Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Karen v Ron & Ian « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsAddict

Starter

#15 : November 28, 2006, 12:34:15 PM

I like Simms but what has me questioning his overall play would not be Grads, but Romo. Romo came off the bench after riding the pine for 4 years and has been completely lights out. Yes only for 5 games but at this point last year, Simms was just now starting to look good.

Romo has a better OL and WR's to throw to. Add to the fact that his coming out party last Thursday was against our "pass rush", without Rice, who gave him enough time to crap and wipe before he ever needed to think about where to throw...

Better recievers yes by leaps and bounds. Better O-line no.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsAddict

Starter

#16 : November 28, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

The Cowboys o-line has been up/down this year.

They were as up as it gets on Thursday, that's for sure..

against our pass rush , The Lakewood High team o-line would look good.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 28, 2006, 12:37:57 PM

And yet thet surrendered a sack against Hovan.   :P

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 28, 2006, 12:40:39 PM

I like Simms but what has me questioning his overall play would not be Grads, but Romo. Romo came off the bench after riding the pine for 4 years and has been completely lights out. Yes only for 5 games but at this point last year, Simms was just now starting to look good.

He was ??? I must have missed that quarter. :o

I know your man love for gradkowski is all encompassing but now we're going to rewrite history and say Simms wasnt starting to look good by his 4&5th game of last season?

So let's have a QB that takes 1/4 of the season to "warm up" to becoming marginal. That's encouraging isn't it? What's even funnier is anything positive Simms did was going to look like he was improving. The first few games was ATROCIOUS. You can only go up right?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 28, 2006, 12:42:03 PM

against our pass rush , The Lakewood High team o-line would look good.

Granted.

BucsAddict

Starter

#20 : November 28, 2006, 12:50:30 PM

That is my point, I would like Simms to be a great QB, I'm just wondering just what has been the cause for the horrible slow starts.

I know your man love for gradkowski is all encompassing but now we're going to rewrite history and say Simms wasnt starting to look good by his 4&5th game of last season?

So let's have a QB that takes 1/4 of the season to "warm up" to becoming marginal. That's encouraging isn't it? What's even funnier is anything positive Simms did was going to look like he was improving. The first few games was ATROCIOUS. You can only go up right?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 28, 2006, 01:01:24 PM

Simms showed promise last year and he progressed, but his progression wasn’t spectacular.  I said all along he deserved to start this season but still had a lot to prove.

Just to recap for the memory challenged folks around here:

4th game – 118 yards – 1 interception

5th  game – 202 yards – lost thanks to a fumble on our one yard line by Simms

6th  game – 123 yards – 1TD

7th game – 138 yards

8th game -  155 yards

See not that impressive, 1 TD in 5 games and not that many yards either.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 28, 2006, 01:40:41 PM

Simms showed promise last year and he progressed, but his progression wasn’t spectacular. I said all along he deserved to start this season but still had a lot to prove.

5th game – 202 yards – lost thanks to a fumble on our one yard line by Simms

6th game – 123 yards – 1TD

7th game – 138 yards

8th game - 155 yards

Sign him now!

BucsAddict

Starter

#23 : November 28, 2006, 01:42:55 PM

Simms showed promise last year and he progressed, but his progression wasn’t spectacular. I said all along he deserved to start this season but still had a lot to prove.

5th game – 202 yards – lost thanks to a fumble on our one yard line by Simms. vs the #2 defense on the road

7th game – 138 yards

8th game - 155 yards

3rd game:  15/29 279 3 0

9th game:  29/42 285 2 2

Lets bookend your recap for a broader perspective

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 28, 2006, 01:47:41 PM

3rd game:  15/29 279 3 0

9th game:  29/42 285 2 2

Lets bookend your recap for a broader perspective

Why should we, YOU said the 4th and 5th game.  I am well aware of exactly what he did in EVERY game, but some people have romantic memories of what was a less than impressive season really.

Games one and two were losses and his first starts so he gets a bye on that.  The 3rd game was a great win against the Skins, but he has never repeated that form so maybe it was a one off.  The last two games of the season were OK with a decent TD:INT, but the play off game was pretty bad.  Then you have the three crap-fests at the start of this season.

So his entire body of work is very unimpressive.  He has upside in terms of arm strength but I fail to see how anyone would be happy about him starting next season and running a WCO.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 28, 2006, 01:59:02 PM

But he did drive the Bucs 71 yards for the tying TD late in the game, on the road, before the eventual winning FG by Bryant.

5th game – 202 yards – lost thanks to a fumble on our one yard line by Simms

Which had nothing to do with the Bears overpowering defense or the missed 29 yard FG that would've tied the game after Simms got them down into range, huh?

Defensive gem by thye Bucs, but a turnover-free performance and a road win against a division opponent for Simms.

7th game – 138 yards

20-27 w/ no turnovers, Caddy running wild in Carolina, and your using that against Simms???

8th game - 155 yards

Now that was a bad game. Not only for Simms, but for everyone in Foxborough against a Patriot team looking to clinch their division. I'm surprised he even had that many yards..

Not that impressive yardage-wise, but 3-2 with 4 of those games on the road is impressive for a QB in his first year.

Memory challenged? I think not..

Edit: First year as a starter..

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 28, 2006, 02:07:40 PM

I was answing someone elses comment to me RED ;)

if you want to start breaking games down at least add the little things like a fumble on our one yard line against the Bears, or the TO by Vick on the road when the game was technically lost.

Well, you did mention the fumble on the one, so I just addressed that by acknoledging that he drove us into position to at least tie that game, against the #2 defense in the league (haha! #2! Not #1!). Matter of fact, he drove us into scoring position twice in the 4th qtr of that game..

What Vick did doesn't take away the fact that we were down by a TD late in the game and he drove us 71 yards for a tying TD, within the last 2 minutes..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 28, 2006, 02:10:09 PM

I think the main point is Simms wasn't that impressive or instrumental in last years wins.  When you have the number one D any QB should be winning games.  

I just want to get better, and Simms isn't the answer IMO, not in this offense anyway.  If Gruden rethinks his game plan or he gets fired than Simms has a chance.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 28, 2006, 02:22:17 PM

I think the main point is Simms wasn't that impressive or instrumental in last years wins.  When you have the number one D any QB should be winning games. 

I just want to get better, and Simms isn't the answer IMO, not in this offense anyway.  If Gruden rethinks his game plan or he gets fired than Simms has a chance.

Simms wasn't instrumental?! Who was taking the snaps and running the offense? While he wasn't Peyton Manning out there, he deserves as much credit for the W's as criticism for his lack of yards. Can't be a one-way street, bro..

Gruden doesn't have to rethink his game plan, that's looking a little too far ahead..

First and foremost, we have to rebuild the DL so we're not forced to pay catch up every game. That forces Gruden into pass mode, rendering his "plan" a moot point.

Once we do that, then we must continue to run the ball. I loved what I was seeing last Thursday, looks like we're on the right track..

In turn, the pressure is off the pocket and even Gradkowski would find the going alot easier, if he indeed wins the job..

In a perfect world, huh?   :-

BucsAddict

Starter

#29 : November 28, 2006, 02:25:24 PM

I think the main point is Simms wasn't that impressive or instrumental in last years wins.  When you have the number one D any QB should be winning games.  

I just want to get better, and Simms isn't the answer IMO, not in this offense anyway.  If Gruden rethinks his game plan or he gets fired than Simms has a chance.

I agree that there needs to be a serious revision on Grudens part of Simms is to be successful. But your statement is completely laughable.

You just lumped Simms into Kyle Orton-dom

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Karen v Ron & Ian « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools