Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On a positive note.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Orangegone1

Starter

: October 08, 2006, 07:54:57 PM

There may be light at the end of the tunnel in the development of the OL. Davis is in his 3rd yr, Buenning in his 2nd. I am anxious to see Joseph because I really think he can be good. I feel we need to upgrade next year at center. Wade just doesn't move anyone. Trueblood did OK. He needs to bulk up and may be a player. I don't think we need to go with a high draft pick on the OL. We can really draft for the D. If Grad continues to play well we will have an inexpensive QB and will have Cap flexibility to upgrade many positions. DT, S, DB, and C are the big areas for next year.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#1 : October 08, 2006, 07:56:23 PM

There were a ton of positives today.

Caddy
Bruce

I am concerned about M80 though.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2006, 07:57:58 PM

There may be light at the end of the tunnel in the development of the OL. Davis is in his 3rd yr, Buenning in his 2nd. I am anxious to see Joseph because I really think he can be good. I feel we need to upgrade next year at center. Wade just doesn't move anyone. Trueblood did OK. He needs to bulk up and may be a player. I don't think we need to go with a high draft pick on the OL. We can really draft for the D. If Grad continues to play well we will have an inexpensive QB and will have Cap flexibility to upgrade many positions. DT, S, DB, and C are the big areas for next year.

Well it is looking like the cap space will not be used up on offering Simms a big contract, which gives them some wiggle room in FA.  Hopefully they can add at least two starting quality D players in FA, and most of the draft should be D as well.

bryan12112

Starter

#3 : October 08, 2006, 10:08:04 PM

Yeah, Michael Clayton has disappeared from the passing game. I don't know what his problem is. It's sad for me because he quickly became my favorite player on offense, and I even bought his jersey. Galloway is out there flying around like he's in in 20's, so you would think Clayton would have tons of room to roam in the middle. I guess not.

And yeah, as far as the offensive line goes, I like the development they're making there. Some injuries struck early on and held them back, but once Joseph is in there, I can't wait to see what they can do as they get more time together. Might as well move Mahan to C and get the potential future o-line together to finish out this lost season.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 08, 2006, 10:11:49 PM

There were a ton of positives today.

Caddy
Bruce

I am concerned about M80 though.
You guys act like Clayton never gets open, they never throw to him. I've seen replays of when he is open and they dont throw his way.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 08, 2006, 10:28:04 PM

Yeah we will see how the O-line grows together . as for number 80 i guess he is a #2 wr not much else

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 10:31:52 PM

I didn't watch every play that closely, but it seemed all the good runs were outside the tackles, and everything between was stuffed for no gain. I don't know what to make of that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 08, 2006, 10:35:54 PM

You guys act like Clayton never gets open, they never throw to him. I've seen replays of when he is open and they dont throw his way.

Agreed...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 08, 2006, 10:37:53 PM

Agreed...
I mean look at what he does when he catches the ball, he doesnt go down on first contact. I just think its that the QB likes galloways speed so they throw to him more. But no way in hell is Clayton a bad WR.

bryan12112

Starter

#9 : October 08, 2006, 10:39:57 PM

I'll be honest, I don't pay attention to WR's. I'm so into the games that I'm constantly watching whoever has the ball, or I'll be watching the line and RB on running plays. I don't have the time to watch Clayton away from the play to see what he's doing. Why don't they throw to him, though, if he's getting open?

All inside runs are stuffed because of Wade and Mahan. Not the strongest duo at run blocking. Maybe once Mahan is moved to C and Joseph is in, we'll see more successful running up the middle. That's my take on it anyway.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#10 : October 08, 2006, 10:44:20 PM

M-80 is fine guys, he's being productive and has done some great blocking.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 08, 2006, 10:48:47 PM

I didn't watch every play that closely, but it seemed all the good runs were outside the tackles, and everything between was stuffed for no gain. I don't know what to make of that.
THere were some nice inside runs today

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 08, 2006, 10:49:40 PM

LOL, now if he was only a lineman....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 10:53:05 PM

As the offense progresses, Clayton will get more touches. Simms barely looked his way, he was too focused on Galloway and Hilliard.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 08, 2006, 10:53:21 PM

He also seemed to have his old burst back as he had a nice run on that reverse.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: On a positive note.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools