Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two more running backs could be on the market « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Wolf

Rookie

#15 : February 14, 2008, 03:08:33 PM

The ignorance is flowing today. Jordan is a pretty good back. Rhodes is a good backup.

QFT - Jordan would fit Gruden's WCO like a glove.

I love this team, and would cheer them even if Leeman Bennett was coaching Alvin Harper and Eric Curry.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 14, 2008, 03:24:52 PM

The ignorance is flowing today. Jordan is a pretty good back. Rhodes is a good backup.

QFT - Jordan would fit Gruden's WCO like a glove.
Yeah, his best years were with Paul Hackett as OC with the Jets. It would be hard to see him not working out in Tampa.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 14, 2008, 03:34:56 PM

Graham, Jordan=Grinders
Bennett,Moore=Speed,Joker,change of pace

Four solid backs

Moore = Speed???

Absolutely not! The guy is slow as molasses and if you want to describe him, he is quick, not fast. Moore is not a big play running back that can take it to the house evidenced by his career long run of 33 yards. I like Moore as a third string RB like he was in Minnesota but nothing else.
While i won't argue that he is a change of pace back, I woulod certainly not want to see Moore featured in our backfield like Graham was forced to do last year.

Balls Out

Starter
#18 : February 14, 2008, 03:43:51 PM

I'd take a look at Jordan too....what kind of O-line did Oakland have? Because we all know that it doesn't matter how good the RB is if the O-line can't block and open up holes for him.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

escobar

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 14, 2008, 04:40:05 PM

That speculation came with the emergence and resigning of Justin Fargas. While run DMc isnt out of the question there, I dont think thats why they would release those two guys. They both have been trash in Oakland regardless.

I wouldn't touch either of those guys, unless it was for a 3rd string veteran minimum insurance policy, and thats pushing it lol

There are better backs available in FA and the draft, and theres probably about 10 better. I'd rather resign pittman at his age then pick up either of them, and Im not really a pittman fan...

Huh? In 2005 Jordan had 1025 rushing yards and 70 receptions for 563 yards with 11 total td's. As a first year starter on a pretty bad team that's pretty impressive. The last two years he has been hampered by injuries so his numbers obviouly don't look that impressive. Although last year  he gained almost all of his 550 rushing yards in the first 4-5 games of the season before his injuries, he was on pace to have a pretty nice year.

Saying there are probably 10 better rb options in the draft and FA just sounds moronic to me. First of all no RB in the draft has done jack in the NFL, and please tell me which FA rb's have done better than Jordan the last few years. I think you would be hard pressed to find one much less 10.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#20 : February 14, 2008, 04:45:01 PM

Oh and the guy never fumbles. In seven seasons he has fumbled only 7 times, losing 4. That's a huge plus.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 14, 2008, 04:46:29 PM

escobar, IIRC he was leading the league in rushing yards before going down, and that was on a pretty toothless offense - no standout linemen, one of the poorest starting QBs around, and very little at the WR position.  not too shabby, all things considered.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 14, 2008, 04:54:05 PM

That speculation came with the emergence and resigning of Justin Fargas. While run DMc isnt out of the question there, I dont think thats why they would release those two guys. They both have been trash in Oakland regardless.

I wouldn't touch either of those guys, unless it was for a 3rd string veteran minimum insurance policy, and thats pushing it lol

There are better backs available in FA and the draft, and theres probably about 10 better. I'd rather resign pittman at his age then pick up either of them, and Im not really a pittman fan...

Huh? In 2005 Jordan had 1025 rushing yards and 70 receptions for 563 yards with 11 total td's. As a first year starter on a pretty bad team that's pretty impressive. The last two years he has been hampered by injuries so his numbers obviouly don't look that impressive. Although last year he gained almost all of his 550 rushing yards in the first 4-5 games of the season before his injuries, he was on pace to have a pretty nice year.

Saying there are probably 10 better rb options in the draft and FA just sounds moronic to me. First of all no RB in the draft has done jack in the NFL, and please tell me which FA rb's have done better than Jordan the last few years. I think you would be hard pressed to find one much less 10.

Maybe I took it to the extreme in my post.

But after everything you just said I say this:
We still can do better than Lamont Jordan.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 14, 2008, 07:12:06 PM

Jordan would be an outstanding fit in this offense and could rotate effectively with Graham.  The problem is that he now has chronic back problems, so you'd need to limit his workload - he'll be an injury risk.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 14, 2008, 07:49:07 PM

Jordan would be an outstanding fit in this offense and could rotate effectively with Graham. The problem is that he now has chronic back problems, so you'd need to limit his workload - he'll be an injury risk.

I agree, with his pass catching ability Gruden could work wonders with that guy. As you said he is an injury risk but with Pitt possibly looking for a new a team Jordan would be great here with 10-15 touches per game. Also, with Graham, Jordan, and Bennet/Darby, we could let Carnell rehab all of next year and bring him back fresh for 2009.

#25 : February 14, 2008, 08:12:24 PM

Jordan would be an outstanding fit in this offense and could rotate effectively with Graham. The problem is that he now has chronic back problems, so you'd need to limit his workload - he'll be an injury risk.

I agree, with his pass catching ability Gruden could work wonders with that guy. As you said he is an injury risk but with Pitt possibly looking for a new a team Jordan would be great here with 10-15 touches per game. Also, with Graham, Jordan, and Bennet/Darby, we could let Carnell rehab all of next year and bring him back fresh for 2009.

I'd rather keep Pitt & Bennett, there's already one RB on this team that's close to having chronic back problems.

#26 : February 14, 2008, 08:23:23 PM

No and No.

Can we stop sifting thru other teams' trash?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 14, 2008, 08:29:53 PM

lol

thats what im saying our offense will never be borderline top 10 picking up trash

just saying. i know were top 20 but we shouldnt be garsping for straws

:-/

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 14, 2008, 08:59:28 PM

I'd be all for Jordan.  If Graham goes down, I can't see a guy like Moore coming in and being that 25-30 carry guy ... Jordan on the other hand wouldn't miss a beat.  IMO, I think a backfield of Graham, Jordan and Bennett would be a GREAT committee.  Problem is, I can't see Bennett staying to play no.3 behind a Jordan - unless he get's no looks in FA.

HARRIS

Rookie

#29 : February 15, 2008, 12:51:18 AM

you guys have got to be kidding me. we need burner turner he would be the best for us right now. duh!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two more running backs could be on the market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools