Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia and Bucs talkin extension « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 10, 2008, 10:15:16 PM

Point stated for sure, and you are right. But Gruden still "acted" the part in trying to groom Simms. Again that is also a statement for right now, Grads? Not sure for his sake, but if Gruden drafts a QB on day 1, I would not want to see another situation like we saw with Simms.
So....It is okay for a guy with no ability to play in a WCO, drafted by a GM with "other" ideas, to be compared to a QB who was drafted to be a system guy, and never did jack?

Both guys never did jack shiz.

Gruden drafted Grads, and that is is inability to draft a QB?

Brady was a 6th rounder and every NFL QB drafted in the 6th round should be just as good. If you look around you'll see that this is true....or it's not...but it's one of the two.
Anyone who uses the "BRADY RULE" is a NOSTRADAMUS BS ARTIST. You guys act like this kind of thing grows on trees. BS to that dude. Brady was a lucky snag. You guys need to watch YEARS of football to tel me you know otherwise.

C'mon Boid....every message board lit up like a Christmas tree the MOMENT Brady was selected stating that one of the best QB's in recent times just went to the Pats.. Even Drew Bledsoe knew he was toast.

How come Grads hasn't reached that level is anyone's guess but he should be there or the coach is obviously incapable of developing a QB.

....and.....to clarify....I'll add something to this post.

;D
BS dude.

Brady was a sixth round pick.  Big deal.

He happened to pan out, but prove that MBs LIT UP after he got drafted....no sixth rounder gets that much props unless it is something unworldly, which is something NO sixth rounder gets.

Anbd as for Bledsoe "knowing" he was toast, after Brady got selected, are you nuts?  Bledsoe was a starter until he got hurt.

Your post is busted....

#16 : February 10, 2008, 10:17:19 PM

So....It is okay for a guy with no ability to play in a WCO, drafted by a GM with "other" ideas, to be compared to a QB who was drafted to be a system guy, and never did jack?

It is not Gruden's inability to draft a QB, but to wait on one that was picked with a day one pick (regardless of GM or otherwise) to see if he was "the guy".  My point is that, who cares if Simms was not Gruden's guy, it certainly was played up as such by many people, and it can only be said now that he wasn't, and that the pervious GM's guy, fine.

What I was stating is that, IF Gruden decides to DRAFT a QB during DAY 1 of the draft, I would like to see production out of him at somepoint in the year, especially if we are found to be in another position like the 2004 season.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 10, 2008, 10:21:30 PM

Point stated for sure, and you are right. But Gruden still "acted" the part in trying to groom Simms. Again that is also a statement for right now, Grads? Not sure for his sake, but if Gruden drafts a QB on day 1, I would not want to see another situation like we saw with Simms.

Brady was a 6th rounder and every NFL QB drafted in the 6th round should be just as good. If you look around you'll see that this is true....or it's not...but it's one of the two.
Anyone who uses the "BRADY RULE" is a NOSTRADAMUS BS ARTIST. You guys act like this kind of thing grows on trees. BS to that dude. Brady was a lucky snag. You guys need to watch YEARS of football to tel me you know otherwise.

C'mon Boid....every message board lit up like a Christmas tree the MOMENT Brady was selected stating that one of the best QB's in recent times just went to the Pats.. Even Drew Bledsoe knew he was toast.

How come Grads hasn't reached that level is anyone's guess but he should be there or the coach is obviously incapable of developing a QB.

;D
BS dude.

Brady was a sixth round pick.  Big deal.

He happened to pan out, but prove that MBs LIT UP after he got drafted....no sixth rounder gets that much props unless it is something unworldly, which is something NO sixth rounder gets.

Anbd as for Bledsoe "knowing" he was toast, after Brady got selected, are you nuts?  Bledsoe was a starter until he got hurt.

Your post is busted....

Boid.....your sarcasm detector....turn it on. I thought the smiley would take care of that.

;)

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#18 : February 10, 2008, 10:23:06 PM

I think he played or started two. One small reason he started that few was he lasted barely into quarter number 2 of the first start before leaving with an injury.

Yeah true he went out with injury, for Greise, but IMO we stuck with Griese too long during that season, because we were mathematically still in it.  People will argue that I can't call it due to my hindsight of it now, but then again how many teams do we really know out there that came back from 0-4 deficit to make the playoffs?  Especially when the team was as sporadic as it was? You may have been cashing in the season, but it would have done more to maybe see the marginal issues that Simms had, and prompt the FO to go forward from there.  

It happened, but doesn't mean I would want to see it happen again.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 10, 2008, 10:32:05 PM

I think he played or started two. One small reason he started that few was he lasted barely into quarter number 2 of the first start before leaving with an injury.

Yeah true he went out with injury, for Greise, but IMO we stuck with Griese too long during that season, because we were mathematically still in it.  People will argue that I can't call it due to my hindsight of it now, but then again how many teams do we really know out there that came back from 0-4 deficit to make the playoffs?  Especially when the team was as sporadic as it was? You may have been cashing in the season, but it would have done more to maybe see the marginal issues that Simms had, and prompt the FO to go forward from there. 

It happened, but doesn't mean I would want to see it happen again.

I think the Bucs were something like 6-5 with Griese and an argument can be made that he was a reasonable choice to start the next season, which he did. This is starting to head down the road that "I'm going to blame the coach not matter what is pointed out to me" which is fine.

I think Simms has been handed more than enough opportunity, if what you're attempting to state is that he hasn't, and there's been a problem in each of those whether it's poor play or injury. I don't think his skill set matches a WCO and he'll struggle with any coach who uses it.

The mistake that Gruden made in '06 was not bringing in a viable backup for Simms...leaving him with Gradkowski. A move should probably have been made when McCown got hurt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 10, 2008, 10:35:16 PM

;D
BS dude.

Brady was a sixth round pick. Big deal.

Anbd as for Bledsoe "knowing" he was toast, after Brady got selected, are you nuts? Bledsoe was a starter until he got hurt.

Your post is busted....

Boid.....your sarcasm detector....turn it on. I thought the smiley would take care of that.

;)

Sorry Ryan...my bad.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 10, 2008, 10:37:02 PM

Sorry Ryan...my bad.

No prob bud.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 10, 2008, 10:48:38 PM

Personally, I don't know if I like that or not.

Yeah, I hate it when the Bucs sign their best players to more years.    They should bring back Ryan Leaf, he'd be much cheaper.    Then they could afford to pay young guys like Gradkowski more as well.

#23 : February 10, 2008, 11:39:50 PM

Hate,

To be honest, I think that is absolutely stupid of you to not want him back at least 2 more years. The guy can play.

And at one point you told me to give it a rest.

I told you to give it a rest about what?

#24 : February 10, 2008, 11:46:08 PM

Yeah, I hate it when the Bucs sign their best players to more years.    They should bring back Ryan Leaf, he'd be much cheaper.    Then they could afford to pay young guys like Gradkowski more as well.

In my original post, what I said was that "I'm not sure if I like it or not" because I'm not. I do know that I'd like us to have a younger guy at qb that we know will be the leader of our team for the next 5-7 yrs.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 11, 2008, 12:04:16 AM

He's the perfect backup for this offense.  My only issue with this is if he's continually promised the starting job.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 11, 2008, 12:05:21 AM

Yeah, I hate it when the Bucs sign their best players to more years. They should bring back Ryan Leaf, he'd be much cheaper. Then they could afford to pay young guys like Gradkowski more as well.

In my original post, what I said was that "I'm not sure if I like it or not" because I'm not. I do know that I'd like us to have a younger guy at qb that we know will be the leader of our team for the next 5-7 yrs.
So who would be that guy to lead the team the next 5-7...?

Garcia can at least give us solid QB play for the next 1 or 2, and to me, 1 or 2 is a looong time.  If you had to do 1 or 2 in the clink, is that not a long time?

Jesus.  That is why I think this post is filled with poo.  

You have got to be nuts to think Garcia had a bad year...almost all of his picks came in 1 game versus the Jags, and he even had 1 in the Pro Bowl because of Holt...

I agree the Bucs need some depth there, but McCown had a decent year, considering his experience, and there is time to find a QB in the next 2 years or so...If Gruden is there, it will have to be a vet, so who knows....

We all want that team leader, and we all have it in Jeff.
Hate,

To be honest, I think that is absolutely stupid of you to not want him back at least 2 more years. The guy can play.

And at one point you told me to give it a rest.

I told you to give it a rest about what?
I won't rehash the post, but you did tell me to give it a rest on one of my posts, and I did not like it.

I felt justified in my opinion.  But if you call me out for being silly, I guess I reserve the right to call you out as well.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : February 11, 2008, 12:09:38 AM

Wow.. if a late 30's QB is one of our best players.. then we are in very bad shape.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 11, 2008, 12:14:21 AM

Wow.. if a late 30's QB is one of our best players.. then we are in very bad shape.
Yeah, and the Packers feel the same way.

You are a hater, and a toolbox.

Why do I resort to namecalling?  Because some of you guys are morons.

The Bucs did go to the playoffs and win 2 of 3 the last three years (divisions, right?)

Corpse, you are an idiot...world class.  I read, and some opinions are subjective, but yours are objectively retarded.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 11, 2008, 12:40:49 AM

I am fine with a one or 2 year extension of Garcia. He had a good year, suprised the hell out of me for sure. I wasn't quite sure which Garcia we were going to get when we got him. If we could get the guy a few more playmakers/game changers we'll be set for at least the time it might take for Gruden to get a rookie QB in here to learn the system.

I'm not sure if any body on here saw it, but on espn today, they had the college football all star challenge. Joe Flacco definately has an arm. He chucked the ball 71 and 74 yards on the deep throw contest. I didn't get a chance to finish watching the whole thing but he definately has an arm, not sure about his mobility.

Another stand out on that show was Jamaal Charles. Dude looks very very explosive.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia and Bucs talkin extension « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools