Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two more running backs could be on the market « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: February 14, 2008, 01:13:40 PM

according to Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, the Oakland Raiders are not likely to bring back RB Dominic Rhodes along with Lamont Jordan for next season.

Think they are thnking that the pick for them is Darren McFadden

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#1 : February 14, 2008, 01:15:52 PM

I would love to have dominic rhodes for the right price

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 14, 2008, 01:16:39 PM

That speculation came with the emergence and resigning of Justin Fargas. While run DMc isnt out of the question there, I dont think thats why they would release those two guys. They both have been trash in Oakland regardless.

I wouldn't touch either of those guys, unless it was for a 3rd string veteran minimum insurance policy, and thats pushing it lol

There are better backs available in FA and the draft, and theres probably about 10 better. I'd rather resign pittman at his age then pick up either of them, and Im not really a pittman fan...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 14, 2008, 01:19:36 PM

Agree that Rhodes isn't any good to any team if he isn't there. Can't afford to sign a RB who is a risk of not being there for four games -- or more since he's already served one suspension.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#4 : February 14, 2008, 01:23:37 PM

he has been hurt, but he can also catch the ball out of the backfield. But i do agree with you , i would only want him as 3rd string back in this offense,

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 14, 2008, 01:33:42 PM

I think Rhodes is just a product of the Colts' stretch run system and Peyton Manning. However Jordan put up some decent back up numbers with the Jets, including some really good numbers catching the ball (8.2 YPC for his career). He could be worth a look.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 14, 2008, 01:54:54 PM

everyone on this board was all over lamont jordan when he became a FA 2 seasons ago...as long as he's still on the right side of 30, i can see us having him in for a visit as a potential successor to mike pittman.  he's pretty versatile, although i have no idea what sort of pass protector he is.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 14, 2008, 02:00:26 PM

If you like watching grinders do their work a 1-2 punch of Graham/Jordan would do it. 

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 14, 2008, 02:04:15 PM

That would be a physical backfield, but we need a mix of punching and break away plays. Mewelde is my FA pickup choice...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 14, 2008, 02:23:33 PM

Graham, Jordan=Grinders
Bennett,Moore=Speed,Joker,change of pace

Four solid backs

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 14, 2008, 02:28:34 PM

jordan/rhodes=poop

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 14, 2008, 02:43:43 PM

Too funny

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 14, 2008, 02:46:04 PM

u didn't know running behind a zbs was easy? its so easy a caveman can do it

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : February 14, 2008, 02:48:28 PM

The ignorance is flowing today. Jordan is a pretty good back. Rhodes is a good backup.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 14, 2008, 02:52:46 PM

really? what did jordan do behind the man scheme 2 yrs ago
rhodes isn't a pace back.. lets forget about adding a rb in free agency and paying him 6 digits.. i rather draft one late in rounds (5-7) to get the next ahmed bradshaw or sign a udfa like ryan grant

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two more running backs could be on the market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools