Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Limas Sweed anyone? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#90 : March 23, 2008, 09:41:34 PM

Sweed WILL NOT be the next Randy Moss!  He may be a good NFL reciever, but he is not Randy Moss!

I agree. I think the Herman Moore comparison is an apt one, and I think his pro career production will look a lot like Moore's.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#91 : March 23, 2008, 11:25:51 PM

C'ville, I question your man-love with Sweed until I saw your posts about Dwayne Jarrett and Ashton Youboty both being in the first round. Poor guy isn't seeing anything right. ;)

Really though, I don't get you throwing out Sweed going to be a star like it's a foregone conclusion. But Sweed never got any more separation in college than Stovall, so I wonder how much of a difference there really is between them in speed ad explosiveness. The numbers don't lie, but they aren't always indicative of game skill.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#92 : March 24, 2008, 12:06:18 AM

C'ville, I question your man-love with Sweed until I saw your posts about Dwayne Jarrett and Ashton Youboty both being in the first round. Poor guy isn't seeing anything right. ;)

Really though, I don't get you throwing out Sweed going to be a star like it's a foregone conclusion. But Sweed never got any more separation in college than Stovall, so I wonder how much of a difference there really is between them in speed ad explosiveness. The numbers don't lie, but they aren't always indicative of game skill.
And that my folks, is the punch that dropped the debater to his knees.  And finished the fight.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#93 : March 24, 2008, 09:51:15 AM

You question my "man-love" for Sweed because I think he belongs in the conversation for the selection at #20? I think Sweed is an explosive player, vastly above Stovall. Sorry if you don't agree. Sweed can really cover ground and I'm not sure what the heck you are talking about when you say he can't get deep. I think Sweed has great skills when healthy, no doubt. He can take a hello pass and go for 50, he did it. Can Stovall do that? Hell no he can't.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. If Sweed clears his wrist and proves to be healthy I think he is the #1 WR taken in this draft. That is just MHO. He can run away from people, he gets deep, he is great run after the catch and has good hands. Sorry but when people come on this board and assert he is going to be a 3rd WR I'm not going to just let that ride because its not true.

Sorry for portraying a man crush on a guy to a bunch of guys that don't like him and think he is going to be third round WR. This board is flatout fun to be on I know that because of all the stuff that comes across here. I have a man crush on Sweed because I defend him against some mouth drooling football fan that thinks he is a R3 WR, yeah sure! LOL  :D

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#94 : March 24, 2008, 09:58:22 AM

And that my folks, is the punch that dropped the debater to his knees. And finished the fight.

HAHA, it certainly did! Sweed will be taken in R3 and we would be crazy for even thinking of drafting Sweed at #20...

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#95 : March 24, 2008, 10:02:18 AM

HAHA, it certainly did! Sweed will be taken in R3

Do you want to make a wager on that?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#96 : March 24, 2008, 10:12:45 AM

I was kidding DTG. I got a better chance of being taken in R3 than Sweed does!

All the people hate on Sweed and all the while we are picking at #20, not #2. All I have said is that Sweed is VASTLY more talented than anything we have outside of Galloway and that depending who is there at #20 you have to at the least figure Sweed into the fold.

Since I defend a guy that people say can't get deep, even though its universally known and seen on TV, tape, highlight reels that the QB (vince young) struggled mightily passing the football and consistantly underthrew the ball thus resulting in Sweed stopping and jumping up over people to make the play...I have the crush, haha, its hilarious!

Hey you guys keep up the good fight, lets take Balmer instead of Sweed, we need a DT...

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#97 : March 24, 2008, 10:21:41 AM

Ok, I missed the sarcasm. My bad.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#98 : March 24, 2008, 11:01:50 AM

The Bucs have traditionally drafted players that are productive in college the last few years.  How does Sweed fit into this from a production standpoint? 

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#99 : March 24, 2008, 09:36:59 PM

You question my "man-love" for Sweed because I think he belongs in the conversation for the selection at #20? I think Sweed is an explosive player, vastly above Stovall. Sorry if you don't agree. Sweed can really cover ground and I'm not sure what the heck you are talking about when you say he can't get deep. I think Sweed has great skills when healthy, no doubt. He can take a hello pass and go for 50, he did it. Can Stovall do that? Hell no he can't.

Stovall was a big play threat in college too, but is more limited in the pros. The guy was actually a deep threat at ND, people seem to forget that because of his size. I just don't see any explosiveness in Sweed. It's pretty obvious too, a play of his talent if he had this explosiveness and speed you speak of, he'd have got tons more separation in college. I just don't think there's any arguing that.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. If Sweed clears his wrist and proves to be healthy I think he is the #1 WR taken in this draft. That is just MHO. He can run away from people, he gets deep, he is great run after the catch and has good hands. Sorry but when people come on this board and assert he is going to be a 3rd WR I'm not going to just let that ride because its not true.

There's nothing I hate more than when someone gets injured and people use it as an excuse for saying he would have been better. As if Sweed was head and shoulders ahead of the weak projected class. He wasn't and the injury should hurt his stock, not give his stock a crutch(no pun intended) to stand on. Really, what separates him from Malcolm Kelly? Aside from Kelly being more physically dominant, productive, and younger?

Sorry for portraying a man crush on a guy to a bunch of guys that don't like him and think he is going to be third round WR. This board is flatout fun to be on I know that because of all the stuff that comes across here. I have a man crush on Sweed because I defend him against some mouth drooling football fan that thinks he is a R3 WR, yeah sure! LOL  :D

I can't say I agree with him being a #3 WR, but this "He's gonna be great in 5 years and we're all going to be wanting to trade for him! You'll see!" talk isn't in with my line of thinking either. :)
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Limas Sweed anyone? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools