Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! What Is Mike Mayock Thinking? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

: February 12, 2008, 12:55:02 AM

As I have criticized many times before on the before in the past two years, Mike Mayock is not one of my favorite analysts. I was just watching NFL Network and he actually had the nerve to say that Darren McFadden isn't worthy to be drafted within the top 20 picks. He sais he was unimpressed with the tape that he has watched on McFadden and wouldn't even sniff him within the first 20 picks....I don't know what he has been watching but I have seen lots of McFadden as many of you have too, and I LOVE McFadden.

Not sure about you, but I'd be more than willing to take McFadden at 20 and now we know that Mayock wouldn't.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 12, 2008, 12:57:27 AM

I would be shocked if McFadden dropped out if the top 5 let alone the top 10. Is Mayock watching the same guy as everyone else?

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 12, 2008, 01:00:09 AM

One thing about watching McFadden and Arkansas is that you knew they were running the ball. He still was able to accomplish what he did with teams stacking the line.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 12, 2008, 01:12:17 AM

Who knows, he could be this year's Jackson and slip. Every year there is a playe who is slated to be a high first rounder that slips to mid low or even out of the round completely. But, after watching what Adrian Peterson has done this year, someone might take him sooner than you think.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 12, 2008, 02:18:43 AM

I love McFadden, but I have a feeling he will slip around to around 7

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 12, 2008, 04:44:45 AM

Mayock said we had a great draft last year and gave us an A .....he was one of the few who really praised us last year on draft day.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 12, 2008, 06:10:05 AM

Mayock said we had a great draft last year and gave us an A .....he was one of the few who really praised us last year on draft day.

and he was wrong cause we didnt have an A draft

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 12, 2008, 08:58:41 AM

I think that still remains to be seen. We got two impact starters on defense and Sabby would have pushed Jermaine Phillips for the starting job if he hadn't gotten hurt. We also got some contributions from Black and Peterson, showing flashes that bold well for the future. That's two bonfide and three potential starters on defense.

I'd love for those type of drafts every year.

I've always liked Mayock, even more than Kiper. He was the ONLY guy to correctly predict Aaron Rodgers fall in the draft a few years ago when everyone had him as a Top 3 pick. In his mock, he even had him going to Green Bay. Mayock also predicted Quinn's fall last year.

So I wouldn't just outright dismiss his thoughts on McFadden. There's still a lot of time before the draft, plus the combine and individual workouts that can shape the draft board. You know the name, maybe have seen a few games, but he studies every play the kid made in his three years at Arkansas.

replica

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 12, 2008, 08:59:11 AM

And how would you have graded our draft? Adams, Sears, Jackson, Black, & maybe Piscatelli??

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 12, 2008, 09:10:12 AM

And how would you have graded our draft? Adams, Sears, Jackson, Black, & maybe Piscatelli??

Well Adams so far where he was drafted is a C- (still think he will be good)
Sears A
Jackson A
Sabby C-
rest of the draft C

So around a B, B-. I dont rate on potiental, I rate on production and where they were drafted.

Its not an A draft, when your 1st rd pick had a below avg year it cant be an A draft.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 12, 2008, 09:35:45 AM

how is sabby a C- when he didnt even step on the field?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 12, 2008, 09:36:59 AM

Because he had a lot of talent, but never got to show it.  SO it was a below average pick until proven to be an absolutely disastrous one.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 12, 2008, 09:38:33 AM

we got a starter in each of the first 3 rounds... not just a starter, but GOOD STARTERS. Long term good starters.

if we could do that every year we'd have a monstrous team.

I'd give us an A

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#13 : February 12, 2008, 09:54:38 AM

I think Mike Mayock is a great analyst.  Not everyone is right, but he was spot on about Adrian Peterson last year and might be about McFadden.  Mayock and NFLN crew's draft coverage is much better than ESPN's.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 12, 2008, 11:40:33 AM

Because he had a lot of talent, but never got to show it.  SO it was a below average pick until proven to be an absolutely disastrous one.

but if OBF rates on production, why not an F, or incomplete?  that was my question.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! What Is Mike Mayock Thinking? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools