Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We LOST and there is not talk about ... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

: October 08, 2006, 08:00:28 PM

batted passes and game breaking interceptions.  Some of the tackling was pathetic out there today and the D and special teams killed our chances of a unlikely win.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : October 08, 2006, 08:11:24 PM

Hey - our rookie QB went out there and played like a seasoned vet. He was smart with the ball and made some plays.

The running game got going big time today as well. Unfortunately, we couldn't stop the run or swing passes to Bush and we couldn't contain him on a punt return.

It is time, after this year, for some changes. We need to go hardcore into free agency to pick up defensive players. We also need to fire our Bissacia and get a new ST coach who knows WTF he is doing.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2006, 08:13:06 PM

We need to go hardcore into free agency to pick up defensive players.

Well Bruce should have well over $20 million to play with time around, so we could be major players in FA.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 08, 2006, 08:16:14 PM

I think it is all coming back to Booger and the UT position too. We tackled poorly, yes, however, with some pressure from that spot we could have had some turnovers as well.

BuccoJD

Starter

#4 : October 08, 2006, 08:17:48 PM

All the blame goes on DLine and ST.

Grads was sloppy at times (expected), but he should be given a LOT of credit. I was very impressed, as it looks like we got ourselves a steal in the sixth round.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 08:20:47 PM

All the blame goes on DLine and ST.

Grads was sloppy at times (expected),

???

He went 20 for 31, with four dropped passes and three good gains called back by flags.  He didn't throw any picks and his two TD passes were crisp......if he was sloppy today we really need to lower our expectations.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 08:27:52 PM

We LOST and there is not talk about batted passes and game breaking interceptions.

As I said in another post, I attribute this as much or more to playcalling than QB.  Gruden finally pulled away from all the 3-steps and quick sideline throws that have given us so many problems.  Also leaning on the run opened up the game quite a bit.  I would have liked to have seen more play-action, though.

Not taking anything away from Grads, though; I thought he played a tremendous game.

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 08, 2006, 08:33:35 PM

As I said in another post, I attribute this as much or more to playcalling than QB.  Gruden finally pulled away from all the 3-steps and quick sideline throws that have given us so many problems.  Also leaning on the run opened up the game quite a bit.  I would have liked to have seen more play-action, though.

Not taking anything away from Grads, though; I thought he played a tremendous game.

I noticed the passing game was opened up too.  I think this tells us more about how poorly Simms handled the O than anything else.  Grads worked it very well, and avoided a lot of the pressure by just sliding around a little bit.  This was a GREAT game, and I'm excited about it even with the loss.

I also agree (and I know some will be shocked by this :P ) that the D's problems come from the UT spot.  But this game it was more than that, I've NEVER seen such a poor job tackling by this team.  It looks like the D wants to get revamped too.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 08, 2006, 09:19:55 PM

Hey - our rookie QB went out there and played like a seasoned vet. He was smart with the ball and made some plays.

The running game got going big time today as well. Unfortunately, we couldn't stop the run or swing passes to Bush and we couldn't contain him on a punt return.

It is time, after this year, for some changes. We need to go hardcore into free agency to pick up defensive players. We also need to fire our Bissacia and get a new ST coach who knows WTF he is doing.

We've needed to fire Bisaccia dating back to the first year he was hired.   He's always been horrible.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : October 08, 2006, 10:15:52 PM

I disagree. I felt that we ran a lot of short passes today. I thought we were taking a lot of 3 step drops and actually completing those passes and also I thought we completed a lot of short passes in the flats that were getting batted down before.

I think if anything, we leaned more on a west coast style of play today than we did with Simms at QB.

tonyflash

Starter

#10 : October 08, 2006, 10:26:33 PM

As I said in another post, I attribute this as much or more to playcalling than QB. Gruden finally pulled away from all the 3-steps and quick sideline throws that have given us so many problems. Also leaning on the run opened up the game quite a bit. I would have liked to have seen more play-action, though.

I also notice they were spreading things out a little more today which also helped with the running game.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2006, 10:28:01 PM

I agree with option.  The majority of the passes were quick three step drops.  This is what Gruden is comfortable running and it shows with Grakowski at helm.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 08, 2006, 10:28:10 PM

I also notice they were spreading things out a little more today which also helped with the running game.

Because they now have a QB back there who has a little bit more mobility than Stone Mountain, GA.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 10:29:08 PM

When your QB has 4.58 speed, and he is happy on the move, it spreads things around.  Grads is very obviosuly a better QB for Grudens WCO that Simms is, and it showed today.  If we had the number one D like last season Grads could guide us to plenty of wins.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 08, 2006, 10:32:21 PM

batted passes and game breaking interceptions. Some of the tackling was pathetic out there today and the D and special teams killed our chances of a unlikely win.

I'm sure somebody has issues with the way the oline played...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We LOST and there is not talk about ... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools