Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We LOST and there is not talk about ... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 08, 2006, 10:34:23 PM

I'm sure somebody has issues with the way the oline played...

Other than Truebloods two mistakes that I saw and a Mahan penalty the o-line was good.  But Mahan is simply not good at the point of attack.  With Joseph in at RG I expect to see a lot more push on that side with True next to him.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 08, 2006, 10:35:44 PM

I'm sure somebody has issues with the way the oline played...

On the road in a noisy Dome against a team with a bit of momentum, I think our young O did great.  Over 400 yards with 187 on the ground, you can't point fingers at the line.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 08, 2006, 10:36:48 PM

On the road in a noisy Dome against a team with a bit of momentum, I think our young O did great.  Over 400 yards with 187 on the ground, you can't point fingers at the line.

We'll see... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 08, 2006, 10:39:25 PM

We'll see... ;)

They weren't perfect, and a couple of mistakes were made but for a young unit they played very well.  I think Grads has the extra mobility and happy feet to make the O-line look a little better, he just takes off or shifts the point of attack.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 09, 2006, 12:33:17 AM

We've talked about the offense needing to catch up to the D here for so long, and I think it happened tonight.  Sucks that the D fell so far so fast, but that was kinda to be expected this year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : October 09, 2006, 01:12:06 AM

We've talked about the offense needing to catch up to the D here for so long, and I think it happened tonight. Sucks that the D fell so far so fast, but that was kinda to be expected this year.
  Why was that expected? What about last year made you think the D would suck this year? That's why it's such a head scratcher. The playoff game against Wash was vintage D at it's best--they allowed 120 yds! What has happened since then? I think it has to be related to Marinelli & Tomlin leaving, but even that is puzzling.

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 09, 2006, 01:26:37 AM

Why was that expected? What about last year made you think the D would suck this year? That's why it's such a head scratcher. The playoff game against Wash was vintage D at it's best--they allowed 120 yds! What has happened since then? I think it has to be related to Marinelli & Tomlin leaving, but even that is puzzling.
Rod & Tomlinson.  Did you NOT expect a dropoff this year?  Granted It's much worse than many of us expected but a dropoff was coming,  you don't lose  Rod and not have an effect.

EDIT:  Rod was a huge, huge, part of this D.  Myself, I expected a little bit of a dropoff, then back to form after a few weeks, and am rather shocked by how far we fell, but in hindsight it's not that shocking.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We LOST and there is not talk about ... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools