

As was reported tonite on Sirius NFL radio. Personally, I don't know if I like that or not.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 10, 2008, 09:42:34 PM

As was reported tonite on Sirius NFL radio. Personally, I don't know if I like that or not.
Hate,

To be honest, I think that is absolutely stupid of you to not want him back at least 2 more years.  The guy can play.

And at one point you told me to give it a rest.

Sheesh.

#3 : February 10, 2008, 09:42:45 PM

Good for short term, but not for long term.  Plus considering the last long term project that Gruden tried to work with, I'm not sure yet where we would stand if he were to try it again?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 10, 2008, 09:44:32 PM

Good for short term, but not for long term.  Plus considering the last long term project that Gruden tried to work with, I'm not sure yet where we would stand if he were to try it again?
Who was that?

That Gruden tried to work with long term?

#5 : February 10, 2008, 09:51:51 PM

Good for short term, but not for long term. Plus considering the last long term project that Gruden tried to work with, I'm not sure yet where we would stand if he were to try it again?
Who was that?

Simms; this is from the perspective of the grooming him and letting him sit on the bench for as long as he did.  It may have been more about this particular approach with Simms then anything else, but Gruden as it stands now (notice I said right now) is better at re-tooling vets, due to no need to train them on mechanics.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 10, 2008, 09:53:13 PM

Good for short term, but not for long term. Plus considering the last long term project that Gruden tried to work with, I'm not sure yet where we would stand if he were to try it again?
Who was that?

Simms; this is from the perspective of the grooming him and letting him sit on the bench for as long as he did. It may have been more about this particular approach with Simms then anything else, but Gruden as it stands now (notice I said right now) is better at re-tooling vets, due to no need to train them on mechanics.
SIMMS was not a Gruden project.

That decision came from another GM.

#7 : February 10, 2008, 09:56:05 PM

Point stated for sure, and you are right.  But Gruden still "acted" the part in trying to groom Simms.  Again that is also a statement for right now, Grads? Not sure for his sake, but if Gruden drafts a QB on day 1, I would not want to see another situation like we saw with Simms.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 10, 2008, 09:58:42 PM

Point stated for sure, and you are right. But Gruden still "acted" the part in trying to groom Simms. Again that is also a statement for right now, Grads? Not sure for his sake, but if Gruden drafts a QB on day 1, I would not want to see another situation like we saw with Simms.
So....It is okay for a guy with no ability to play in a WCO, drafted by a GM with "other" ideas, to be compared to a QB who was drafted to be a system guy, and never did jack?

Both guys never did jack shiz.

Gruden drafted Grads, and that is is inability to draft a QB?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 10, 2008, 09:59:41 PM

Who was that?

Simms; this is from the perspective of the grooming him and letting him sit on the bench for as long as he did.

You mean the guy that Gruden gave the starting job to after 4 games during his sophomore season? THAT guy?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 10, 2008, 10:01:19 PM

Point stated for sure, and you are right. But Gruden still "acted" the part in trying to groom Simms. Again that is also a statement for right now, Grads? Not sure for his sake, but if Gruden drafts a QB on day 1, I would not want to see another situation like we saw with Simms.
So....It is okay for a guy with no ability to play in a WCO, drafted by a GM with "other" ideas, to be compared to a QB who was drafted to be a system guy, and never did jack?

Brady was a 6th rounder and every NFL QB drafted in the 6th round should be just as good. If you look around you'll see that this is true....or it's not...but it's one of the two.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 10, 2008, 10:03:19 PM

Brady was a 6th rounder and every NFL QB drafted in the 6th round should be just as good. If you look around you'll see that this is true....or it's not...but it's one of the two.
Anyone who uses the "BRADY RULE" is a NOSTRADAMUS BS ARTIST.  You guys act like this kind of thing grows on trees.  BS to that dude.  Brady was a lucky snag.  You guys need to watch YEARS of football to tel me you know otherwise.

#12 : February 10, 2008, 10:09:21 PM

You mean the guy that Gruden gave the starting job to after 4 games during his sophomore season? THAT guy?

Yeah, "that guy," and how many games did he play?  What kind of season were we having?  I know that during that year mathematically we were still in it, and all, but it would have helped to find out more about where Simms was at that year.  IMO, if we go with the guy, stick with it as other teams have done, to be better prepared for the next year.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 10, 2008, 10:10:31 PM

Anyone who uses the "BRADY RULE" is a NOSTRADAMUS BS ARTIST.  You guys act like this kind of thing grows on trees.  BS to that dude.  Brady was a lucky snag.  You guys need to watch YEARS of football to tel me you know otherwise.

C'mon Boid....every message board lit up like a Christmas tree the MOMENT Brady was selected stating that one of the best QB's in recent times just went to the Pats.. Even Drew Bledsoe knew he was toast.

How come Grads hasn't reached that level is anyone's guess but he should be there or the coach is obviously incapable of developing a QB.

....and.....to clarify....I'll add something to this post.

;D

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 10, 2008, 10:11:39 PM

Yeah, "that guy," and how many games did he play? 

I think he played or started two. One small reason he started that few was he lasted barely into quarter number 2 of the first start before leaving with an injury.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia and Bucs talkin extension « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools