Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: in court with Roger « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

: February 14, 2008, 10:45:30 AM

I think what needs to happen is a full fledged, game-wide (possibly crossing into all sports) grace period where anyone can come out and admit that they have taken performance enhancing drugs. Those who come out and admit to doing this will be freed from any charges and able to continue playing the sport. Anyone who doesn't admit during this grace period will be subject to investigation and incarceration afterwards and banned from the game(s) forever.

After that much harsher and more strict policies need to be put into place if congress is going to be getting involved in this. If it's that important then there need to be severe consequences for using these drugs.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 14, 2008, 10:31:05 AM

In the end the only one who does jail time is Mcnamee....all the players he sold illegal steroids to ...if the IRS HAS HALF A BRAIN...KNOW...he didn't declare any of that ...and we are talking about maybe 2 maybe 3 million dollars with all those players over a 3 ..4 year period...there was IRS agents in attendence...the players are scott free...they payed the money out ..but that creep made all that money and didn't declare it.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 14, 2008, 10:37:05 AM

if u hate bonds hate roger

well one's a white guy and the other's a black guy....i hesitate to say this because it might send this thread spinning out of control, but i think plenty of people will find ways to justify liking one and not the other based on biases they hold closely but would never admit to.

Or maybe just one is a complete a-hole and the other is decent man.

Huh? Both Bonds and Clemens are a-holes, and they always have been.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 13, 2008, 04:23:27 PM

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 13, 2008, 03:59:42 PM

I'm not a fan of Roger but imo if this ever went to trial they wouldn't be able to convict him ...their main man is a professional liar....one of the senators was calling him a drug dealer....he has zero credability...not even having Petites and his wife going against him and all the old needles would be enough....having that scumbag as their star wittness they would need the needle filled with steroids sticking in Rogers azz...and then maybe....oh and by the way as I said before a long time ago Bonds will walk too ....garanteed.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 13, 2008, 04:18:54 PM

The major difference with evidence vs. Bonds that sticks out to me is that they have at least one positive drug test of him from his Balco files. There are ways around that of course. I think there's a better chance that Bonds can be convicted than Clemens who I see there being no chance of being convicted. I would say Bonds, based on what I know and with a neutral jury, would be 50-50.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 13, 2008, 04:30:38 PM

And this has what to do with football?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 13, 2008, 04:36:10 PM

Bonds said he never KNOWINGLY took any steroids....case closed...he walks...i'll take book on it.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 13, 2008, 04:49:21 PM

ahem, Pirates Cove?

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 13, 2008, 04:50:20 PM

well one's a white guy and the other's a black guy....i hesitate to say this because it might send this thread spinning out of control, but i think plenty of people will find ways to justify liking one and not the other based on biases they hold closely but would never admit to.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 13, 2008, 04:54:40 PM

Bonds said he never KNOWINGLY took any steroids....case closed...he walks...i'll take book on it.

I think we need to wait until we see the full spectrum of evidence vs. Bonds. I agree that the "knowingly" issue could give him an out. The failed test could be a problem for Bonds because there could be evidence that he was presented with the failed test. That's why I think it's 50-50 at this point.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#11 : February 13, 2008, 05:55:29 PM

SPIN CONTROL! I don't like either one of the self-absorbed cheaters I don't care what color they are. I didn't like either one of the self-absorbed cheaters before the issue of steroids came up. They're both ego maniacs who exemplify the worst of sports.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 13, 2008, 08:48:16 PM

That or everyone's a racist.  But, we see where you two stand on the situation.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 14, 2008, 06:17:06 PM

Huh? Both Bonds and Clemens are a-holes, and they always have been.

Really?  Maybe you missed all of the kids camps Clemens does, among other charitable ventures.  While Bonds hardly signs autographs at the ball park.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : February 15, 2008, 01:04:00 AM

And this has what to do with football?

Nothing to do with football.  http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

I'm no longer a fan of Roger Clemens. It is pretty obvious that he's lying.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: in court with Roger « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools