Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Karen v Ron & Ian « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: November 28, 2006, 10:13:16 AM

Sorry, Karen, but I have to admit that I enjoyed your call to Ron & Ian for all the wrong reasons:

(PARAPHRASING)

Karen: Do you think it's possible that the more Gradkowski plays, the better Simms looks?

Ian: No, I don't think that Simms stock rises.  He is what he is.  At this point, we know what his potential is.  Gradkowski's potential is still VERY high.

(/PARAPHRASING)

Funny thing is that I like Simms, I like Grads.  I just think that all this judgement of Grads a bit over the top.  The offer that they made to Simms was a forgone conclusion, but I don't think that we have a single GREAT option at QB.  That's why I'm pulling for Grads, because he is the unknown quantity in the whole thing.

If you are pining for Simms, though, you're still hanging your hat on his improving...only he's four years in.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 28, 2006, 10:31:53 AM

I am not so sure I agree with Ian that we know what Simms potential is.  It could go either way ( could be really bad or really good) and it is hard to gauge.  But I do agree with Ian in that Gradkowski's potential is very high.

watson

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 28, 2006, 10:32:17 AM

Ouch.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#3 : November 28, 2006, 10:35:04 AM

I am not so sure I agree with Ian that we know what Simms potential is.  It could go either way ( could be really bad or really good) and it is hard to gauge.  But I do agree with Ian in that Gradkowski's potential is very high.

Understood. I agree with you, in a way, but I side with him in the sense that right now, if either of these guys are to be considered the QB for this team, you're hoping that they improve.  Simms has had 4 years, so it's more likely that we know about just what his curve will be.  Grads, we have very little information on.  Then again, he could be worse than Simms.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 28, 2006, 10:41:10 AM

That guy Ian is a complete fabricator of life.

#5 : November 28, 2006, 10:49:34 AM

That guy Ian is a complete fabricator of life.

Although he sucks immensely:

1. I agree with him some what in this instance (see explanation above).
2. Karen called for validation from Ian, so one can infer that at least she considers him a good source of info, so...my "BOOYAH!" still stands.  ;)
3. At least he's not Steve Deumig.  He's just a Deumig in training.  :D

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 28, 2006, 10:53:30 AM

I am not so sure I agree with Ian that we know what Simms potential is. It could go either way ( could be really bad or really good) and it is hard to gauge. But I do agree with Ian in that Gradkowski's potential is very high.

We know what Simms' potential is within the strictest definitions of Gruden's offense.  And we know it's not very good.  What we don't know is how high his ceiling is in an offense that suits his skillset better.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 28, 2006, 10:59:32 AM

I am not so sure I agree with Ian that we know what Simms potential is. It could go either way ( could be really bad or really good) and it is hard to gauge. But I do agree with Ian in that Gradkowski's potential is very high.

We know what Simms' potential is within the strictest definitions of Gruden's offense.  And we know it's not very good.  What we don't know is how high his ceiling is in an offense that suits his skillset better.

Maybe that is what Ian was alluding to but did not elaborate? With that said Simms did not look bad last year with Gruden's offense so I am not so sure we truly know.

BucsAddict

Starter

#8 : November 28, 2006, 11:11:25 AM

I like Simms but what has me questioning his overall play would not be Grads, but Romo. Romo came off the bench after riding the pine for 4 years and has been completely lights out. Yes only for 5 games but at this point last year, Simms was just now starting to look good.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 28, 2006, 11:32:55 AM

I like Simms but what has me questioning his overall play would not be Grads, but Romo. Romo came off the bench after riding the pine for 4 years and has been completely lights out. Yes only for 5 games but at this point last year, Simms was just now starting to look good.

He was  ???  I must have missed that quarter.  :o

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 28, 2006, 11:40:01 AM

Romo has a better OL and WR's to throw to. Add to the fact that his coming out party last Thursday was against our "pass rush", without Rice, who gave him enough time to crap and wipe before he ever needed to think about where to throw...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 28, 2006, 11:41:04 AM

Romo has a better OL

The Cowboys o-line has been up/down this year.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 28, 2006, 11:43:47 AM

The Cowboys o-line has been up/down this year.

They were as up as it gets on Thursday, that's for sure..

DBuc

Second String

#13 : November 28, 2006, 12:18:40 PM

The Cowboys line sure did not look good for Bledsoe...They have had problems with their  line this year...Romo did not just look good against us by the way...He has played pretty well in most of his games and looks like a pretty good quarterback.  There is no comparison between the two...Simms has (we hope) the potential to improve but to claim that that the system needs to be changed just for him is wrong.  I can't think of an offense in the league that does have utilize a quick slant (it is like the first audible call they teach in high school for quarterbacks)....He needs to learn how to make all the throws, stop telegraphing passes, quicken his delivery, and understand passing lanes...What happens when they blitz?  He can't run...he better be able to hit the "hot" receiver which is not always going to be somebody running an intermediate or deep route (rarely is)...I don't care how smart a coach you are...to try to develop an offense around these limitations is nearly impossible (especially with the quality defenses in this league...you don't think a d-coordinator  will be able to exploit this?).

BucsAddict

Starter

#14 : November 28, 2006, 12:33:39 PM

He was ??? I must have missed that quarter. :o

I know your man love for gradkowski is all encompassing but now we're going to rewrite history and say Simms wasnt starting to look good by his 4&5th game of last season?

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Karen v Ron & Ian « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools